Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I too thought the event would be more fun than it turned out. I was ready to do the fights all over again, not knowing that it would be tidbits of each boss fight. I was looking forward towards the heigan one because I know the safety dance like the back of my hand. Ultimately it was one of those events that I wouldn't bother doing again unless they applied another mount towards it or something.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    +15% rep and exp for 2 months is the real event
    This.

/10char
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    8 hour queue? You have patience.
    Culminated, as in: 90 minutes in queue, no group, try again next day. 90 minutes in queue, bo group, try again next day etc.

The event is just to make people that weren't subbed to sub for 1 month for the deathwing mount.. I thought it was pretty obvious?

I feel like you're chatting a bit of shit when you say you were in queue for a total of 8 hours before you finally got in, even if you had to constantly leave queue for other things, what were you doing, queuing for 5 minutes at a time and cancelling repeatedly? At release it'd take like 4 minutes to get in a group as DPS, I'm doing the raids on my alt to get some gear because the 420 drops are a nice early boost, and the most i wait in queue? About 20 minutes.

I envy you guys that you have some pro dps groups, my "experience" was 7 stacks of determination on the wotlk one, because first the tank kept heigan in a way every healer / caster dps had the 300% longer cast speed aura so nobody could dps / heal for shit and melees died from the disease, and after they finally figured out what to do with heigan melees kept dropping defiles under valkyrs so a couple of wipes from that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's just a fun little event, no biggie.

I agree that the itemlvl restriction shouldn't be necessary, they should have scaled everybody to level 85 for the Cataclysm one and given the appropriate stats.
    The ilvl restriction is for them to avoid giving mounts to people who haven't played the xpac in any meaningful way I guess. I had a 120 but he was 330 ilvl. An hr in Nazjatar with the catchup gear got me right. I think I'm OK with this line of thinking.

And yeah....they got me to sub for a month so I could get the mount. And then I started leveling in AV because it's actually pretty fun. And now I'm about to grind rep for an allied race. Fuck man, they got me.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Nah. I think it's because the gear is itemlvl 400+, but they could have just scaled the gear rewards too.

I kinda liked it, it did what it set out to do, give you that "oh, I remember this" moments. They've picked the memorable parts of the fights, something that pops up in your memory right away. Well, except cho'gall, that was a bad pick for a "quicky", cause it was more of a slow burn. And Anub'arak, they should of kept TotGC out, on account of it being the low point of the expansion. Or at least used the PvP fight for the fun factor, or jaraxxus for the memes.

Even back when Blizzard was on their A game the events were horrendous, this is one thing I have a hard time finding disappointment in as the precedence just isn’t there

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    In the Nefarian fight we didnt even fight Nefarian! LOL
    I think it was just one giant trolling attempt by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I feel like you're chatting a bit of shit when you say you were in queue for a total of 8 hours before you finally got in, even if you had to constantly leave queue for other things, what were you doing, queuing for 5 minutes at a time and cancelling repeatedly? At release it'd take like 4 minutes to get in a group as DPS, I'm doing the raids on my alt to get some gear because the 420 drops are a nice early boost, and the most i wait in queue? About 20 minutes.
    Yeah we have a bit of completely difference experience here

Yeah it was a weird event. I didn't like it either. It should have had an option to go in as flex 10-30 in a guild group.
    We wiped once on Heigan and 2 times on Ragnaros, it was on the 2nd day of the event.

What I didn't understand was the point of talking to Chromie before starting. It seemed like it didn't matter and the order of the bosses was set in stone.

Huge letdown. Did it once, got the mount. unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I did. First day. It's all autohit and before you notice any mechanics or danger, it's off to the next one. If you've never done those bosses before (like me), it's a really strange and dumb event.
    Go into Haigan and try to ignore the mechanics. You won't get through it. Your post is nowhere near accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    This is the same reason that any other queueable content in the game has a minimum required item level.
    Holiday bosses prove this statement wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Report back after you've done all three in LFR pugs lol.

Hums: "Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind.
    Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance,
    Well they're... no friends of mine."
    To this day I'll never understand why people had a hard time with this. It's a simple back and forth pattern over 4 evenly shaped quadrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It was awesome doing Heigan again. I was one of the only people in my group that remembered the mechanics and was able to do the dance - second try the RL gave me a mark and told people to follow me, which allowed most of the group to live through it. They seem to have definitely lengthened the encounters since the first week of it, as well; but they're really just showcases of the best (or worst) mechanics of each fight. Archimonde's air hike, Heigan's dance, the Lich King's Defile, the lava portion of Nefarian, and pretty all of Firelands' Ragnaros. Really fun, but not quite what I expected, and a great way for gearing up alts.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Then I guess other people did those, because I sure as hell didn't notice anything, except the mandatory wipe on Rag, which was confusing. I wanted to dance at Heigan, as that's one of the few bosses I actually did do back in the day, but it was over before I knew what was going on. No idea what defile is or what was special on the ads.
    This is nonsense. You cannot down Heigan before the safety dance phase or Arthas before he drops his first defile unless everyone else in the group was pulling 70+k.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Go into Haigan and try to ignore the mechanics. You won't get through it. Your post is nowhere near accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Holiday bosses prove this statement wrong.

As someone else already said, november 7th:
    Resolved an issue where Heigan the Unclean's health was notably low.
    Which was 2 days after I did him. So yes, I did ignore mechanics, and that was apparently not normal and later fixed by upping his health. Try being informed before accusing someone of lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It was awesome doing Heigan again. I was one of the only people in my group that remembered the mechanics and was able to do the dance - second try the RL gave me a mark and told people to follow me, which allowed most of the group to live through it. They seem to have definitely lengthened the encounters since the first week of it, as well; but they're really just showcases of the best (or worst) mechanics of each fight. Archimonde's air hike, Heigan's dance, the Lich King's Defile, the lava portion of Nefarian, and pretty all of Firelands' Ragnaros. Really fun, but not quite what I expected, and a great way for gearing up alts.
    I only did it on day one but we didn’t even had to dance. Heigan just got zerged and died on his platform. I was really disappointed to not having to dance.