Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you think+ won't be happening you are fooling yourself, and no retail isn't plus if that was what you were thinking on retorting with.
    Classic+ won't happen. Classic TBC servers will, most likely. TBC brought to the game what people bitching about Classic+ want, and it did it well. There would be zero reason to introduce a vanilla based release with the changes that TBC brought to make the game better, without the content.

Haha i can relate as someone not playing a mage or a hunter and one of the worst gold making class: druid. 50g hurts and you can't farm it in 1 hour (esp. during p2 as alliance). There is a reason why i still don't have epic mount and can't go all in with wpvp because of this. On the bright side, you can easily make 50g a day on AH flipping. But it takes time. Capitals are safe places though

With that said: #NoChanges

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Classic, where most of your time is spent grinding gold to be able to do things.
    BGs will drop (and not because of anything other than their planned phased approach) and people will find themselves wanting to respec more.
    What will then happen is they will have to grind out more gold.
    It was the way things were, and it will stay the way things are.
    Cheapening the cost of respec cheapens the value of gold, which would also have adverse effects on the AH and everything else in the game to which gold is applied.
    It was the #1 gold sink back in the day and it's the #1 gold sink today in Classic.

Honestly, the appropriate response here is "suck it up and deal with it".

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Spend the time trying out the new off meta spec making the 50gold, should give you a chance to flex it a bit, and doesn't *really* take that long at 60 if we're completely honest with ourselves.
    Pretty much any class can solo the first half of Uldaman @ 60 and make away with 20g per run. Spending 2 hours in there pays for a respec. Just like everywhere else, people are lazy and uninformed. Even if you are one the classes that struggles to solo content, you can buy a few consumables and still make a profit from vendor trash. Skilled people or mages can clear the whole thing.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I'd be down with dual spec added. Was never part of the #nochanges crowd. I want to be able to tank and dps and just because I can tank as dps doesn't mean I want to. I also don't want to farm gold as a warrior so yeah lower the cost bigly or add dual spec
    You can tank and dps. No cost. You're a warrior. You should learn your class so it will make your experience better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.
    if it's all terrible.... why play the game ? Just go to classic wowhead and have fun with the talent calculator if respeccing is what you think is "fun" about classic .

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I love every single one of these classic threads complaining about something in classic. They make me so happy, keep 'em coming.
    lol I 100% agree, it makes me so happy to see these threads on the main page. Best part of MMO-C at this point

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    LOL

Plays Classic, cries about Classic.

For years everyone bitched about this, myself included back in the day. It won't get fixed, it won't be changed. It will be like this for many many many years. Get used to it, stop crying about it.
    Exactly. And shit like this is exactly why that guy said "you think you want it but you don't." Because a bunch of people liked some aspect of classic, remember it through nostalgia, and forgot about all the tedious and annoying shit that came with it.

Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.
    1) Yes, it is bullshit.

2) Too bad, that's just how Classic is. No changes.

3) "Fun" and "Enjoyment" are subjective concepts.

Thank the nochanges neckbeards, they're the ones that gave us this mess.

I was already complaining about the respec cost back in Vanilla. I was so glad when they added dual spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Thank the nochanges neckbeards, they're the ones that gave us this mess.
    Yes, without the fans of vanilla wow, we would have never gotten classic. So please thank them.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait, I thought Vanilla was perfect, it was sooooo much better than retail, Vanilla is going to 'save' Warcraft. Now we have threads every single day pissing and moaning about Vanilla/Classic NOT being perfect and wanting to change this or that or something else... I'd like to feel sorry for you and others in your position, the problem is all the people that pointed out the very flaws in Vanilla were quickly eviscerated and told to GTFO.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Wait, I thought Vanilla was perfect, it was sooooo much better than retail, Vanilla is going to 'save' Warcraft. Now we have threads every single day pissing and moaning about Vanilla/Classic NOT being perfect and wanting to change this or that or something else... I'd like to feel sorry for you and others in your position, the problem is all the people that pointed out the very flaws in Vanilla were quickly eviscerated and told to GTFO.
    Theres more than 1 group of ppl. I love classic. I want no changes. I'm bored at work so I'm posting. Most ppl like me are in game playing. The ones you see on here bitching arent the same group of ppl. For every post you see here complaining, theres multiple x as many ppl logged in loving the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reeeeeeeee people aren't agreeing with me... must squeal... must insult people that dont agree... If you didn't want a conversation you probably shouldn't have decided to dump your tears here in the forum.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    LOL

Plays Classic, cries about Classic.

For years everyone bitched about this, myself included back in the day. It won't get fixed, it won't be changed. It will be like this for many many many years. Get used to it, stop crying about it.
    In fact, it might change.

Blizzard now a days might be willing to do certain changes to keep players engaged..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Theres more than 1 group of ppl. I love classic. I want no changes. I'm bored at work so I'm posting. Most ppl like me are in game playing. The ones you see on here bitching arent the same group of ppl. For every post you see here complaining, theres multiple x as many ppl logged in loving the game.
    Exactly... and those that are enjoying it are enjoying it as it is... So we should absolutely be ignoring the whiny ones here wanting to change it.

Exactly... and those that are enjoying it are enjoying it as it is... So we should absolutely be ignoring the whiny ones here wanting to change it.
    I agree. The whiners wouldnt even be happy if blizzard listened to them and made the changes they want. Theyd find something new to bitch abt lol

You mad bro? Seem kinda mad there, sitting up on that hill talking down to people.. You probably don’t even know what side of the fence this guy was on. Or if he even took part in the discussion concerning Classic. You’re just thrashing about at anyone who mentions improvements for classic, with your pride in shambles upon the realization your precious retail wasn’t good enough for everyone. You’re on the internet. The shit your spewing isn’t as important as you like to think it is. Nobody needs your sympathy here.

And by the way, Vanilla IS going to save Warcraft. You just won’t be capable of understanding how. Carry on, ignorant soul... carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    You mad bro? Seem kinda mad there, sitting up on that hill talking down to people.. You probably don’t even know what side of the fence this guy was on. Or if he even took part in the discussion concerning Classic. You’re just thrashing about at anyone who mentions improvements for classic, with your pride in shambles upon the realization your precious retail wasn’t good enough for everyone. You’re on the internet. The shit your spewing isn’t as important as you like to think it is. Nobody needs your sympathy here.

And by the way, Vanilla IS going to save Warcraft. You just won’t be capable of understanding how. Carry on, ignorant soul... carry on.
    You do realize that what you are saying can apply to you (and it does very well).