Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wowtoken.info/

At 5:49pm it was 182k. At 7:09 pm it was 185k. And yes now it is down to 180k. It is trending down but it was not a steady downward decline since the announcement. It was also trending upwards until 8am or so this morning. The WoWhead post was made around 3pm est. There is nothing to indicate that the announcement has changed the general trend of the token.

But a troll will only see what they want. And as I said earlier the EU token price is trending up. So it isn't even impacting an entire portion of the WoW market.
    Guess what. The EU is sleeping. It's 5:12 am in central EU.

You could also just use the AH in a city like normal people do.

Was set on getting the AH mount start of xpac, but post launch found I was only using the AH occasionally for purchasing WQ donation mats and gems/enchant mats.. quickly realised what a waste 5mil would be compared to how much I'd actually need the AH. Especially glad I didn't after how quickly I got bored of BFA. As for the future, I don't really have enough faith in bliz to make the AH useful for the non vanity collector in future expansions, I mean, if this was something taken away with no replacement in nilla to (possibly) MoP, I'd likely have been furious lol.

One thing I could suggest to bliz if they're reading: replace the Brutosaur with an Elephant AH mount, but make it a special albino colourway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.

Second, yes this is a stupid move on Blizzard's part. They know some of us save up to buy these things but now they have to use artificial scarcity yto take that away. What has been one of the chief complaints about WoW? Removing things that do not need to be removed. With the exception of the old CM Dungeons and things like the Mage Tower, if they put it in the game it needs to stay in the game.
    I'm sure there are plenty of fools in the game that would easily spend that much.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Thank god the honey boom let me make a couple of million to secure my mount.

I hate when they remove anything from the game but this seemingly has no rhyme or reason other then to boost token sales.

In all seriousness, anyone who doesn't think this is a blatant attempt to capitalize on FOMO is either woefully ignorant or selectively blind when it comes to WoW.

It's going to boost token sales and promote a flurry of activity as players try to buy/sell/farm their way to the mount.

There's no other reason to take something out of circulation when the gold barrier is already so high and creating exclusivity.

I haven't bought AH in my garrison in WOD, guess I won't buy the AH mount now.

Parking a mule / banker alt at some AH that is close to a mailbox is my welfare brutosaur. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    In all seriousness, anyone who doesn't think this is a blatant attempt to capitalize on FOMO is either woefully ignorant or selectively blind when it comes to WoW.
    Hard to disagree on that, remember when they "removed" some bunch of old helmets from the cash shop nobody really bought in the last 5 years? And packaged it as some "discounted" goodbye bundle? Same story, they just tried to resell stuff everyone forgot about long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greedy motherfuckers!

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    It's not being removed from the game, but it's being bumped to the BMAH, so it won't be impossible to get, just very, very expensive, likely to hit gold cap before it auctions off
    So you mean it'll still serve its intended purpose as a gold sink? Interesting. I like this move.

Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.
    This is a pretty naieve view. Of course it is to get more token sales. No one is going to need to need ot buy 5 million golds worth of tokens. This is aimed at getting those people who were saving for it but wouldn't have got it by the end of the expansion, using FOMO to push them to buy a couple of tokens that they wouldn't have thought of buying before.

It's a clever marketting tactic, but it's scummy as fuck and reeks of a director move and not a developer move. Dev's will want their workj accessible to everyone if they havepride in it. A director will want to squeeze money out of it in as many ways as possible, and FOMO is very incidious and unfortunately works.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You were wrong. I was right.

It also dropped another 1k since you posted that.

So it dropped 1k per hour since the announcement was made.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wowtoken.info/

At 5:49pm it was 182k. At 7:09 pm it was 185k. And yes now it is down to 180k. It is trending down but it was not a steady downward decline since the announcement. It was also trending upwards until 8am or so this morning. The WoWhead post was made around 3pm est. There is nothing to indicate that the announcement has changed the general trend of the token.
    You're going to need multiple days to know anything. WoW token in the U.S. trades in a range from around 170-190 on a fairly steady basis. I'm not saying it will or won't go down, just saying that looking at several hours of data doesn't tell you anything. Can we also acknowledge that people that have been saving for it since it was first in the game still have a year to finish it? FOMO is fine but the smart way to do it if you want the thing is to farm gold the rest of this year and most of next and then maybe buy tokens in October or November of next year to finish up.

It's just common sense instead of this weird freakout that seems like everyone is expecting the mount to be gone by the end of the month. It won't. Farm now, finish up a year from now.

That's why I think this announcement is much more about keeping people subscribed than tokens.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-22 at 05:29 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You're going to need multiple days to know anything. WoW token in the U.S. trades in a range from around 170-190 on a fairly steady basis. I'm not saying it will or won't go down, just saying that looking at several hours of data doesn't tell you anything.
    That makes sense. I have a feeling that they were hoping people would rush to buy right away based on the buzz after the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    That makes sense. I have a feeling that they were hoping people would rush to buy right away based on the buzz after the announcement.
    Yeah, I added on to my post that the mount is still in the game for another year and the actual time to be thinking about tokens is a year from now when you know just about how much you'll need to have it. The announcement pretty clearly says that it will be leaving the game when Shadowlands launches. That's not anytime soon.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

In a game where gold and real life money are interchangeable, having a mount that costs 400€ to begin with is ludicrous. The fact that there is an option to spend this amount of money for something in the game is the problem for me. If people panic buy these cause they are going away they are either people to whom money is not a problem, or people who really have a problem with money.

Bfa also was the first expansion where the amount of gold generated went down from previous one. If they plan on reducing it even more (seeing how it was good for business this time around) or keeping it the same, having a 5m mount in the game makes no sense. If they actually cared about not pissing off people they would over time reduce the cost of the mount instead of being super dodgy about it.

Are there really people that think this is a Blizzard ploy to get people to buy tokens?

"yeah, buy $600 in tokens for this mount hehehehehehehe"

You probably need to keep in mind that $540 is chump change for most working adults. So if I actually wanted the mount, I wouldn't have to think twice about getting it with tokens, I'd just do it (I don't really see the point of it though, so I won't buy it now, or in a year when it's going away). i don't think many are buying it with tokens though.

The mount has always been a gold sink (like most vendor bought mounts). It seems it'll continue to do that after the Black Market move. It's a good thing.
    Last edited by TwoMana; 2019-11-22 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That's fucked up. Now I feel like i have to spend all that gold.
    Good thing its not going away in a week then, probably have over 10 months to farm for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    This is a pretty naieve view. Of course it is to get more token sales. No one is going to need to need ot buy 5 million golds worth of tokens. This is aimed at getting those people who were saving for it but wouldn't have got it by the end of the expansion, using FOMO to push them to buy a couple of tokens that they wouldn't have thought of buying before.

It's a clever marketting tactic, but it's scummy as fuck and reeks of a director move and not a developer move. Dev's will want their workj accessible to everyone if they havepride in it. A director will want to squeeze money out of it in as many ways as possible, and FOMO is very incidious and unfortunately works.
    I mean BFA was peppered with excessive amounts of "promotions" basically smells to me like they're dropping in revenue and desperate to get money through any channel possible. Having not one but TWO six month promos with attached mounts and a second one that can't even be purchased by bnet balance, irl money sub only? And that in addition to 3 other store mounts? And a WC3 mount if you pay extra?

New RAF where you need not 2-3 months but a whopping twelve months of "friends" subs combined to get full rewards? Three different price ranges for Shadowlands expac with extra bells and whistles? Except standard pet + mount also transmog, weapon illusion and hearthstone toy? "E-sports" toys?

Tons of goldsinks, much more than previous xpacs? Except 5 mil bruto we had half a mil white direhorn, half a mil mechagon mount, these 90k gryphon / pterrordax recolours, 333k frogs and probably few others I don't remember while basically cutting player's gold income by a lot.

10 new races you have to pay for racechange for? While half of them could be just cosmetic alternatives within the parent race, as we've seen with Trolls and Dwarves during Shadowlands reveal? Really makes me wonder how did they finally decide to give us some customization within existing races, did their ploy with Allied Races fall flat?

The only reason I'm hopeful for Shadowlands is that it looks to me that they realized no marketing tricks can force people to spend money on bad expac so creating a better game experience is actually in their interest, even if it's just a platform to sell more stuff from cash shop. It looked to me they decided to go more into cosmetics and story variety than merciless "activity metrics" padding we had in BFA. I hope I won't be proven wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    You probably need to keep in mind that $540 is chump change for most working adults.
    Not sure if sarcasm...

This is a good distraction by Blizzard PR to detract all the negative attention away from Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Not sure if sarcasm...
    It wasn't. I have plenty of friends and acquaintances who have bought max level classic accounts for about same price without thinking twice. They raid MC couple of times, "for old times sake" and never log on after that. It's really not *that much* money.