Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    It's only $500 if you don't have the gold, that's only like 1/10 of an average folk's salary. Stop whining and get on with it. If you are that poor you shouldn't even be thinking about getting the mount. Stop using your "principles" as an excuse for your incompetency or laziness. If you are poor or don't wanna grind for it, don't think about it. Be realistic.

  2. #402
    Wasn't planning to buy and still won't after this change. I prefer using the AH from a guildie who has the mount or that guy in Dazar'alor/Boralus bragging about it

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's only $500 if you don't have the gold, that's only like 1/10 of an average folk's salary. Stop whining and get on with it. If you are that poor you shouldn't even be thinking about getting the mount. Stop using your "principles" as an excuse for your incompetency or laziness. If you are poor or don't wanna grind for it, don't think about it. Be realistic.
    Who dares criticize your favorite game developer! You show them lockybalboa!

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Ok, so they only put a 5 million gold mount in the game to sell to people that farmed gold in Warlords and Legion but they have always wanted to make money and this is the only exception to that money making rule...only a shill could make an argument this stupid.
    People thinking a multi billion dollar company is removing a mount in the hopes of baiting a handful of individuals into buying a total of a few thousand dollars worth of WoW tokens are delusional. They may be removing it because few people are interacting with the content (i.e. buying it in-game) and believe it has failed as a gold dump, or for some other reason, but people who believe that there was a board room meeting where Bobby Kotick sat the WoW dev team down and said, "Find a way to sell more WoW tokens... or else!" are so fucking delusional they need to check themselves in.

    I guess FFXIV must be literally satan incarnate because they remove ALL event and holiday mounts (the holidays are pretty short, too) and make them solely obtainable through the in-game shop.

    B-b-but FFXIV is the better game a-and Yoshi P c-cares about us!

    Everyone that has common sense and has had a real job in big a company is a shill!

  5. #405
    Honestly - what you need this mount for? Immediate AH access? You are really that avid AH player that you need constant, on-a-whim access to it? I can bet that those people already have that mount. The rest - either not interested at all or not really in need of one. It's simple - if you're hardcore AH player then you had that money long time ago and Brutosaur is in your stable already.

    When i saw this mount for the first time I wanted it. I have Tundra Mammooth (which would suffice since vendor for trash items on the road is very handy) but got Yak as well - mostly for t-mog so I can look fabulous while questing. Having remote AH would make me truly self-efficient. But then again - over the past 2 years I have visited AH... 3 times. After initial hype (that was cooled down by 5M price tag) I realized I don't need it.

    Two reasons:
    - I don't have such gold and won't have anything close in near and far future
    - I don't really need it. If in need of AH I can spare that 10 min and actually Heartstone to one

    Lament about Blizz's dick move, removal from vendor and putting it into BMAH - vacal minority that want a show off mount more than real neccessity.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Honestly - what you need this mount for? Immediate AH access? You are really that avid AH player that you need constant, on-a-whim access to it? I can bet that those people already have that mount. The rest - either not interested at all or not really in need of one. It's simple - if you're hardcore AH player then you had that money long time ago and Brutosaur is in your stable already.

    When i saw this mount for the first time I wanted it. I have Tundra Mammooth (which would suffice since vendor for trash items on the road is very handy) but got Yak as well - mostly for t-mog so I can look fabulous while questing. Having remote AH would make me truly self-efficient. But then again - over the past 2 years I have visited AH... 3 times. After initial hype (that was cooled down by 5M price tag) I realized I don't need it.

    Two reasons:
    - I don't have such gold and won't have anything close in near and far future
    - I don't really need it. If in need of AH I can spare that 10 min and actually Heartstone to one

    Lament about Blizz's dick move, removal from vendor and putting it into BMAH - vacal minority that want a show off mount more than real neccessity.
    It's the only brontosaur mount in game as of now. If there were 2-3 others probably noone would bat an eye.

  7. #407
    Bloodsail Admiral khazmodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    strait jacket
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    People thinking a multi billion dollar company is removing a mount in the hopes of baiting a handful of individuals into buying a total of a few thousand dollars worth of WoW tokens are delusional. They may be removing it because few people are interacting with the content (i.e. buying it in-game) and believe it has failed as a gold dump, or for some other reason, but people who believe that there was a board room meeting where Bobby Kotick sat the WoW dev team down and said, "Find a way to sell more WoW tokens... or else!" are so fucking delusional they need to check themselves in.

    I guess FFXIV must be literally satan incarnate because they remove ALL event and holiday mounts (the holidays are pretty short, too) and make them solely obtainable through the in-game shop.

    B-b-but FFXIV is the better game a-and Yoshi P c-cares about us!

    Everyone that has common sense and has had a real job in big a company is a shill!
    Seriously???? you are just copy pasting your post from one page back? you probably didn't even write this to begin with did you...can spamming the same thing on this forum over and over again be reported?...

  8. #408
    Oh dear, Blizzard just can't win anymore. Someone will always twist things to make it look like they are the devil incarnate.

    If they add mounts to the shop =

    Forums: OMG how dare they want to make money!!! It is unprecedented that companies need to make money!!!

    If they remove mounts from the shop (announcing it a bloody year beforehand) =

    Forums: OMG how dare they make this one mount that maybe 0,01% of the playerbase got till now actually rare!!!

    And as someone else has already pointed out, if this announcement boosts the token sales then it just means that people are stupid enough to buy 5 Million Gold with reallife money, hardly Blizzards fault that people are this wasteful with their money.

    There are companies that make billions of selling you cancer in neat little sticks. I suggest you direct your anger towards actually evil corporations.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Blizzard does something dumb to fuck over their players. Shocker.....
    You mean Blizzard does something and you're outraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Seriously???? you are just copy pasting your post from one page back? you probably didn't even write this to begin with did you...can spamming the same thing on this forum over and over again be reported?...
    Ellipses and a ton of question marks. Seriously high IQ stuff, my guy. Respond to the content in my post, bud.

  11. #411
    Good on Blizzard. They need to start adding in more expansion specific rewards.
    No collusion. No obstruction.

  12. #412
    The hate bandwagon is low on fuel to go rabid about something like this ? Then what ? "Blizzard release new patch, forcing players to resub to do content !!!11!!" ?

    It's hilarious and sad.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, that's ridiculous. It may be affordable but it's not chump change. You are moving in rarefied circles if someone has $550 bucks to toss into a game for a mount. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but that's a lot of money for most people.
    I guess that's certainly possible.
    But I know at least 15-20 people (real life friends and online acquaintances) who bought lvl60 max level classic characters for similar prices and logged on for two weeks only to abandon them after Ragnaros kills. It's anecdotal and naturally not the norm, but $540 bucks is still relatively cheap for a "hobby expenditure".
    In comparison a pair of racing pedals for my bike are about $450 and I wouldn't really think twice about the purchase.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    The hate bandwagon is low on fuel to go rabid about something like this ? Then what ? "Blizzard release new patch, forcing players to resub to do content !!!11!!" ?

    It's hilarious and sad.
    You know you dont have to agree with everything a company does, right? Even if you use their product.

  15. #415
    For everyone who doesnt understand the problem: blizzard is not trying to push sells on the tokens.

    For a substantial time now we have a very bad trend in inflation going on in wow.
    You ever asked yourself why everything is so fucking expensive?
    Because everyone of you idiots stockpiles the cash.

    The longboi was an attempt to remove gold from the market to make things affordable again by just playing the game.
    If you want to raid or something the costs are just too expensive to be done without explizit gold farming. And people don't want to farm gold.

    The 5 million (and all other costy mounts) was an attempt to remove gold from the pool but unfortunately nobody bought that stuff because "it'S just oo expensive (even though i am sitting on 3 million gold i am never going to use)"

    That'S why they have to create artificial scarcity: you should spend gold on the wow vendors because we need to get rid of it so that the market can regulate itself.

    Guess why we got the tokens in the first place? Nobody could afford the basic stuff so they had to give us an option to get gold without actually playing because...nobody likes farming gold

  16. #416
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's only $500 if you don't have the gold, that's only like 1/10 of an average folk's salary. Stop whining and get on with it. If you are that poor you shouldn't even be thinking about getting the mount. Stop using your "principles" as an excuse for your incompetency or laziness. If you are poor or don't wanna grind for it, don't think about it. Be realistic.
    If they release Shadowlands in a year, I think I can buy one a fortnight until then and easily be able to afford the Brutosaur.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    You know you dont have to agree with everything a company does, right? Even if you use their product.
    Because this change affect nobody. Those who wanted the mount already have it and those who don't... Why do they care ?

  18. #418
    Bloodsail Admiral Art the Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Fletcher Memorial Home
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    I guess that's certainly possible.
    But I know at least 15-20 people (real life friends and online acquaintances) who bought lvl60 max level classic characters for similar prices and logged on for two weeks only to abandon them after Ragnaros kills. It's anecdotal and naturally not the norm, but $540 bucks is still relatively cheap for a "hobby expenditure".
    In comparison a pair of racing pedals for my bike are about $450 and I wouldn't really think twice about the purchase.
    The thing is it's $540 on something you won't actually own. Just a digital item that still belongs to Blizzard. Complete and utter waste of money in my opinion. Like the saying goes "A fool and his money are easily parted"
    Last edited by Art the Clown; 2019-11-22 at 08:01 AM.

  19. #419
    Fluffy Kitten MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,433
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Guess why we got the tokens in the first place? Nobody could afford the basic stuff so they had to give us an option to get gold without actually playing because...nobody likes farming gold
    Partially true. They also wanted to put a dent in illegal gold sellers and give players a safe way to buy gold without having their accounts compromised. Not saying you're wrong but this also is true. And in fact, it seems to have worked to some extent.

    Whether anyone approves of it or not there's always been a market for buying gold. Blizzard created a secure way to do it and created opportunities for people to pay their subscriptions and other items without the need to spend cash. The token system exists in other MMO's under different names including those with subscriptions. EVE Online has had something like this for years.
    If half the folks in line at Starbucks would just go to Dairy Queen and order milkshakes, they’d be twice as happy at half the price.

  20. #420
    Looking at this thread, it's almost like blizzard did this to get the frothing brainlets to crawl out of their hiding to provide entertainment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •