Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Thumbs up Congratulations to WoW Classic -- The Golden Joystick PC Game of the Year !

https://www.gamesradar.com/Golden-Jo...-2019-winners/

In a year where the The Division 2, Anthem, Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC was released, nothing has quite mattered as much as the release of WoW Classic.

The engagement of players; the message it sends to Blizzard re: design paradigms; the streaming community uptake; the renewed friendships AND new ones; the nostalgia -- it couldn't be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    lulz.
    /chars
    i know right? its such a damning statement on the quality of game design, obsession with games as a service, microtransactions, and cynical skinner box design elements in all the AAA titles nowadays.

You posted cringe

but but but we just thought we wanted it... we didnt really wanted it.... or did we?

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post

In a year where the The Division 2, Anthem, Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC was released, nothing has quite mattered as much as the release of WoW Classic.

The engagement of players; the message it sends to Blizzard re: design paradigms; the streaming community uptake; the renewed friendships AND new ones; the nostalgia -- it couldn't be beat.
    The only game that isn't better than Classic is Anthem. Every other game mentioned destroy Classic. This just proves that people have no fucking proper taste in video games anymore. Classic absolutely does not deserve that reward.

Sorry any website that refuses access because I block their shitty cookies/ads can't be taken seriously.

OT: Classic is so ungodly awful. I just don't understand it. Everyone I know that played it after the re-release, has already went back to retail or a different game. Talking 40+ folks at this point. The drop off is only going to get worse. And I CANNOT wait for them to server merge folks, where they have lopsided factions, then put them together. People LOVE WPvP when they're winning. They hate it if the scales are even. People are going to bitch and moan so much, its going to be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like they begged people to vote for WoW.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

i know right? its such a damning statement on the quality of game design, obsession with games as a service, microtransactions, and cynical skinner box design elements in all the AAA titles nowadays.
    Vanilla's shit compared to TBC though...

Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 are literally all incredible games that stand up on their own without micro-transactions. Sure Destiny 2 has them but like....they're all cosmetic and pretty much don't matter. Any one of them should have annihilated Classic in the competition but apparently Classic diehards decided to fuck with the data and slip Classic ahead of them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must be new to video games awards, it is the same popularity bullshit that goes on every year.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate classic or anything, I think it's good that it exists, but for the love of god, game of the year for the same exact game?

pretty much every game has beat classic in every way, classic is nothing special and has only brought in a fraction on the people and money that many other games have, classic/WoW doesnt really matter at all. Subnautica got the same award the year before so that just shows how irrelevant it is.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-11-20 at 07:30 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The site is full of wow classic haters
    But it is only logical, they play a game that fails, but has nothing to do with classic wow, just normal to be bitter.

Very pleased for the game's success in the awards.
    I was expecting it, Classic brought more people back than the launch of Warlords of Draenor Expansion, which had 2,6 million worth of players as increased subs! It was biggest subs increase till this quarter! And this will be the record that will never break!

lol, the haters denial gets more comical as time passes

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    The site is full of wow classic haters
    But it is only logical, they play a game that fails, but has nothing to do with classic wow, just normal to be bitter.

Very pleased for the game's success in the awards.
    I was expecting it, Classic brought more people back than the launch of Warlords of Draenor Expansion, which had 2,6 million worth of players as increased subs! It was biggest subs increase till this quarter! And this will be the record that will never break!
    Does getting cucked to pay the development of retail make people act like this, or is it something people are born with?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only game that isn't better than Classic is Anthem. Every other game mentioned destroy Classic. This just proves that people have no fucking proper taste in video games anymore. Classic absolutely does not deserve that reward.
    I haven't played Destiny 2, but the other games? Better than Classic? Borderlands 3 was shit. Crappy SJW story and characters. Much worse than the decade old Borderlands 2. Outer Worlds had the right idea but it's extremely short and linear. RDR2 is still so full of bugs, it's unplayable.

I agree with RE2 GotY. I think maybe Destiny 2's release was an(excellent) xpak/relaunch(with the New Light) when WoW classic was a whole new(remastered) game. However, I prefer Destiny 2 to WoW classic, but prefer WoW classic to BFA. I also think BL3(bad story imo, but great gameplay) is on par with WoW classic.

I think Outer Worlds would probably be tied with Fire Emblem Three Houses for my RPG of the year. Both games are actually amazing, imo, and either one could duke it out for my personal GotY if RE2 hadn't been so surprisingly great.

I think that my honorable mentions would be Astral Chain and DMC5. Great games, actually, and Astral Chain was so unique, I will be playing that for years.

IMO Sekiro wasn't my cup of tea(prefer the Souls formula), and I haven't played Fallen Order or Super Mario Maker 2.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-11-20 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I haven't played Destiny 2, but the other games? Better than Classic? Borderlands 3 was shit. Crappy SJW story and characters. Much worse than the decade old Borderlands 2. Outer Worlds had the right idea but it's extremely short and linear. RDR2 is still so full of bugs, it's unplayable.
    Ah so because you think it's SJW nonsense that makes Borderlands 3 bad. Considering I still play Borderlands 3 every day because the gameplay is amazing and the guns are a vast improvement on Borderlands 2, I'll disagree. Destiny 2 is highly addictive and with New Light you can play massive amounts of content for FREE. And RDR2 didn't have an amount of bugs that made it unplayable.

Regardless, Classic is a rehash of a 15 year old version of the game. It runs out of content VERY quickly. The community is toxic as hell. There's next to no story. Class design is a mess. Raids are laughable. The only thing that keeps players in the game is the leveling because it takes FOREVER. When you hit max level, there's next to nothing to do. Classic really does NOT deserve that award.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like classic but it’s no where close to game of the year and I wouldn’t trust any website/community that says it is.