Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Manslplain it? I don't even know what these sayings mean!

Get off ma lawn!
    Ok, well I'm sure you can find a suitable Facebook group to vent this in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Thats the point with every vanity item in WoW.

You DONT NEED them but it gives a very high value for the things that are no longer obtainable.

Old mounts, challenge mode gear or this expansion exclusive mount are things you dont NEED and still gives them more value for people who want them anyways.
    Oh, I've got my Bloodfanged Widow, but that more because I've always wanted a Spider mount since I rode a Battle tank while clearing trash to the Spark of Imagination, back when Ulduar was current. The moment they announced a Spider mount, and finalized the Price for it, is the day I started "farming gold" and stopped once I had the mount needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Like MageTower half year later or CM MoP/WoD with end of expansion 18+ sockets in gear and cheesing every boss fight?

Did you ever see what the fastest CM runers did to get those times? They exploited the shit out of the content and just imagine what people would do years later.
    So WHAT? I did 36 mage towers when they were relatively hard, wouldn't mind if new players got them for a fraction of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Ok, well I'm sure you can find a suitable Facebook group to vent this in.
    I've never used Facebook. That's for you Liberal Millennials.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    So WHAT? I did 36 mage towers when they were relatively hard, wouldn't mind if new players got them for a fraction of effort.
    I imagine if Blizzard finds a baseline level/experience to scale players down to, it would be harder than it was at the end of Legion, too, and forever stay that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    gonna actually have to buy tokens and buy it before its removed. :/ blizzard you are dumb dumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    My guess is that there will be a new AH mount for Shadowlands, likely with an even higher cost.

I think they want the AH mount to be expensive at all times, and if they left this one up inflation would eventually make it cheap. This keeps AH mounts relatively rare, and only for people who have what is considered a lot of gold at the time of purchase.
    Or it will be an easy drop and be a big FU to those who dropped gold or money on it. It would be glorious.

Wait for them to release a new AH mount for 5.1m gold in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Ok, so they only put a 5 million gold mount in the game to sell to people that farmed gold in Warlords and Legion but they have always wanted to make money and this is the only exception to that money making rule...only a shill could make an argument this stupid.
    Gold sinks exist to remove gold from the economy. Yes that can be done by shifting gold to a person that will use it with Tokens. But the mount was not primarily added to the game to force people to buy tokens. Legion and Warlords was easy money for anyone who put in the little effort. Those that put in work, along with the almost passive gains, earned a ton.

That is not at odds with a company existing to make money. Nor did I ever make an argument that gold sink mounts is an exception to that rule. Why invent an argument just to insult? Instead of you know just objectively looking at things.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-11-22 at 06:49 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They gave some lore flavour to the explanation. They knew there would be haters like you but they still did it. Yet you posted your wrong opinion on a fan website. Who's the fucking coward again?
    Posted it there too, gotta love your inner heroics on a fan website to berate an opinion.

Try again, love. Surely I will see the error of my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hahaha. I think I might defend blizzard too much but I also think I would have laughed. Tbh, I bet the developers think that but they don't make decisions. People are super wrong when it comes to decisions that blizzard make. Devs make no decisions. I know. I am actually a Dev myself.

Devs are basically the janitors in an it company. Others point, Devs do. Of course pay is good and we aren't actual janitors but most Devs are on bottom rungs. Why do you think the term code monkey exists?

Point of order.
    Today I found a bug that takes the UTC time and adds the am\pm to it. Problem is that it takes am on from computer time. That can lead to 12 hour descrepencies. Obvious bug that I can fix for free. Client s having a meeting about it and it will prob not be fixed because it's too close to release.
    But. Still funny. But the Devs still care and whatsisface is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fuck not. I assume he is an Infuentil figure in multibillion dollar company and he's had to defend it in some way. Did he do a good job? Not I your opinion. Has the shares gine up or not. Has there been a scandle and the prices remained steady. If so then give him his toilet seat
    ok, Bobby...

Lol at people trying to buy this mount with tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Your post makes zero sense, at least in as much as I understand things.

Is the mount now purchasable now by anyone for 5mm gold? Meaning that it is already something that people will spend money on via selling tokens in order to get 5mm to be able to buy it? And if that is the case, then they can currently sell an unlimited amount of these at a huge price to players. By contrast, once it moves to the BMAH, it'll be much more rare and will only be available once in a while. So even if it sells for 10x or 20x the current price, it is much fewer sales and likely much less demand for tokens overall. Add to that, most people who have an interest in it will by it now ... meaning that once it hits the BMAH, it'll have limited appeal relative to today.

Feel free to correct me if my understanding of how it is bought today is wrong. If my understand is correct however, then your logic is completely reversed.
    Look up Fomo marketing. That's what's driving this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Dude, read the rest of the thread. I already posted math that the number of people who would actually buy this, based on previous trends in F2P games, is maybe a MAXIMUM of about 4 per month. Your theories don't hold water.

Oh look. Another reason Shadowlands is going to be absolute garbage.

Hey, if not for this thread full of fear mongering I wouldn't have noticed it. So OP is clearly payed by Blizz to bring this to my attention and to increase my urge to get as many tokens as possible because the mount will be gone. Right?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    THIS JUST IN: A for-profit company in a capitalistic environment is attempting to make more money.
    More at 11.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fear of missing out. That could be a motivator for some. But there has yet to be a large rush for tokens. Blizzard has removed mounts in the past with expansions before. It may be a dumb thing but there is no marketing going on here. They gave 9-12 months notice that it is going to go away. That may be what is driving the critics but there it is certainly not what is driving Blizzard.

If a person is willing to drop $20-$500 just because they are afraid they are missing out then that isn't exactly an issue that Blizzard should be responsible for. At some point gamers must accept their own actions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Announcement says the mount is in the game for at least another 11-12 months. That's some bad example of FOMO. Granted, if the announcement had said that everyone had 30 days left to purchase it then you might have a point. But t it doesn't so I don't think your point really stands.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-22 at 07:29 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Lol at people trying to buy this mount with tokens.
    I know a bunch of people who have bought the mount and people who buy tokens to get gold... and those groups of people don't overlap. With how easy it is to get 5mil gold in-game without buying tokens, the mount is likely to be bought by players who play the AH or just accumulate gold over time. People who buy tokens for gold? Honestly, they're usually gold-poor people who don't want to play the game, like the person who complains they don't have enough money for repairs in BfA even though a couple WQs would generate more than enough gold for repairs. The amount of cash you'd have to drop to get the gold for the mount via tokens would even make most lavish spender think twice... which is why it's a helluva lot more likely that people will buy gold from not-so-reputable sources instead of WoW tokens if they're going to buy a mount.

Will there be people who drop cash for tokens to get this mount? I imagine there's a market for that, but people here are overestimating how large that market really is (there's only one person I know who dropped cash for tokens for the mount, and he did it extremely early in the xpac). However, the reality is that the people who would fall into this market would've already bought the mount this way, as the mount was already a prestige item. Announcing the discontinuation of the mount wouldn't affect this market at all, and is more of a head's up for those going the slow and steady route to buying the mount.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville