Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Have you peaked into the official forums yet? It is completely filled with D2 elitists that openly admit they are doing everything in their power on the forums to make sure the game is as close to a carbon copy of D2 as possibly. The forum is so muddied with comments from these players and mock and shoot down any and all other suggestions unless it fits the D2 paradigm. It's a sight to see.
    Nah don't really visit the original forums. It's way too toxic. And while I am also a huge fan of D2, I personally don't think a carbon copy of D2 would work well in today's gaming market. I actually hope that D4 goes its own unique way while learning from previous installment, and other games in the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Nah don't really visit the original forums. It's way too toxic. And while I am also a huge fan of D2, I personally don't think a carbon copy of D2 would work well in today's gaming market. I actually hope that D4 goes its own unique way while learning from previous installment, and other games in the genre.
    I think it would work, but we have that already and it's PoE. Granted, it's not exactly a 1:1 and they also are improving on that formula, so that's what the situation is now. I think Blizzard is making a smart move into focusing on "next gen".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think it would work, but we have that already and it's PoE. Granted, it's not exactly a 1:1 and they also are improving on that formula, so that's what the situation is now. I think Blizzard is making a smart move into focusing on "next gen".
    But PoE has way more endgame than D2. I personally don't think PoE is carbon copy of D2. It's probably the true successor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    But PoE has way more endgame than D2. I personally don't think PoE is carbon copy of D2. It's probably the true successor though.
    I was thinking more abut the core systems etc. endgame as a concept was something that in D2 was at its embryo state, i think the idea of endgame as basically the actual game took place later with WoW. But i may be blatantly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I was thinking more abut the core systems etc. endgame as a concept was something that in D2 was at its embryo state, i think the idea of endgame as basically the actual game took place later with WoW. But i may be blatantly wrong.
    Oh yea I agree with you there. I was maybe taking the people-want-it-to-be-exactly-like-D2 too literal? I mean if Blizzard would release D2 now, it would be severely lacking in endgame content for most people. It's a great game, and I still play it at times, but an exact copy of D2 with modern graphics wouldn't really work.

I just want D2 talents I want to have a swarm of skeletons or just cast Teeth once and clear a dungeon. I loved that I could just stack points into one spell I liked on a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw @Coldkill, could we keep the OP updated with links for each of the updates from the dev team?
    Yeah, not a bad idea. Once i get on the pc, i can put the first two links.

I'd keep only the official ones, otherwile we would end with lots of different interviews that go through the same topics.