Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    that disc priest buff can't be real
    What? Every part of what happened to disc priests was a nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Like all dinosaurs, the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur pet and the Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.

“We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.“

WOW how fucked up and they make a joke out of it as well. This is bullshit why would you remove the mount that everyone wants? They didn’t remove the tmog mount so why remove this one. Ive never even had close to a million gold yet either I was hoping they would lower the price or add more ways to get gold but they wont now cuz of wow tokens. It has ruined the economy. I do have a feeling after hearing this backlash they’ll back track but as of now shame on you Blizz SHAME!

10+ Year Old Account
    A person would have to make over 15k gold a day every day to get enough to barely buy it in time. Anyone who's not already halfway there is screwed.

Prices on ore/herbs are super low now. The only way I see this possible would be running every raid on like 5 or 6 characters a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    People complaining about having to buy tokens and here I sit happily waiting for when it gets posted on the BMAH so I can get it for cheaper than vendor price.
    Also not sure why people feel such a need to have this mount. It has an AH attachment, but other than that you can get a Traveler’s Mammoth for like 10k or a Grand Yak for 500k that has repair and vendor.
    That said, I’m not defending Blizzard as I don’t really care about their choice, just pointing out the obvious and wondering why everyone immediately jumps on the “big bad Blizz must sell tokens and be bad guys. Rawr!”
    I would not bet on being able to buy it cheaper from BMAH tho. It will have an initial price which will likely be really high...and it will be the only way to get it for future whales. I expect that it will sell for more than 5 millions for the next few years.

The question is why they do it. I guess we gonna get a new AH/Rep(as those 2 matter most)-mount next expansion for a similar price. So they first need to make the old one more or less unavailable.

Don't worry, in sure the mount will be repurposed as a store mount.

Why not make it so the original 5M mount remains a mobile AH for players who bought it before 9.0, and keep the mount exact model available for purchase without the mobile AH on it at a much reduced price (say 1M or 2M) so the people who only really care for the brutosaur and not the actual AH can get it without the added bonus of a mobile AH? That way the majority would be satisfied I think?

lol retail keeps getting better and better! What better way than to make a mount everyone wants limited? They're targeting the small percentage of players that literally buy everything off the store to buy those WoW tokens for this mount.

"Like all dinosaurs, the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered."

I suppose Isle of Giants mounts and Zandalari rep mounts are also being taken off? You know what, let's just make Isle of Giants and half of Zuldazar empty, since, you know, all dinosaurs' days are numbered, they should all just go extinct.

In cases like this, no explaination is better than this joke.

Also, "buy more tokenz plz", they are already in an emergency mode expecting content drought between 8.3 and 9.0.

FAQ U BLIZZARD and your manipulative shitty tactics to exploit more money by creating artificial scarcity! Go back and eat your Chinese overlords feces.

Backlash on the choice to take out Brutosaur was massive enough to make several wow MVPS crack on forums. That's how bad the decision was. The most ardent of WoW Decision defenders are even against it.

When this mount was announced I started to collect the gold in legion with 12 alts and missions table by time bfa got out I had plenty of gold over the 5 milion gold. If you realy wanted it you already have it. Legion you had plent of time to earn easy gold trough mission table or even WoD had plenty of opportunity to make you self swim in gold with the tables.

Crying now its gonna go is lame. You had plenty of time to gather gold if you realy want it.

I know people gonna be angry on this comment but its the truth.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Adding artificial exclusivity into the mix here proves it's never been a gold sink as much as it's been a way to profit and please the whale customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Az0na View Post
    When this mount was announced I started to collect the gold in legion with 12 alts and missions table by time bfa got out I had plenty of gold over the 5 milion gold. If you realy wanted it you already have it. Legion you had plent of time to earn easy gold trough mission table or even WoD had plenty of opportunity to make you self swim in gold with the tables.

Crying now its gonna go is lame. You had plenty of time to gather gold if you realy want it.

I know people gonna be angry on this comment but its the truth.
    Or they could just leave it as is instead of be lame about it like yourself.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Adding artificial exclusivity into the mix here proves it's never been a gold sink as much as it's been a way to profit and please the whale customers.
    Oh yeah, for sure. By design it was intended to "fix" their approach to gold in Legion. They felt too many people made too much gold and most of BfA was designed to do the opposite.

Making it limited to BfA makes sense and is a cause for some optimism. Perhaps Shadowlands won't be as much a "gold sink" as BfA was designed to be. It is simply less fun to have less gold in the game and I hope that they bounce this game back to more fun.

As for it being limited? Shrug. Those who were going to buy this will have bought it by the time it's over. For me? I already got an AH in my WoD Garrison (as can anyone else for prob less than 100k off the AH), why would I waste over 3 years of sub time - especially since I (like most people?) run a toon to sit at the AH in the first place? It was always priced far too high. There are likely way more people who *could* have bought it, but didn't, than people think.
    Last edited by Fixi; 2019-12-02 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Or they could just leave it as is instead of be lame about it like yourself.
    Except the reverse arguments is that it drives people with the gold who have been on the fence about buying it more incentive to sink the gold before it’s gone, as well as give them the ability to make another gold sink mount in the next xpac.
    As others have said, unless you’re brand new to the game with BfA, if you wanted the mount then you had/have ample opportunity to get it before it’s gone.
    I get it though, you’d rather complain about something going away you probably never wanted and/or would choose to get instead of trying to apply yourself to getting it while available.
    Oh, and before I forget, no I don’t have the mount because (a) I’m not a big fan of the appearance, (b) I already have the yak that has xmog and vendor NPCs on it, and (c) the AH easy access isn’t a big draw as they are in every cap city and easy to get to as is.