Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
39
... LastLast
  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    My guess is that there will be a new AH mount for Shadowlands, likely with an even higher cost.

    I think they want the AH mount to be expensive at all times, and if they left this one up inflation would eventually make it cheap. This keeps AH mounts relatively rare, and only for people who have what is considered a lot of gold at the time of purchase.
    Or it will be an easy drop and be a big FU to those who dropped gold or money on it. It would be glorious.

  2. #562
    Wait for them to release a new AH mount for 5.1m gold in the future.

  3. #563
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Ok, so they only put a 5 million gold mount in the game to sell to people that farmed gold in Warlords and Legion but they have always wanted to make money and this is the only exception to that money making rule...only a shill could make an argument this stupid.
    Gold sinks exist to remove gold from the economy. Yes that can be done by shifting gold to a person that will use it with Tokens. But the mount was not primarily added to the game to force people to buy tokens. Legion and Warlords was easy money for anyone who put in the little effort. Those that put in work, along with the almost passive gains, earned a ton.

    That is not at odds with a company existing to make money. Nor did I ever make an argument that gold sink mounts is an exception to that rule. Why invent an argument just to insult? Instead of you know just objectively looking at things.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-11-22 at 06:49 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They gave some lore flavour to the explanation. They knew there would be haters like you but they still did it. Yet you posted your wrong opinion on a fan website. Who's the fucking coward again?
    Posted it there too, gotta love your inner heroics on a fan website to berate an opinion.

    Try again, love. Surely I will see the error of my ways.

  5. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hahaha. I think I might defend blizzard too much but I also think I would have laughed. Tbh, I bet the developers think that but they don't make decisions. People are super wrong when it comes to decisions that blizzard make. Devs make no decisions. I know. I am actually a Dev myself.

    Devs are basically the janitors in an it company. Others point, Devs do. Of course pay is good and we aren't actual janitors but most Devs are on bottom rungs. Why do you think the term code monkey exists?

    Point of order.
    Today I found a bug that takes the UTC time and adds the am\pm to it. Problem is that it takes am on from computer time. That can lead to 12 hour descrepencies. Obvious bug that I can fix for free. Client s having a meeting about it and it will prob not be fixed because it's too close to release.
    But. Still funny. But the Devs still care and whatsisface is right.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why the fuck not. I assume he is an Infuentil figure in multibillion dollar company and he's had to defend it in some way. Did he do a good job? Not I your opinion. Has the shares gine up or not. Has there been a scandle and the prices remained steady. If so then give him his toilet seat
    ok, Bobby...

  6. #566
    Lol at people trying to buy this mount with tokens.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

  7. #567
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...9-0-1/370236/8

    Those bastards are getting greedier by the second.
    Your post makes zero sense, at least in as much as I understand things.

    Is the mount now purchasable now by anyone for 5mm gold? Meaning that it is already something that people will spend money on via selling tokens in order to get 5mm to be able to buy it? And if that is the case, then they can currently sell an unlimited amount of these at a huge price to players. By contrast, once it moves to the BMAH, it'll be much more rare and will only be available once in a while. So even if it sells for 10x or 20x the current price, it is much fewer sales and likely much less demand for tokens overall. Add to that, most people who have an interest in it will by it now ... meaning that once it hits the BMAH, it'll have limited appeal relative to today.

    Feel free to correct me if my understanding of how it is bought today is wrong. If my understand is correct however, then your logic is completely reversed.

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Your post makes zero sense, at least in as much as I understand things.

    Is the mount now purchasable now by anyone for 5mm gold? Meaning that it is already something that people will spend money on via selling tokens in order to get 5mm to be able to buy it? And if that is the case, then they can currently sell an unlimited amount of these at a huge price to players. By contrast, once it moves to the BMAH, it'll be much more rare and will only be available once in a while. So even if it sells for 10x or 20x the current price, it is much fewer sales and likely much less demand for tokens overall. Add to that, most people who have an interest in it will by it now ... meaning that once it hits the BMAH, it'll have limited appeal relative to today.

    Feel free to correct me if my understanding of how it is bought today is wrong. If my understand is correct however, then your logic is completely reversed.
    Look up Fomo marketing. That's what's driving this.

  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Look up Fomo marketing. That's what's driving this.
    Dude, read the rest of the thread. I already posted math that the number of people who would actually buy this, based on previous trends in F2P games, is maybe a MAXIMUM of about 4 per month. Your theories don't hold water.

  10. #570
    Oh look. Another reason Shadowlands is going to be absolute garbage.

  11. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Look up Fomo marketing. That's what's driving this.
    Hey, if not for this thread full of fear mongering I wouldn't have noticed it. So OP is clearly payed by Blizz to bring this to my attention and to increase my urge to get as many tokens as possible because the mount will be gone. Right?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

  12. #572
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Unda da bridge, mon
    Posts
    1,238
    THIS JUST IN: A for-profit company in a capitalistic environment is attempting to make more money.
    More at 11.

  13. #573
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Look up Fomo marketing. That's what's driving this.
    Fear of missing out. That could be a motivator for some. But there has yet to be a large rush for tokens. Blizzard has removed mounts in the past with expansions before. It may be a dumb thing but there is no marketing going on here. They gave 9-12 months notice that it is going to go away. That may be what is driving the critics but there it is certainly not what is driving Blizzard.

    If a person is willing to drop $20-$500 just because they are afraid they are missing out then that isn't exactly an issue that Blizzard should be responsible for. At some point gamers must accept their own actions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #574
    Fluffy Kitten MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Look up Fomo marketing. That's what's driving this.
    Announcement says the mount is in the game for at least another 11-12 months. That's some bad example of FOMO. Granted, if the announcement had said that everyone had 30 days left to purchase it then you might have a point. But t it doesn't so I don't think your point really stands.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-22 at 07:29 PM.
    If half the folks in line at Starbucks would just go to Dairy Queen and order milkshakes, they’d be twice as happy at half the price.

  15. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Lol at people trying to buy this mount with tokens.
    I know a bunch of people who have bought the mount and people who buy tokens to get gold... and those groups of people don't overlap. With how easy it is to get 5mil gold in-game without buying tokens, the mount is likely to be bought by players who play the AH or just accumulate gold over time. People who buy tokens for gold? Honestly, they're usually gold-poor people who don't want to play the game, like the person who complains they don't have enough money for repairs in BfA even though a couple WQs would generate more than enough gold for repairs. The amount of cash you'd have to drop to get the gold for the mount via tokens would even make most lavish spender think twice... which is why it's a helluva lot more likely that people will buy gold from not-so-reputable sources instead of WoW tokens if they're going to buy a mount.

    Will there be people who drop cash for tokens to get this mount? I imagine there's a market for that, but people here are overestimating how large that market really is (there's only one person I know who dropped cash for tokens for the mount, and he did it extremely early in the xpac). However, the reality is that the people who would fall into this market would've already bought the mount this way, as the mount was already a prestige item. Announcing the discontinuation of the mount wouldn't affect this market at all, and is more of a head's up for those going the slow and steady route to buying the mount.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    It wasn't. I have plenty of friends and acquaintances who have bought max level classic accounts for about same price without thinking twice. They raid MC couple of times, "for old times sake" and never log on after that. It's really not *that much* money.
    500$ is more than a minimal monthly wage in half of the eastern european countries, and probably half of a median monthly wage. Wish I lived in your "first world" where 500$ is "chump change" as you described...

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's only $500 if you don't have the gold, that's only like 1/10 of an average folk's salary.
    Lolwhat, show me a country where "average folk's salary" is 5000$ per month after taxes. And if that was the case, why would people work themselves to death in 2-3 jobs if they have more than plenty of money already?

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Announcement says the mount is in the game for at least another 11-12 months. That's some bad example of FOMO. Granted, if the announcement had said that everyone had 30 days left to purchase it then you might have a point. But t it doesn't so I don't think your point really stands.
    You are wrong.
    Fomo applies here because of the exorbitant sum of 5 million gold required to buy it, which will be a heavy grind ,even for 12 months, for those who want it but dont sit at tons of gold atm.


    Glad I am no longer addicted to wow and its cosmetic collection to give a shit, lol.

  18. #578
    bfa had a deflation if I'm not mistaken and it made gold harder to get, more valuable, more rewarding, and the token price lower

    is there anyone who think it's a bad thing?

  19. #579
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    500$ is more than a minimal monthly wage in half of the eastern european countries, and probably half of a median monthly wage. Wish I lived in your "first world" where 500$ is "chump change" as you described...

    Lolwhat, show me a country where "average folk's salary" is 5000$ per month after taxes. And if that was the case, why would people work themselves to death in 2-3 jobs if they have more than plenty of money already?
    Median household income in the US is $5,200 / month.

  20. #580
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    With how easy it is to get 5mil gold in-game without buying tokens, the mount is likely to be bought by players who play the AH or just accumulate gold over time.
    It's not "easy", your average casual doesn't run around with 5mil gold, people who feel it's "easy" are people who actively play to accumulate gold through farming, boosting or flipping on the AH, each of those requires specific skills, knowledge, effort and decent amount of time sank.

    It's basically like saying killing the mythic endboss in a raid is easy - yes, after all the preparation, time, having a proper team, etc.

    Now accumulating gold over time is easy - just spend less than you earn. However it's a slow process and in conflict with the time limited nature of this mount. I know people who couldn't afford the transmog yak until WOD or Legion because that's when accumulating gold was easy for casuals (who usually level a lot of alts anyway).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    Median household income in the US is $5,200 / month.
    Household means per person or per family that lives in 1 house which can have multiple people working?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •