Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    No more groups for the seasonal raid (Chromie)

    So because of the PvP going on at Chromie when the seasonal raid opened, I didn't manage to pickup the quest (or know that you had to) and although I cleared the raid, I didn't get the mount.

    I've been looking every night and most days for the past two weeks, and there doesn't seem to be anyone running it any more. I've tried custom group finder, trying to form groups and queueing directly at Chromie as a tank.

    Anyone else experiencing the same problem and not managing to get a group? The raids were so easy, was it basically a one time only for everyone to get the mount and it's not worth going back again?

  2. #2
    No one groups for it because you can solo queue. Do that, get it done in 30 min.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Kyux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    730
    You don't need to do the quest to get the mount. You need to complete each wing to get the achievement which grants the mount.

    If you want the quest just switch off warmode and grab it. Then queue solo. It will take a while but it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    So because of the PvP going on at Chromie when the seasonal raid opened, I didn't manage to pickup the quest (or know that you had to) and although I cleared the raid, I didn't get the mount.

    I've been looking every night and most days for the past two weeks, and there doesn't seem to be anyone running it any more. I've tried custom group finder, trying to form groups and queueing directly at Chromie as a tank.

    Anyone else experiencing the same problem and not managing to get a group? The raids were so easy, was it basically a one time only for everyone to get the mount and it's not worth going back again?
    Did you Obtain the Achievement "Memories of Fel, Frost, and Fire"? as that's the Achievement that rewards the mount. At first the Mount was mailed to you, which is looted to your bag on receiving the mail, then you clicked to learn it. Now it is automatically Learned on obtaining the Achievement. So if you don't see "Obsidian Worldbreaker" in your mount list, and you do have "Memories of Fel, Frost, and Fire" Open a ticket with a GM and see if they can fix it for you.

  5. #5
    I didn't get the achievement, I think maybe one one of the bosses was bugged. But the problem is still the same, I can't find a group. I'll try the Chromie queue again. Maybe I'm just used to instant queues as a tank and waiting 30+ minutes seems odd!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    So because of the PvP going on at Chromie when the seasonal raid opened, I didn't manage to pickup the quest (or know that you had to) and although I cleared the raid, I didn't get the mount.
    You don't need the quest for the mount. You just have to clear all three wings. It use to go to your mailbox, now it goes to your bags.

    Just queue for it at Chromie and wait. The queue takes time to find people. The initial rush is over so now you have to wait a bit longer.

  7. #7
    You can always turn warmode off for 5 minutes, it's not like your game is going to explode because of that. Make sure to queue during the peak hours for your region, not in the middle of the night for example. I did it today on EU at like 8 pm and the queue was instant for me as a tank with a dps friend.

  8. #8
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    Maybe I'm just used to instant queues as a tank and waiting 30+ minutes seems odd!
    This is definitely your problem right here. You just have to wait it out like the rest of the plebs.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    So because of the PvP going on at Chromie when the seasonal raid opened, I didn't manage to pickup the quest (or know that you had to) and although I cleared the raid, I didn't get the mount.

    I've been looking every night and most days for the past two weeks, and there doesn't seem to be anyone running it any more. I've tried custom group finder, trying to form groups and queueing directly at Chromie as a tank.

    Anyone else experiencing the same problem and not managing to get a group? The raids were so easy, was it basically a one time only for everyone to get the mount and it's not worth going back again?
    YOu queue up by talking to Chromie. It's LFR.

  10. #10
    There are still plenty people doing it. Got it done just yesterday and queue's are faster than LFR's.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    I've been looking every night and most days for the past two weeks, and there doesn't seem to be anyone running it any more.
    Uhm, you are wrong. Tons of people are looking, especially on reset day. I did it today and invites popped up very fast.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Uhm, you are wrong. Tons of people are looking, especially on reset day. I did it today and invites popped up very fast.
    He expected people to make groups for it through LFG for some reason. That's why there were no people

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    He expected people to make groups for it through LFG for some reason. That's why there were no people
    Why did he, if he already did it once, he must know how to queue.

  14. #14
    Why don’t you just turn war mode off if it hinders you to get to Chromie?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu queue up by talking to Chromie. It's LFR.
    On that note, is there a minimum ilevel to queue? I tried yesterday with a fresh 120 and said I didnt meet the requirements.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    On that note, is there a minimum ilevel to queue? I tried yesterday with a fresh 120 and said I didnt meet the requirements.
    lvl 120 and ilvl 380 i believe.

  17. #17
    Tons of people doing it repeatedly because you can get 420 gear from it.
    #TeamTinkers

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Why did he, if he already did it once, he must know how to queue.
    If you did it very early on a lot of people assumed it was like every other time walking raid and created an lf group for it. That's how I wound up doing it the first time, it wasn't until a couple of days later a guild member told me you can solo queue at chromie.

    Granted a big problem is the whole "event" is very clunky and probably being avoided by a fair number of players.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If you did it very early on a lot of people assumed it was like every other time walking raid and created an lf group for it. That's how I wound up doing it the first time, it wasn't until a couple of days later a guild member told me you can solo queue at chromie.

    Granted a big problem is the whole "event" is very clunky and probably being avoided by a fair number of players.
    No people made groups because when it first came out it was bugged and the leader / solo person couldn't queue for any role other than dps. So creating groups fixed that.

    What exactly is clunk about the event? There's nothing clunky about it. Unless you mean people can't follow instructions and/or mechanics.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If you did it very early on a lot of people assumed it was like every other time walking raid and created an lf group for it. That's how I wound up doing it the first time, it wasn't until a couple of days later a guild member told me you can solo queue at chromie.

    Granted a big problem is the whole "event" is very clunky and probably being avoided by a fair number of players.
    But he says he already completed it, so he must have queued for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •