Poll: Are trophies a good idea?

Dungeon/Raid trophies?

Would you like to have dungeons and raids automatically reward instance-specific and difficulty-specific trophies or points that can be spent on gear instead of a chance to drop and roll for the loot?

Clarification

Raid trophies would be predetermined and rewarded specific types for it's difficulty (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) then they are able to be upgraded (10 LFR = 1 Normal, 10 Normal = 1 Heroic, 10 Heroic = 1 Mythic).

Dungeon trophies would be predetermined and rewarded specific types for it's difficulty (Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Mythic+) then they are able to be upgraded (10 Normal = 1 Heroic, 10 Heroic = 1 Mythic, 10 Mythic = 1 Mythic+).

Mythic+ trophies would be predetermined, but bonus trophies would be given for time remaining.

General idea

"Instance-specific" means you cannot use trophies from one dungeon on another dungeon's loot.

Dungeons reward normal, heroic, mythic, and mythic+ level of trophies that are instance-specific. Trophy examples: Shrine of Storms trophy (Heroic), Waycrest Manor trophy (Mythic+), Siege of Boralus trophy. Mythic+ weekly chest rewards a large number of all trophies from all dungeons depending on your highest Mythic+ dungeon completed in time. Bonus for weekly chest does get reduced the higher you go. Example: Mythic+14 could reward 40, and Mythic+15 could reward 45, but a Mythic+16 could reward 47. This could give a soft cap of trophies at Mythic+15.

Raids reward raid finder, normal, heroic, and mythic level trophies that are instance specific. Each boss has an increasing number of trophies awarded. You can spend trophies from one boss of a raid to another boss of another raid. Trophy examples: Crucible of Storms trophy (LFR), Crucible of Storms (Mythic), Eternal Palace trophy.
    Last edited by RumbleShakes; 2019-12-19 at 09:10 PM.

Absolutely not, having a pre-determined amount of runs to get your BiS gear is as bad on one end of the scale as titanforging is on the other. Hand me the traditional middle ground we had for the first 8-9~ years of WoW and I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Absolutely not, having a pre-determined amount of runs to get your BiS gear is as bad on one end of the scale as titanforging is on the other. Hand me the traditional middle ground we had for the first 8-9~ years of WoW and I'm good.
    You mean all the ninja looting in Vanilla and all the trophies from the next 4 expansions?

Maybe after the trophies they can add participation ribbons to the game as well.

There was already a system in WoW that achieved this: badges in WotLK. It was the conceptual beginning of breaking the design of Classic + TBC that led to the unlimited welfare epics of today.

Currently we have Titan Residium that fits this system. A weekly currency used to buy BIS items, for limited slots.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Maybe after the trophies they can add participation ribbons to the game as well.

There was already a system in WoW that achieved this: badges in WotLK. It was the conceptual beginning of breaking the design of Classic + TBC that led to the unlimited welfare epics of today.

Currently we have Titan Residium that fits this system. A weekly currency used to buy BIS items, for limited slots.
    Badges were introduced with the launch of BC by the way. It was Blizz's response to one of the biggest complaints people had about WoW at the time.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2019-11-21 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleShakes View Post
    You mean all the ninja looting in Vanilla and all the trophies from the next 4 expansions?
    The trophies you mention were random drops and bought you an item (either specific slot or free choice) from a specific tier set. Badges only bought you filler gear that was almost always replaced by actual raid gear. So in essence, yes. If I can have my pick I'll still go for the vanilla loot system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might not fully understand, but if it somehow means you have a pre-determined amount of runs to do to get a certain reward, I support it 100%

We need LESS RNG from everything. I rather get an item guaranteed by doing 10 kills, than have a certain % chance to get it each kill, but without any guarantees.

More rewards need to be bound to achievements, like "clear this boss X times: reward is this" type instead of items actually dropping.

RNG is ALWAYS bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I might not fully understand, but if it somehow means you have a pre-determined amount of runs to do to get a certain reward, I support it 100%

We need LESS RNG from everything. I rather get an item guaranteed by doing 10 kills, than have a certain % chance to get it each kill, but without any guarantees.

More rewards need to be bound to achievements, like "clear this boss X times: reward is this" type instead of items actually dropping.

RNG is ALWAYS bad!
    Raid trophies would be predetermined and rewarded specific types for it's difficulty (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) then they are able to be upgraded (10 LFR = 1 Normal, 10 Normal = 1 Heroic, 10 Heroic = 1 Mythic).
    Dungeon trophies would be predetermined and rewarded specific types for it's difficulty (Normal, Heroic, Mythic) then they are able to be upgraded (10 Normal = 1 Heroic, 10 Heroic = 1 Mythic).
    Mythic+ trophies would be predetermined, but bonus trophies would be given for time remaining.