Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Warchief Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    2,016

    Are you happy with the class you've chosen?

    Now that we've had some time to sink our teeth into Classic, how are you feeling regarding the class you've chosen to play?

    Encountered anything you're less than pleased with?
    Found a newfound love for a certain aspect of your class?

    I find that it's an interesting question as your experience of a class tends to differ a lot from what you think it might be, especially for those who haven't played any private servers or haven't played Vanilla at all.
    Personally I'm very fond of my warlock, it's basically what I expected with all the pros and cons that come with it. Luckily I've managed to avoid raids with the mentality of having one warlock farming 80+ soul shards to solo summon a raid.

  2. #2
    Being a warlock or druid wouldve been nice because yiud be fully t1 geared by now, not that it's that great.

    I play a hunter tho. Absolutely loving it. Can solo trib runs for ~50g an hour with zero competition. Can do pretty well in pvp as any spec. Tier gear is actually good for me. Will eventually get the leaf for my bow quest. Feeding pet, having arrows is not a big deal at all. I do more than press 1 button in raids. I actually enjoy the dead zone as it's fun to play around. Very smooth experience.

    Rolling a pally next and rdy to auto attack my way up.

  3. #3
    Starting as resto shaman, got bored of it pretty quick, and the fact that focus targets weren't a thing really cripples my raid leading while healing. So rolled hunter.. 2-3 clicks every 10 seconds is much more chill for when having to tell others what to do

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Until WPVP was released I felt pretty content with my shaman. After not so much. Being an enhance in WPvP and not wanting to spend hours upons hours farming every single useful trinket and very specific gear to increase tankiness is not fun. Getting slammed by most melees and fighting a warlock, mage or priest and being unlucky with WF is the biggest waste of time. Frankly went back to retail for thoe above reasons, cba leveling another.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeion View Post
    Until WPVP was released I felt pretty content with my shaman. After not so much. Being an enhance in WPvP and not wanting to spend hours upons hours farming every single useful trinket and very specific gear to increase tankiness is not fun. Getting slammed by most melees and fighting a warlock, mage or priest and being unlucky with WF is the biggest waste of time. Frankly went back to retail for thoe above reasons, cba leveling another.
    Have you considered respecing into Ele? Ele is a fantastic PVP spec in classic. Hunters and Warlocks are a challenge. Spriests are just impossible. But virtually every other class I stomp 95% of the time assuming we started the encounter on relatively equal footing. (Engineering is a must)

  7. #7
    I am also playing a warlock and enjoying it A LOT.

  8. #8
    Immortal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,627
    I like playing a Hunter, but I'm a bit concerned how they're going to perform in the later stages as the scaling is pretty bad. I havne't done any PvP yet, so can't really comment on that, but I'm also not looking forward to it because it's so reliant on trap and feign death. We'll see, though.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I like playing a Hunter, but I'm a bit concerned how they're going to perform in the later stages as the scaling is pretty bad. I havne't done any PvP yet, so can't really comment on that, but I'm also not looking forward to it because it's so reliant on trap and feign death. We'll see, though.
    If you macro it, I've found it to be reliable 95% of the time. A lot of hunters that complain abt fd trapping arent doing it right.

  10. #10
    playing a Druid and loving it. Mostly what I expected and remembered from Vanilla.
    Its a bit stale in PvE at times, but trying to optimize downranking and keep overheal as low as possible is a nice minigame for itself.

    In PvP however Druid is so cool, playing as Balance/Resto, Feral/Resto or any deep Resto build... many different playstyles to fit ur needs and I like it

  11. #11
    Leveled Shadow, planned on staying Shadow for the early phases but actually heal in raids. Was asked to be the token Shadow Priest for the Warlocks, so I'm sticking to it. Haven't practiced much for PvP, so want to improve there as I continue to gear up.

  12. #12
    Warchief Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Leveled Shadow, planned on staying Shadow for the early phases but actually heal in raids. Was asked to be the token Shadow Priest for the Warlocks, so I'm sticking to it. Haven't practiced much for PvP, so want to improve there as I continue to gear up.
    I think that's the first time I've come across a guild having a dedicated shadowpriest, usually you just have one of the priests go PI/SWeaving and remain a healer.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I think that's the first time I've come across a guild having a dedicated shadowpriest, usually you just have one of the priests go PI/SWeaving and remain a healer.
    In one raid we had 5 priests, three of them were shadow. We also have 1 enhance shaman and 2 ele shamans. Anyone who claims you can't have the optimal specs in raid and get a decent clear time are just delusional. We kill Ragnaros before his submerge.

  14. #14
    Immortal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,627
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If you macro it, I've found it to be reliable 95% of the time. A lot of hunters that complain abt fd trapping arent doing it right.
    I have a macro for it that seems to work fine, but haven't had a chance to fully test it in PvP yet. I meant reliant as in if you don't have them available then you're pretty much screwed.

  15. #15
    Yes i am happy with my class, regret my choice of race though. Heres to hoping race change will come at some point, but what can you do. Full bis from p1.

  16. #16
    back in vanilla, my friends who had been playing the game deceived me into making a druid. All those lies about druid can dps heal and tank they are amazing etc, king of pvp, op etc, they even told me they can unlock polearms at level 52. Boy have I been deceived so bad. I played as druid till nax and said fuck this shit no more. Rolled a warrior and since then I have been maining the same warrior. But I always wanted to have that advantage you have with stealth. Picked a rog. It is 57 now. I am having a blast. subtlety, combat mix. can easily escape, stealth, use prep and do all over again. Simply amazing. I don't regret it one bit.

  17. #17
    I think so, i've mostly always played a healer, I don't really like tanking as much, I don't like being the one that sets the pace.
    but I do like being useful and needed. ultimately warriors had it quite good in classic so I can't complain really, doing it this way at least it feels a little bit new, or something i didn't do the first time. every class has nuances that take time to learn and get used to thats the bit that sucks the most, you can only get 10 years of experience playing a class by playing that one class for that long.

  18. #18
    I choose the same class as Vanilla (Warlock) and still love it.

  19. #19
    Mage same like years ago in vanilla. And its just awesome. Spellcleave SM Cath <3. Still lvling >< maybe ill hit max lvl this year...
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-11-22 at 09:08 AM.

  20. #20
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,186
    I like paladin, kind of a bummer that T1 is so bad though.
    /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •