1. #1

    Pally discord issues

    I was removed from the pally discord without a means to respond.

    I only respond here because it is a neutral place to express ideas.

    I was not told why I was removed.

    All I can say is there was a disagreement between me and a moderator but at no time was I vulgar or harassing.

    If they wish to address the issue I’m more than happy to work with them.

    My fear is that the pally discord community moderators are more about reputation than actual theory crafting. I only say this because they were unwilling to provide the math for their guides and were arguing out of subjective responses instead of objective logic. I’m fully willing to except that I’m wrong but that will require further discourse. Shutting people down because they disagree with you has become far too common in this day and age.

  2. #2
    The Patient Sezerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    293
    Lmao you are the "Quietguy"?

  3. #3
    You'll see that happening in alot of discord server, where as soon as you dont fully support and agree with with a mod/admin says, you'll be ban/kick in a heartbeat.

    I was once kicked from a discord after asking a mod "If you want people to follow that rule, why dont you write it down with all the other rules instead of keeping it to yourself and expecting people to follow somethnig they dont know?" Followed by a 10 minutes session of getting insulted and finished by a ban. Lolwat?

    But hey, good luck in trying to get back in, my guess is as long as that mod is in power, you wont be able to get back in *with that account* (hint hint).

  4. #4
    QuietguyToday at 2:13 PM
    no but all your haste is a flat increase to dps or hps
    if you have 1% more haste you have 1% more dps/hps

    I'd ban you for that comment as well rofl

  5. #5
    You're better off just going to Skeletor's site, anyway. The Discord is memes and know-it-alls.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    You'll see that happening in alot of discord server, where as soon as you dont fully support and agree with with a mod/admin says, you'll be ban/kick in a heartbeat.

    I was once kicked from a discord after asking a mod "If you want people to follow that rule, why dont you write it down with all the other rules instead of keeping it to yourself and expecting people to follow somethnig they dont know?" Followed by a 10 minutes session of getting insulted and finished by a ban. Lolwat?

    But hey, good luck in trying to get back in, my guess is as long as that mod is in power, you wont be able to get back in *with that account* (hint hint).
    That's how mods are everywhere.

    Hell, I've been temp banned off the Blizzard forums for "calling out the devteam" without even mentioning them. The reality is that the person on the other end is a human, and likely will face no repercussions for abusing their power once or twice a day, and they will readily do it if something they read just rubbed them wrong.

  7. #7
    I'm not worried about being banned. I just want to have a conversation. When the experts don't want to back up their results with actual math and logic then I have my doubts. If they don't like to be pressed on the matter and ban me to avoid addressing the matter it is important that others know that. I don't want to be rude but I do expect experts to be held to a higher standard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm done. Pally discord is what it is. There's some great talent there but take everything with a grain of salt. Your situation may require a slightly different priority.

  8. #8
    There can be no solid maths when your char is plagued with a dozen random procs that have weird synergy. All you can do these days is through the data into a processor and see what it comes up with.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pendragyn View Post
    I was removed from the pally discord without a means to respond.

    I only respond here because it is a neutral place to express ideas.

    I was not told why I was removed.

    All I can say is there was a disagreement between me and a moderator but at no time was I vulgar or harassing.

    If they wish to address the issue I’m more than happy to work with them.

    My fear is that the pally discord community moderators are more about reputation than actual theory crafting. I only say this because they were unwilling to provide the math for their guides and were arguing out of subjective responses instead of objective logic. I’m fully willing to except that I’m wrong but that will require further discourse. Shutting people down because they disagree with you has become far too common in this day and age.

    Well what was your argument you were trying to make, and the math to support your claim? Can’t ask of others what you won’t do yourself

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Good ol Stroggylos View Post
    There can be no solid maths when your char is plagued with a dozen random procs that have weird synergy. All you can do these days is through the data into a processor and see what it comes up with.
    Especially since they don't even put the information in the tooltips anymore. "Random chance to do some random amount of undisclosed damage at undisclosed intervals with undisclosed internal cooldowns."

    Look at that Ghuun trinket for example.. "Random chance to spawn tentacles.".. ok.. how much do the tentacles do? When do they spawn? Whats the internal cooldowns on the tentacles spawning?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Especially since they don't even put the information in the tooltips anymore. "Random chance to do some random amount of undisclosed damage at undisclosed intervals with undisclosed internal cooldowns."

    Look at that Ghuun trinket for example.. "Random chance to spawn tentacles.".. ok.. how much do the tentacles do? When do they spawn? Whats the internal cooldowns on the tentacles spawning?
    Yeap i do second that. And especially in a spec that is also plagued by a dps cd that affects the performance heavily... there is little point in maths anymore, just throw everything in a processor assume a time frame and the behavior of the individual/group in a combat setting and analize a gazillion of scenarios to get you a median output.
    Maths can help you estimate when some talents and trinkets can get some good synergy but these days its different than trying to solve an equation , its more like statistics with random variants.

    I am taking most of the statements with a grain of salt all the time but since the simulators come up with approximately same results as my live performance then am happy the mods are doing a good job at updating their shit.
    Last edited by Good ol Stroggylos; 2019-11-21 at 06:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    QuietguyToday at 2:13 PM
    no but all your haste is a flat increase to dps or hps
    if you have 1% more haste you have 1% more dps/hps

    I'd ban you for that comment as well rofl
    Rofl, yea that's some arguing-in-bad-faith level bad logic.

  13. #13
    why do you think we can help you or care?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  14. #14
    So my username is an argument? What are you trying to say?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Really? Banning someone for not being 100% accurate? Seems pretty arbitrary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That's just it. If you are the expert the honus is on you. Why require the highest regard for the rando when you won't do it for the expert? To most effective to the most required. Do you have an argument against that?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I don't know. The idea that people are good? If not you are completely right.

  15. #15
    OP its hard to understand what you're writing, I take it english is not your first language?

    I dont know the context to why you were banned from the discord and there probably is a background to that.

  16. #16
    So since Im the moderator who dished out the ban, Ill take the time to respond to you.

    First off, you could just unblock me on discord and send me a private message(again), instead of taking to several public forums.



    I think that should be enough reason, it's right there in our private conversation.

    I think this deserves to be locked by a moderator.
    Last edited by Viriel; 2019-11-23 at 04:15 PM.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by pendragyn View Post
    I was removed from the pally discord without a means to respond.
    That is a lie, a moderator told you that if you wanted to discuss the matter you should take it outside of the heavily moderated questions channel, to the general discussion channel.
    You kept ignoring the request from the moderator, and afterwards act surprised when actions are taken.

    Quote Originally Posted by pendragyn View Post
    I only respond here because it is a neutral place to express ideas.
    So it isn't because you didn't get the response, attention or traction to badmouth the class discord when you were looking to do so on the official forums?

    Quote Originally Posted by pendragyn View Post
    I was not told why I was removed.
    Not true, you know why you were removed - both before and after the ban you were informed.

    Quote Originally Posted by pendragyn View Post
    All I can say is there was a disagreement between me and a moderator but at no time was I vulgar or harassing.
    Mods told you that if you wanted to discuss the matter and theory craft it, you should take it to the general chat - not the questions chat (which is for straightforward Q/A).

    Quote Originally Posted by pendragyn View Post
    If they wish to address the issue I’m more than happy to work with them.
    So why don't you just oblige the rules in a discord with ~15 000 to 30 000 people at a given time, when asked directly to do so?

    Quote Originally Posted by pendragyn View Post
    My fear is that the pally discord community moderators are more about reputation than actual theory crafting.
    My fear is that you're trying to put the Paladin class discord and its mods in a bad light so that you don't have to look in the mirror and realize that the only person at fault here was you.

  18. #18
    You came into the paladin discord and made the claim that Haste Proc > Cyclo. When we explained it wasn't and why you use Cyclo over a haste proc you got defensive about wanting the math when its simply. Priority dmg on a consistant basis > a rng proc that does less dps in the time it takes you to cast it, You made a claim burden on proof for math is for you to provide.

    Any mythic progression that requires healers to help with a dps push would want a consistant way of doing it, not "Oh we didn't make this push because i didn't get my proc" e.g Zaqul beating a stack refresh or Azshara killing a Ward bitch.

    Edit: Ignored several templars saying this and mod

  19. #19
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    5,826
    I really don't think bringing issues from other public forums to MMOC (or any other public forum) is something that should be done.

    Closing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •