Horde and Alliance War Campaigns

Hello.

I recently hit 120 on my Undead DK and I've begun doing the War Campaign and everything else in order to unlock Allied Races but the most striking thing so far (I'm about to resurrect Derek) is how different and multifaceted Horde campaign is in comparison to Alliance once. The Horde one actually feels like I'm propelling the story forward, I'm a witness and participant of events that made me feel a bit uneasy and question whether this is right or wrong.
    The Alliance War Campaign very much felt like I am being guided through the story in order to keep me updated about what is happening in the world.

They both still are very much inferior to the grandiose and epic Suramar quest line but I am a bit amazed just how different Horde quests feels in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Hello.

I recently hit 120 on my Undead DK and I've begun doing the War Campaign and everything else in order to unlock Allied Races but the most striking thing so far (I'm about to resurrect Derek) is how different and multifaceted Horde campaign is in comparison to Alliance once. The Horde one actually feels like I'm propelling the story forward, I'm a witness and participant of events that made me feel a bit uneasy and question whether this is right or wrong.
    The Alliance War Campaign very much felt like I am being guided through the story in order to keep me updated about what is happening in the world.

They both still are very much inferior to the grandiose and epic Suramar quest line but I am a bit amazed just how different Horde quests feels in this expansion.
    If you don't mind your characer being the villian their own story. This is going the stick with the Horde for a while. I wouldn't have minded if they had just deleted it all.

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    If you don't mind your characer being the villian their own story. This is going the stick with the Horde for a while. I wouldn't have minded if they had just deleted it all.
    I didn't feel like a villain but a bit uncomfortable for sure. I actually prefer it that way, Alliance War Campaign was a like a self-righteous tour guide if that makes any sense - it wasn't engaging or interesting.

The Horde "War Campaign" had everything you did negated in 8.1. Literally everything you do doesn't even matter and is never talked about again. All you do is try to find some spooky misty dagger and then find Derek who should have been sea dust 20 years ago... like.. wow... such an epic "campaign". And then 8.2 campaign is the horde player fighting the horde. There isn't even a war. It's Horde and alliance versus horde.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-22 at 12:46 AM.

I do think the 8.0 part of Alliance war campaign had a quality: a diverse cast of characters that were interesting and showed sinergy in their interactions. Usually, Alliance is just humans and more humans, but there you got Shandris, Falstad, Kelsey, Umbric and Keeshan, and they worked nicely. A shame the cast was forgotten in sequel chapters.
    Whatever...

I thought the war campaign was great for the alliance. Felt like winning. The characters were great. I loved all of Kul Tiras. Ignoring the night elf stuff (which pretty much kills all alliance morale), I liked all the alliance story in bfa. I’ve been horde forever, but I’ve enjoyed playing alliance more than horde. I even used to be a hardcore sylvanas supporter. But the sylvanas stuff is just so bad in bfa. Ugh.