Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    "Crying like a little baby." What are we in high school? You sound like you're 12 and your parents don't allow you to curse.

I don't think you know what the word "hypocrisy" means, because you've used it inappropriately. Might want to google the definition before using it again.

Outing myself as a liar or being delusional? Wtf are you talking about? Your post in completely nonsensical. You honestly sound like a f*cking idiot who can be string a rational thought together. Take your edgy bloody eye avatar and your #nochanges subhuman ass back to the hole you crawled out of.

BG's are being released waaay earlier than originally planned. Check the WoW forums.

Time consuming =/= hard. Literally nothing in Vanilla WoW is hard. Only time consuming. All you need to be "successful" in vanilla WoW is time.
    My my, how simple you are.

You knew going into Classic that the things would be the way they are. Yet here you are complaining about them and trying to fight with people about how they should be different. You're trying to hold a position that the majority of the community doesn't share, but you feel entitled to with no basis for. Hence the use of the hypocrisy term. And yes, you ran to the forums, to complain and cry about something that YOU KNEW ABOUT already. So yes, you're acting like a petulant child who didn't get his way. Get the fuck over it. What did you hope you would find by creating this? More like minded fools who share your opinion so you can feel justified in your tears? Grow up. Get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    "Classic takes too long to do anything!"

Change wow to have less time sinks

"Theres nothing to do!"
    The problem with WoW has really been, at the heart of it, it's community, and not really Blizzard IMO.

People love to have this idolized version of the community in their head, but fail to realize that Blizzard wasn't responding to nothing.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

No issues with the respec costs for me and I have several characters that I try different things on.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It's kinda ludicrous that you have to put in the disclaimer "I never wanted it to be #nochanges" if you want to pass comment on the game without three or four people coming in to crow "HA! See! You thought you did but you don't, GOTCHA!"

Don't get me wrong, clowns aplenty on both sides.
    Oh absolutely. It's 100% ridiculous. I shouldn't have to explain that I play classic before saying something negative about it, that poster I quoted shouldn't have to explain that they never were a #nochanges supporter before saying they want something changed in classic. Disclaimers, within the context of a gaming forum, are pretty stupid imo. But here we are. Pretty soon every post will have 3 paragraphs of disclaimer before the single sentence that represents the users actual post lol.

For example. The dude just below you @horbindr makes an interesting point about the decay. One I would even take a step further by saying I'd eliminate the respec cost entirely for something like levels 55 and under. Considering I laughed at the OP as well as at the ignorance of the quoter that followed, could you imagine the disclaimer I would need to preface that statement with?
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2019-11-21 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It will change, people are still screaming #nochanges but I am guessing that will be the first thing they tackle since it has no impact in any meaningful way keeping it intact.
    Yeah, except that you and many others still don't understand that classic isn't an expansion, but a museum to showcase the original game exactly as it was.

No, it won't change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    It forces you to make meaningful changes. It adds a sense of identity to your character.
    It really doesn't, though... It's an artificial imposition of "meaningful" change until you've got the gold to do it again. It's purely a superficial obstacle.

Similarly, it's like claiming Classic WoW is hard. It's not. It's tedious. Tedium does not equal difficulty. This is not meaningful choice, it's not meaningful identity, it's forced tedium.

This is entirely considering I don't inherently have a problem with the system as it is (I wouldn't mind it being changed either).

Having your "character identity" locked behind gold is entirely and purely superficial and insignificant. A couple of lucky drops nullifies that.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The gift that keeps on giving.

Stop being a little sissie. I use 400g+ a week on respec (100g) + raid/pvp consumables and I have a full time job.

Be a man and deal with it. You're entitled to monkey shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    It really doesn't, though... It's an artificial imposition of "meaningful" change until you've got the gold to do it again. It's purely a superficial obstacle.

Similarly, it's like claiming Classic WoW is hard. It's not. It's tedious. Tedium does not equal difficulty. This is not meaningful choice, it's not meaningful identity, it's forced tedium.

This is entirely considering I don't inherently have a problem with the system as it is (I wouldn't mind it being changed either).

Having your "character identity" locked behind gold is entirely and purely superficial and insignificant. A couple of lucky drops nullifies that.
    That is your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Stop being a little sissie. I use 400g+ a week on respec (100g) + raid/pvp consumables and I have a full time job.

Be a man and deal with it. You're entitled to monkey shit.
    ok boomer...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.
    You see, it's not really part of classic WoW. You pick one role and you stick with that.
    Don't like that idea? Then you have retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I'm not 12, and my parents let me swear. So, let me be frank when I say that if you come into the MMO-C forums and complain about something in classic that was how it was originally intended for vanilla, then you literally are crying like a little bitch.

Because... no matter HOW you think it should be, based on what you enjoy or find fun, it is working as intended. And if they change it away from that, they are breaking what vanilla was. Vanilla was grindy. Gold did not flow freely. If you wanted to PVE and PVP, then you endured that your respec costs were going to be high. But it was never intended for you to just be able to flip around meta specs at whim. They wanted your decisions in Vanilla to meaningful. Hence the cost.

So, coming into the MMO-C forums and complaining about it, just makes you look like you are being a whiny little bitch. You may not be one. You may not have intended to appear that way, but you did.

And FWIW... PLENTY of people wanted Vanilla.
    I hate that I can't "like" posts on this forum. This one deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Had no meaningful impact during Vanilla and they didn't change it then either. It won't be changed.
    If you think+ won't be happening you are fooling yourself, and no retail isn't plus if that was what you were thinking on retorting with.

I read the title as "The respect cost..." and was really confused.

Play Battle for Azeroth if you don't want to pay to respec.

There are a lot of ways to make gold in classic if you put in the time and brainpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Yeah, except that you and many others still don't understand that classic isn't an expansion, but a museum to showcase the original game exactly as it was.

No, it won't change.
    i'm still expecting them to do "classic light" servers down the line, with some of the much demanded QoL things. it seems like an obvious move for when popularity starts to wane but they don't have any big followup projects ready yet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You wanted Classic with #NoChanges. You got Classic with #NoChanges. You got what you wanted. Be careful what you wish for.
    You know not everyone who wanted classic wanted it with no changes. I'd venture to guess that the ones who really wanted no changes would probably be in the minority of everyone actually playing classic. I think most people just didn't want glaring changes like total class overhauls for balancing, gearing re-itemized, raids re-tuned, etc.

They say millions of people enjoy classic with it's pros and cons. Respeccing included. This won't be changed.

I'm all for spec identity and wouldn't really want a dual spec that can be swapped back and forth, but changing from pvp/raid/farm specs within the same role is going to be really costly once BGs launch. I wish it was cheaper, but not free.

I'm sure blizzard is gonna have shadow lands, classic, classic+ (a version tailored for every single person with their own unique demands), classic lite (whatever the fuck that is), tbc, tbc+, wrath, wrath+. Dont worry guys, you're all gonna get the exact game you want lmao. And they'll be plenty of ppl to populate each amd every version and no one will bitch abt it at all hahshaha