Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    IMO this isn't targeted at token sales, but at subscription retention. Basic FOMO will drive people to stay subscribed, farm gold for longer then they might have normally once they run out of other stuff to do in 8.3.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2019-11-21 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's still in the game, though.
    No it's not, it's other version that is in the game. This Zulian is not.

According to some posts you

1. Have to buy this mount otherwise you can't play the game
    2. Have to use tokens instead of efficient gold farming/making

Why do these people expect to be taken serious?

The idea that this will sell a ton of tokens doesn't really make sense. Token demand is far larger for converting into Blizz balance for pre-purchasing other games etc. The niche of people buying $500 worth of tokens for a mount, or a significant portion of that cost, seems low. Anyone close enough to buy a few tokens to push them over $5m can just "earn" the gold in game being that close.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    wow.
    I was going to take my time getting this one, but now I guess I have to shell out all my gold on a realm for one. You don't want to have to buy on the BMAH trust me,
    it will go for max every time - or 9 million gold...
    That's the problem, on a vendor you know it will remain 5mil, on BMAH you never know...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    or remove something when they move to another xpac. things dont have to be available forever. and no, i dont have one. i wouldnt spend the gold on it if i had it. someone in raid always has one, or i can go to an ah. jesus.
    There is no legitimate reason to take this out timed exclusivity is a cancer in wow and expanding it to things that have a practical use instead of just cosmetics is even worse.

Will be less expensive on BMAH than on live. The people with 5m already have it, the others will not care/dont go at more than 3m golds.

A little sad they throw it away, but wouldnt have been able to afford it anyways, and will never buy tokens for that or anything else =) I dont think they will up the gold rewards on shadowland ever, just as said before, they want to create a fake rarity spree to boost the tokens...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post

You're wrong,
    1. some of them don't play the game already - others just are simply saying they don't like this, not that they won't play the game because of it, but that makes them unmotivated to see blizzard being so greedy.
    2. Tokens help them, even if they have around 4mil and close to 5mil they will buy it with help of tokens, because on BMAH the price will go higher for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post

What are you talking about? of course this will cause a mass influx of people spending $416.96 USD on a mount.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Will be less expensive on BMAH than on live. The people with 5m already have it, the others will not care/dont go at more than 3m golds.

A little sad they throw it away, but wouldnt have been able to afford it anyways, and will never buy tokens for that or anything else =) I dont think they will up the gold rewards on shadowland ever, just as said before, they want to create a fake rarity spree to boost the tokens...
    You are -obviously - talking out of your ass. Of course it's gonna be capped. I mean every other mount gets basically capped the minute they show up there. Not necessarily in SL, but from the next expansion for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No, they don't. Gold will now be the most valuable source, so the only people who you will gain gold from are the npcs. but beside of them the gold-prices will plummet, since a lot of people will now buy this mount, and put everythign they have on the bank on the auction house, either now or in 8.3, when the deposit-costs are gone.
    You can easily do 100k in an hour or so, it's really not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's already been stated that it will remain available on the BMAH.

- - - Updated - - -

Specificially, they confirmed that it won't become unobtainable.
    It being on the BMAH effectively makes it unobtainable other than to the biggest of whales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    What are you talking about? of course this will cause a mass influx of people spending $416.96 USD on a mount.

/s
    People still buy TCG mounts despite them costing hundreds of USD up to 1300 USD in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No, they don't. Gold will now be the most valuable source, so the only people who you will gain gold from are the npcs
    What are you even talking about? Not everybody even cares about this mount. It's not like everyone will now save up to buy this thing. I could probably afford this, I could roughly make about 500k per month on one of my servers, 1 million gold on both of them together, so I could technically buy this thing within the timeframe, and I'd even like having it, but I probably won't buy it cause I'd rather buy other stuff with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, but when you're farming something like Unborn Val'kyr, a portable AH is way more useful than a transmog.
    No because in that case you just learn it then cage it.

I've created an online petition on Change.org to keep the mount available.

Please show your support : http://chng.it/RpJYrhN478

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you feel the need to buy tokens for that that's on you.
    Yeh, sure but Blizzard is clearly trying to exploit people that are susceptible to this sort of exploitation..

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    No because in that case you just learn it then cage it.
    You say that like Unborn Val'kyr just spawn every 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There is no legitimate reason to take this out timed exclusivity is a cancer in wow and expanding it to things that have a practical use instead of just cosmetics is even worse.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It being on the BMAH effectively makes it unobtainable other than to the biggest of whales.

- - - Updated - - -

People still buy TCG mounts despite them costing hundreds of USD up to 1300 USD in some cases.
    Not just that, you need to wait for it to pop up on BMAH + you need to compete with people that god knows where they took gold cap from and win in the last minute your bid.

On a vendor you collect the gold, you buy it and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    What are you even talking about? Not everybody even cares about this mount. It's not like everyone will now save up to buy this thing. I could probably afford this, I could roughly make about 500k per month on one of my servers, 1 million gold on both of them together, so I could technically buy this thing within the timeframe, and I'd even like having it, but I probably won't buy it cause I'd rather buy other stuff with it.
    Let's be realistic too, if you like to play the game, you don't mind just go to AH on cities and all.

Having a mount with AH, should just not be a thing from the start, at least for me. I would like to have a brutosaur mount without it being a AH so expensive, the brutosaur is cute asf.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They literally confirmed it in the link I provided.
    Oh ok. But it also says we'll still be able to buy it on the BMAH.