Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Syegfryed saying something positive?

Now I've seen it all.
    i only say negative stuff towards damn elves

Quote Originally Posted by Arawrabearialis View Post
    I disagree, they're CD's with both defensive and offensive value, aside from the Necrolords one. They definitely adds to the Blood kit. Rotations don't need to be overly complicated in order to be fun and when they add new abilities, they shouldn't simply be there to increase rotation complexity.
    They have very little value compared to other, already existing abilities in the Dk toolkit. Except for the Necrolord ability they don't add anything interesting that hasn't already been there. It's just redundant button bloat without any actual gameplay. Just compare them to the "new abilities" they added in prior expansions.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-11-23 at 07:37 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i only say negative stuff towards damn elves
    Then you enjoy two toed trolls after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They have very little value compared to other, already existing abilities in the Dk toolkit. Except for the Necrolord ability they don't add anything interesting that hasn't already been there. It's just redundant button bloat without any actual gameplay. Just compare them to the "new abilities" they added in prior expansions.
    Maybe the difference is I strictly play tanks and you play dps, but I fail to see how another CD is "redundant" or lacking in gameplay. And if you want to be technical, the Necrolord ability is basically another grip, so of the 4, that's the most "redundant". I personally don't feel like I need more rotational buttons to press as blood, but more CD's are always welcome.

Maybe the difference is I strictly play tanks and you play dps, but I fail to see how another CD is "redundant" or lacking in gameplay. And if you want to be technical, the Necrolord ability is basically another grip, so of the 4, that's the most "redundant". I personally don't feel like I need more rotational buttons to press as blood, but more CD's are always welcome.
    It's more of an a perma-grip-chain thing with a variety of different uses. The other abilities are:
    -stationary AoE with dmg reduction
    -AoE around you with RP gen
    -singletarget dot with a bit of dmg reduction

In previous expansions new abilities were fun because they had really defined uses and added something to the classes that they didn't have before like e.g. Soul Reaper. They supplemented the toolkit without creating too much overlap. That's what well-designed talents/abilities should look like in theory.

It's like nowadays they're trying to actively turn every spec into something that plays like Retribution Paladin (they already did that with WW in Legion). Mind numbing builder/spender with a few dmg CDs sprinkled on top. If that's your thing, knock yourself out but I think they were much better at designing classes/specs in the past (maybe all the people with decent ideas left idk).

If talents worked the way they claim their ridiculous new system is supposed to, they could design classes to function with different rotations so that people who want more complicated rotations can spec one way, while those of who are happy learning and following a rotation without a lot of extra fluff can successfully raid as well.

I'm not seeing how the example you gave was all that different from the Covenant abilities. https://www.wowhead.com/spell=130736...eaper#comments It's a maintenance buff on a 45 sec cd.

If talents worked the way they claim their ridiculous new system is supposed to, they could design classes to function with different rotations so that people who want more complicated rotations can spec one way, while those of who are happy learning and following a rotation without a lot of extra fluff can successfully raid as well.

I'm not seeing how the example you gave was all that different from the Covenant abilities. https://www.wowhead.com/spell=130736...eaper#comments It's a maintenance buff on a 45 sec cd.
    I was talking about the old version of Soul Reaper they introduced with MoP.

I vaguely remember it working like an execute (my DK was only an alt back then), which granted, did alter the rotation slightly in a way that added to it without overly complicating anything. I would much rather see them simply bring back all the abilities they've removed over the years for no good reason, scrap the awful new talent system, and just implement these Covenant abilities as they are (barring any necessary numbers tweaking obviously). I don't need my rotation to change every expansion, consistency is a good thing. Dungeon design, boss encounters, that's where the change and complexity should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medrawd View Post
    Death's Due and Swarming Mist seems to be the safest pick both for tanking and dps. Abomination Limb looks like could be tons of fun (and kind of broken) in pvp.

Having both Swarming Mist and Bonestorm might break blood in m+, i look foward to it.
    Well it has its ups and downs...downside is that it isn't targeted...so unless you're in a 1v1 setting...it could very well not pull the target you want. If you're fighting someone ranged while having someone melee on you it will just target them...and all the melee has to do is stay on top of you to keep their ranged friend from being pulled.

Necrolord for PvP, Venthyr for everything else? That's fine, I guess. Those were the two I was looking at anyways.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

It may just be poorly worded, but it read to me as if the Night Fae Ability is supposed to buff you with 80 strength for every target it hits. In that case I could see it being the more interesting one.