Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Why stop at Pineapple? Throw on some oranges while you're at it!

    You're gross OP, stop being gross.
    There's places in sweden where you can get banana-ham-curry pizzas.

    Honestly, pinapple on pizzas aint bad, the sweet-sour mixed with savoury/salty mixes well. but it needs to be done in moderation.

  2. #22
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It tastes good and mixes perfectly.
    It isn't. You are brainwashed.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  3. #23
    Baby palettes all up in the pineapple pizza threads.

    Every time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Sweet and savory NEVER mix well. And I feel strongly about this.

    I've never eaten anything savory that uses sweeteners/fruit as more than a taste-amplifier in tiny amounts, I would ever want to make or order for myself. It just ruins the otherwise perfectly tasty food. This is also a good indicator for why I rarely visit Asian restaurants, as many of the dishes (not all, I know) do this. (Yet some of the stuff is amazing!)

    Note that things like Ketchup, while often containing a lot of sugar, isn't actually sweet (at least to me). In fact, I prefer "diet" Ketchup because it's more acidic and ... erm, "honest" is the word that pops into my head.

    I eat dinner OR desert. No mixi mixi.

    I dislike it so much, that I sometimes question some peoples' sanity when they seemingly actually LIKE abominations like pinapple pizza. How??
    Point made.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    There's places in sweden where you can get banana-ham-curry pizzas.
    Pretty standard on bahamas and chicken pizzas here minus the ham, i like it mixes pretty nicely. Something like peanuts, banana, chicken and curry i like to add jalapenos on all my pizzas though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  5. #25
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth!
    Posts
    25,258
    Salt + Sweet. Especially with smoked ham on there.
    Hamsters are illegal in Hawaii!
    "TeH SjW AgEnDa, dAmN WoMyN/GaYS/MiNOrItIeS DaRiNG tO HaVe A PrEsEnCE iN soCiEtY!!!1"

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Narwhalosh Whalescream Because you haven't discovered anchovies yet!

    Poor folks pizza -- St. Louis style, with bologna. When you're a student, the correct beverage to accompany it is whatever malt liquor is on sale in 40s, although Thunderbird will do in a pinch.
    Malt liquor is garbage, steel reserve or go home.

  7. #27
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    33,926
    As a person who grew up in nyc. Firstly If you’re not in nyc or nj. You’re not eating pizza. Secondly if you’re putting pineapple on it... doing it wrong.

    The only thing that goes on pizza is either cheese or pepperoni.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Sweet and savory NEVER mix well. And I feel strongly about this.

    I've never eaten anything savory that uses sweeteners/fruit as more than a taste-amplifier in tiny amounts, I would ever want to make or order for myself. It just ruins the otherwise perfectly tasty food. This is also a good indicator for why I rarely visit Asian restaurants, as many of the dishes (not all, I know) do this. (Yet some of the stuff is amazing!)

    Note that things like Ketchup, while often containing a lot of sugar, isn't actually sweet (at least to me). In fact, I prefer "diet" Ketchup because it's more acidic and ... erm, "honest" is the word that pops into my head.

    I eat dinner OR desert. No mixi mixi.

    I dislike it so much, that I sometimes question some peoples' sanity when they seemingly actually LIKE abominations like pinapple pizza. How??
    It goes together with a lot of Indian dishes and deserts I find.

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! shadowmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dongbei, PRC ... for now
    Posts
    5,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92
    Malt liquor is garbage, steel reserve or go home.
    Had to look that up. Introduced in 1994? I'm not up on those newfangled kids drinks. >.>
    @Rochana A decent Italian place just opened up in a location I can reach without too much difficulty, so what I've actually been binging on is Gorgonzola and salami pizza. Although, I have been enjoying anchovies and fresh mozzarella on panini too.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

    Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

  9. #29
    Not a fan of it personally but apparently there's an enzyme in pineapple that breaks down protein and helps tenderise meat which might be why, on top of the sweet+savoury combo.

  10. #30
    Pineapple on pizza? I mean you can.. you can also install a hot tub in your living room.. or go to work without pants on.. these are all things you CAN do, but it doesn't change the fact that if you do these things you're signaling to the people around you that you have an IQ in the single digits..

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    What's wrong about a hot tub in your living room tho? And if you're working from home, I sincerely hope that you're NOT wearing pants while soaking in your hot tub with your water proof mouse and keyboard! That shit is very high class compared to pinapple pizza, which is near the possible bottom - which we probably agree on.
    It's amusing how people today associate laziness with "high class". I mean guess so dude.. from the perspective of the poor, I suppose not doing anything, or being as lazy as humanly possible is seen as "high class". To me.. high class means well educated, reputable, and responsibility. A hot tub in your living room as you eat pizza covered in pineapples to me is the dream of every redneck in America praying every day that they win the lottery. lol..

  12. #32
    Legendary! callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,935
    Was just wondering what to do for dinner. Solution: ordered a large pineapple and jalapeno pizza. 30mins to go!!!!!

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH (Hometown: Philadelphia, PA)
    Posts
    3,244
    You people make me sick.
    “Populists (and 'national socialists') look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world 'behind the scenes'. Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.”
    - Christopher Hitchens

  14. #34
    Disgusting heresy. You shall burn for your sins!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Had to look that up. Introduced in 1994? I'm not up on those newfangled kids drinks. >.>
    @Rochana A decent Italian place just opened up in a location I can reach without too much difficulty, so what I've actually been binging on is Gorgonzola and salami pizza. Although, I have been enjoying anchovies and fresh mozzarella on panini too.
    You... you.. nom anchovis? willingly? Oh god, why?

  16. #36
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    As a person who grew up in nyc. Firstly If you’re not in nyc or nj. You’re not eating pizza. Secondly if you’re putting pineapple on it... doing it wrong.
    Wait, so I can't get pizza in Italy? ... You know, the place that invented it?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Wait, so I can't get pizza in Italy? ... You know, the place that invented it?
    Not only that, Pizza as a widespread dish didn't really start to happen in the US until those very same Italians brought it with them when immigrating.

    It's incredibly silly to claim someone is doing pizza wrong if it's eaten differently from how they do it in the north-eastern US.

  18. #38
    Outrage against pineapple on pizza seems as justified to me as outrage against wearing sandals with socks. Bashing that was a meme before the word took off but I never heard a reasoning for it.

  19. #39
    I am Murloc! shadowmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dongbei, PRC ... for now
    Posts
    5,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles
    You... you.. nom anchovis? willingly? Oh god, why?
    <bungee cackles maniacally, although it may just be the onset of senility>

    With that out of my system, I'll try to give you a reasonable answer. It probably goes back to having lived in Italy when I was 6-7 years old. That means I got used to them as an ordinary ingredient, and something I often associated with some of my favorite dishes -- Bagna Càuda or Spaghetti Puttanesca for example.

    For a wider discussion: https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/...anchovies.html

    I'm not really that into sweets, but I love things like olives, capers, and of course anchovies.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

    Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

  20. #40
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Outrage against pineapple on pizza seems as justified to me as outrage against wearing sandals with socks. Bashing that was a meme before the word took off but I never heard a reasoning for it.
    I'm not sure why it's such a popular horse to beat, but I'm bashing it because it tastes atrocious. Why would I take something as delicious as pizza, and put something as awful as pineapple on it? That'd be like eating a steak with pickle juice as a sauce.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •