Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Allied Race Death Knights Require Shadowlands Purchase

Not sure if this has been stated anywhere yet but to make an Allied Race DK on the PTR currently it says that the purchase of Shadowlands is required. (Which I did purchase already but I guess it doesn't count for the PTR) I guess this kind of makes sense since it's kind of an expansion feature. I'm guessing that they're not going to be available in 8.3 but at a later date. Maybe 8.3.5 or even the prepatch like DH before Legion.

Edit: Well I just saw a post on Wowhead literally seconds after I posted this that says this info lmao

Edit 2: Also side note, are they going to add any undead textures like the original races have? Like the 3 undeadish faces and 3 different skin tones and hair colors.
    Last edited by rhunes; 2019-11-22 at 02:23 AM.

this has been known since pre-orders for shadowlands went up

and yes, they're specifically available with the 8.3 update

im really hoping they had a couple hair colors and skin options we dont currently have. black hair for void elves please

It's actually kinda lame this is a pre-purchase feature. Legion had Demon Hunters for pre-purchasers, BFA had Allied Races. This is just the DK option for more races, which is an already existing class. I guess we get to see the new DK starting zone, which is neat. Hope it will be worth it.

Well when you go to purchase it there's a little paragraph that tells you pre-orders get in BFA everyone in shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty stupid tbh. Are they that desperate for a preorder that they have to do something like this? DKs came out in 2008 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    It's actually kinda lame this is a pre-purchase feature. Legion had Demon Hunters for pre-purchasers, BFA had Allied Races. This is just the DK option for more races, which is an already existing class. I guess we get to see the new DK starting zone, which is neat. Hope it will be worth it.
    It's like the allied races' intro zones: a small space, some NPCs talk, you are sent to your capital. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by rhunes View Post
    Edit 2: Also side note, are they going to add any undead textures like the original races have? Like the 3 undeadish faces and 3 different skin tones and hair colors.
    Not sure. There was one article during Blizzcon (in think in Blizzard Watch) in which they said allied races would get "some new skins" for DKs. I've not found any confirmation anywhere else, and so far there's nothing new in PTR.
    Whatever...

Same with Allied Races and BfA preorder. Nothing wrong with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Pretty stupid tbh. Are they that desperate for a preorder that they have to do something like this? DKs came out in 2008 lol.
    But *Highmountain Cowknights* weren't.

They did the same with Demon Hunters but... that was an entirely new class so it was worth it.

"Pre-purchase to get your rotting-but-still-fluffy Pandaren DK and experience a new starting zone that's slightly different and less depressing than the last time you played the DK starting zone!"

Uhhh wot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dialout View Post
    But *Highmountain Cowknights* weren't.

They did the same with Demon Hunters but... that was an entirely new class so it was worth it.

"Pre-purchase to get your rotting-but-still-fluffy Pandaren DK and experience a new starting zone that's slightly different and less depressing than the last time you played the DK starting zone!"

Uhhh wot?

I dunno, there's no arguing it's not as huge as new races or a brand new class, but I'm happy with it. They didn't even start offering big things like this until Legion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rhunes View Post
    Not sure if this has been stated anywhere yet but to make an Allied Race DK on the PTR currently it says that the purchase of Shadowlands is required. (Which I did purchase already but I guess it doesn't count for the PTR) I guess this kind of makes sense since it's kind of an expansion feature. I'm guessing that they're not going to be available in 8.3 but at a later date. Maybe 8.3.5 or even the prepatch like DH before Legion.

Edit: Well I just saw a post on Wowhead literally seconds after I posted this that says this info lmao

Of course it does require Shadowlands, it's the expansion feature. And all PTR accounts are flagged for BfA no matter what they have on their retail accounts. Still you are wrong about your geuss. It literaly states on the preorder website that you get access to allied races death knights as soon as 8.3 hits if you preorder. They just won't be playable on PTR becasue there's not much to test. Starting zone will be just top of the icecrown with one quest telling you to go to Stormwind or Orgrimmar. Everything else in terms on mechanics will works just like on other classes for those races and just like other death knights. Hopefully they will get those 3 obligatory skin colors and hair colors. It's not a lot of work. And if they are lazy they can take gnome, orc, draenei, tauren, night elf, blood elf death knight skins and just slightly modify them to fit those races. That's more than half done realy easly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Do they start at 58? Because that would make levelling for the Heritage Armor a bit faster
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I paid for DKs when I bought WotLK back in 2008. Not going to pay them again. If they pull this off we're going to court.

It will be Blizzard's last mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's like the allied races' intro zones: a small space, some NPCs talk, you are sent to your capital. The end.
    Is that actually the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    It makes sense.

Lorewise - Bolvar "raises new allies" at the beginning of Shadowlands, hence allied races become dks only then.

MMO-champion once again finds what to complain about
    And yet people will be able to create them with 8.3 and not have to wait til Shadowlands.

Is that actually the case?
    They said so during Blizzcon. It'll be like the allied race starting zones.

And yet people will be able to create them with 8.3 and not have to wait til Shadowlands.
    Lorewise, the new DK starting zone happens a little before Sylvanas visits Bolvar. Bolvar is sensing the unrest in the Shadowlands and decides to raise new champions.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Do they start at 58? Because that would make levelling for the Heritage Armor a bit faster

This is the million dollar question, I want to know too. If they do, I'll probably level my Zandalari DK straight away. If not, i'll probably wait for the revamped leveling.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    It makes sense.

Lorewise - Bolvar "raises new allies" at the beginning of Shadowlands, hence allied races become dks only then.

MMO-champion once again finds what to complain about
    How was I complaining about anything? I was stating something. Big difference there.

Im just curious if Blizzard wrote themself in a corner again with DKs.
    If we by any chance ally with ogres after Shadowlands launch, or some kind lf new race; wont that mean we wont see them being able to be DKs? Since it all happened BEFORE Shadowlands?

Wish we just had a more generic story for raising new ones so we wont see a lockdown on new races

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    I paid for DKs when I bought WotLK back in 2008. Not going to pay them again. If they pull this off we're going to court.

You paid for DKs of the then available races when you bought WotLK. Good luck going to court over not getting stuff you weren't promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post

Yeah man, take them to the cleaners!

Camelboy, the hero we deserve.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Its almost guaranteed that any newly created DK (allied races) will be starting at lvl20 from 8.3 onwards.