Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only sport I can watch is hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The only sport I can watch is hockey.
    Location checks out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

I’d like see an Americanized version of soccer that takes elements of American football and has a “linebacker” that patrols and is limited to the defensive zone that had the right to just knock the crap out of the ball carrier only.
    That's how you end up with broken legs and quickly ended careers, tackling in American football is nothing like tackling in association football.

Baseball, I just don't get why you wouldn't play cricket instead.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Tennis, I could never watch without getting bored in the first 10 seconds.

Unicycle Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That's how you end up with broken legs and quickly ended careers, tackling in American football is nothing like tackling in association football.

Baseball, I just don't get why you wouldn't play cricket instead.
    Baseball I’m in a weird spot with. It was the sport I was probably the best at growing up... but I’ve never liked the game

I respect the athletes who play it but I just find the sport boring and too slow

And yes, I know people would get hurt with soccer mixed with football... that’s the point. I want more action, more scoring, more physical punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Baseball or golf. Yawn.
    /agree, both of those are only interesting when an alligator is walking across the golf course or somebody charges the pitchers mound.

Basketball and Car racing. The racing is boring and monotonous. With Basketball it's like I see a guy make an really good scoring move and it's like, "Oh well, big deal, I'll see it again at least 50 more times before the game is over". It's too easy to score points and I can watch the last 5 minutes of the game and feel like I've seen the whole thing. I also hate hockey.

My favorite is Baseball because every pitch and every play can be decisive to the outcome of the game. The game can be won or lost at any time. The first inning can be the decisive one or it can take 20 innings to have a decision. It also is the fairest game with each team getting equal opportunities and no stupid running down of a time clock which is boring as hell. No clock is one of the best things about baseball. I find it riveting to watch and I can't say that about any other sport.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2020-02-22 at 07:01 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Baseball... I don't know why

10+ Year Old Account
    Soccer. Too low scoring, too many flops, not enough hard hits

I’d like see an Americanized version of soccer that takes elements of American football and has a “linebacker” that patrols and is limited to the defensive zone that had the right to just knock the crap out of the ball carrier only.

Put a little risk, excitement and real hits into soccer and end the flopping.
    Isn't that Rugby? There are already two versions - a grittier Union and dynamic League.

Don't know much about Rugby League, I like Union better. Anyway, you have 15 players who are split into 8 forwards and 7 backs. What I wanted to say though, there is a position called Fullback that usually stands way back in the middle of the pitch to cover enemy kicks and serving as last line of defense. Wingers to a lesser extent as well, but they cover sides on defense, on offense they are finishers.

Or you want them just to kick a ball and hit each other? No fucking way, way too dangerous. You would break bones quickly, I don't even want to think about broken hip bones and torn knees. I don't think there is a Soccer player who never had a knee surgery.

I think Rugby is the safest you can get in a heavy collision team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Isn't that Rugby? There are already two versions - a grittier Union and dynamic League.

Don't know much about Rugby League, I like Union better. Anyway, you have 15 players who are split into 8 forwards and 7 backs. What I wanted to say though, there is a position called Fullback that usually stands way back in the middle of the pitch to cover enemy kicks and serving as last line of defense. Wingers to a lesser extent as well, but they cover sides on defense, on offense they are finishers.

Or you want them just to kick a ball and hit each other? No fucking way, way too dangerous. You would break bones quickly, I don't even want to think about broken hip bones and torn knees. I don't think there is a Soccer player who never had a knee surgery.

I think Rugby is the safest you can get in a heavy collision team sport.
    Im imagining soccer... but in the defensive zone there is something akin to an nfl linebacker who is the only one on the field who has the right to full on tackle the dude with the ball. Only can hit those who have the ball but soccer would be hella more exciting with an enforcer

10+ Year Old Account
    Football (American) was always my least favorite in school. I liked kickball and basketball, but never joined any teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im imagining soccer... but in the defensive zone there is something akin to an nfl linebacker who is the only one on the field who has the right to full on tackle the dude with the ball. Only can hit those who have the ball but soccer would be hella more exciting with an enforcer
    Not sure how it would work, I think handling a ball leaves you very vulnerable to potential damage. I imagine it would be hard to brace for impact, I could probably see Rugby tackles working - only below shoulders.

Dunno, I hate football anyway. Even with that option I would just rather watch Rugby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golf.

Not only is it boring as shit, it also ruins the countryside by deforesting vast swathes of land that could be put to much better use both from an ecological and economical point of view.
    Speciation Is Gradual

To watch probably golf or bowling, though I never watched any. From what I've watched, tennis .. getting bored af after 5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soccer, you get rewarded for faking injuries.
    I barely consider them athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water