RIP Brad McQuaid

https://www.pcgamer.com/everquest-an...uaid-has-died/

Unbelievable. Brad was a big part of the creation of EverQuest, which set the stage for every major MMO released from that point on including WoW, FF14, ESO and GW2. Many friends were made, many relationships formed as a ripple effect from his impact on the genre as a whole.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2019-11-20 at 02:43 AM.

Oh wow, one of the founding fathers is gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad news indeed. EverQuest was what truly got me into MMO’s, and even though WoW mostly killed it upon release I still have fond memories.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Only 51 years old... What an absolute shame. His legacy will be remembered and enjoyed for a long time.

That's crazy. I was literally just looking up how "Pantheon" was progressing a few days ago. RIP.

My days in EQ are memories i'll never forget.

R.I.P. Aradune and the "The Vision"...

Why would that be unbelievable?

One of the OGs of the modern MMO. Will be missed. Sad he went so young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang. Rest well, big guy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Man, this is fucking brutal. Even with his missteps, he was fucking amazing and helped create some incredible worlds. I was, and still am, looking forward to Pantheon. It's a shame that he can't see it through to launch, but I'll be playing it no matter what.

thats way too early to die man!

Didn't really know who he was til this, but always sucks when someone so young dies. 51 now is super young to croak

I wonder what this means for the development of Pantheon. Was it natural causes or something else?

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, only 51. WTF. Sad.

At one point a major force in the industry. I certainly had hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of enjoyment via EQ. Thanks for all the fun, RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Press F for respect
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Was it natural causes or something else?
    It was not announced, so I fear it may have been something else.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It was not announced, so I fear it may have been something else.
    I honestly wonder if the funds were running out for the game and he maybe took his own life. I hope it's not that.