Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Im just curious if Blizzard wrote themself in a corner again with DKs.
    If we by any chance ally with ogres after Shadowlands launch, or some kind lf new race; wont that mean we wont see them being able to be DKs? Since it all happened BEFORE Shadowlands?

Wish we just had a more generic story for raising new ones so we wont see a lockdown on new races
    Agreed. Seems like it would be easy to do as well. Have a generic DK called the Deathlord or perhaps one of the Four Horsemen raise us up, then do whatever DK stuff.

DH IMO should have something similar. Have a generic DH or perhaps someone like Altruis give characters a way to become DHs, using perhaps something like the story of the DHs within the novel Illidan. Would be really interesting to see IMO.

Setting it on characters that are heavily involved in the storyline like Arthas, Illidan, or Bolvar (seemingly for Shadowlands) only leads to issues where making that class is near impossible on new races once that character goes through whatever story moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah man, take them to the cleaners!

Camelboy, the hero we deserve.
    just curious, you use sarcasm or really support his idea so blizz can (after dissmissing his case in 5seconds) sue him for slander?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Do they start at 58? Because that would make levelling for the Heritage Armor a bit faster
    They start at 20 iirc, after Shadowlands comes out they will start at 10 along with demon hunters and level to 60 like the rest of the classes.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    They start at 20 iirc, after Shadowlands comes out they will start at 10 along with demon hunters and level to 60 like the rest of the classes.
    I was thinking that too, but I knew there would be a lot of backlash because they don't start properly at 58 like all other DKs do. I probably will make more alts when Shadowlands comes out (or in the Beta if they let me in) but when 8.3 hits I'll make just one to start with
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    It's actually kinda lame this is a pre-purchase feature. Legion had Demon Hunters for pre-purchasers, BFA had Allied Races. This is just the DK option for more races, which is an already existing class. I guess we get to see the new DK starting zone, which is neat. Hope it will be worth it.
    or if you dont want to preorder, you can wait until shadowlands goes live and get them for free. you are paying to get things sooner. like you have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    I paid for DKs when I bought WotLK back in 2008. Not going to pay them again. If they pull this off we're going to court.

It will be Blizzard's last mistake.
    I will pay the pre-purchase for the 10.0 expansion right now to see you trying to sue Blizzard for this

1) Yes it does require it, just as Legion was required for early access DH and BFA for early acces Allied Races. Keyword being "early access"

2) Something people seem to always get wrong, not just young Camelboy, who wants to publicly embarass himself in court. You are paying for the EXPANSION. You are not paying anything extra for the early access to Allied Races DKs, they are a regular feature included in the expansion. They are not charging anything extra for the option, hence you have no legal claim whatsoever to it.
    The only thing the pre-purchase does is reserving your copy of Shadowlands and thus signaling Blizzard that you are trusting them enough to give them money to play it in about 1 year time. As a reward for your trust Blizzard allows you "early access" to one of the expansions features.
    They are not in any way obligated to do that in the first place, but they do it because they actually care about their fanbase. You just have to watch Ion announcing this feature and how he enjoys fullfilling a big wish the community had ever since the start of BFA(with the audience going crazy when he says it). This is actually fanservice.

But of course there is also a lot of money to be made there, race changes will again be sold to those that want them, just as it was at the start of BFA. So basically both sides win. The players get their AR DKs, Blizzard gets what is basically a credit loan from the pre-purchase and they get profits from the race changes. I can see nothing wrong here.

Personally I pre-ordered while Ion was still announcing the AR DKs and I see no reason to regret this. I know I would have bought Shadowlands anyhow, so why not get me a cheery on top by paying now instead of in a year?

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with them being added in 8.3 for those who pre purchased. It's another Alt to level up while waiting for 8.3.5 and eventually Shadowlands
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

People seem to be more upset at the lack of anything worth paying for. If you don't play a DK or aren't interested in them then thats one less thing to be excited about. Atleast the other features had more appeal, DH being fresh and allied races having class options.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I heard on BlizzardWatch podcast that DH and DK will start at level 1 after Shadowlands. But they didn't source it. And I might be misremembering anyway.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by khabal View Post
    This is the million dollar question, I want to know too. If they do, I'll probably level my Zandalari DK straight away. If not, i'll probably wait for the revamped leveling.
    They have their own starting experience unique to the Allied races.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Same with Allied Races and BfA preorder. Nothing wrong with it
    Allied Races were a BfA feature though. DKs are a Wotlk feature. No point in locking this behind Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Allied Races were a BfA feature though. DKs are a Wotlk feature. No point in locking this behind Shadowlands.
    And Allied Race DKs are a Shadowlands feature. The WotLK feature was DKs for the then-extant races.

Why was this moved to Shadowlands - General Discussions? It's about an 8.3 feature.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's just that I'm not interested in DKs, while DHs and AR were totally new features. I guess I can level a Mechagnome DK for the lulz if I buy the pre-purchase edition after all. The hearthstone toy is neat tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Its almost guaranteed that any newly created DK (allied races) will be starting at lvl20 from 8.3 onwards.
    But their talents are locked to 50-something, and they won't have any spells..
    They'll probably start at 55 like the normal ones

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Same with Allied Races and BfA preorder. Nothing wrong with it
    It's really not the same at all. Entirely new races vs new options.

Would be like the pre-order bonus being new hairstyles. Pre-order bonuses in general should be made illegal. Trying to entice people to buy your potentially shit game months before it's out by giving them low-effort incentives is a shit business practice and encourages them to phone it in.

Quote Originally Posted by rhunes View Post
    Why was this moved to Shadowlands - General Discussions? It's about an 8.3 feature.
    No, it's a Shadowlands feature, with pre-orders being granted early access. It's exactly where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I think the reasoning behind why they are being brought in at this specific time is quite clear in-game. It's just an incentive to pre-order, which many people already playing the game and thinking of playing SL will most likely do anyway.

You can either pre-order and get early access to the race/class combination or wait till SL launches for the same thing. At the end of the day, you're not getting any advantage, like you can already be a Night Elf DK and be broken in M+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It's really not the same at all. Entirely new races vs new options.

Would be like the pre-order bonus being new hairstyles. Pre-order bonuses in general should be made illegal. Trying to entice people to buy your potentially shit game months before it's out by giving them low-effort incentives is a shit business practice and encourages them to phone it in.
    Disagree, those were still just different race/class combination. None of which were new models - you got a reskinned Draenei, a reskinned Tauren, a reskinned Blood Elf, and reskinned, modified Night Elf model.

You know that pre-ordering is entirely voluntary, right? No one is forcing you to pre-order. You get a shitty sperm mount, a decent transmog, a cool weapon enchant, and early access to a new race/class combination that aren't any better than the current combinations. You'd still prefer a Night Elf for M+, a Blood Elf for raiding and an Orc for PvP. Outside of that is just cosmetic. I should know, I play a forsaken DK

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    I heard on BlizzardWatch podcast that DH and DK will start at level 1 after Shadowlands. But they didn't source it. And I might be misremembering anyway.
    As far as I remember it: DH and DK base races will start at one, but Allied races and therefore Allied Race DKs start at 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Pretty stupid tbh. Are they that desperate for a preorder that they have to do something like this? DKs came out in 2008 lol.
    Not like this is anything new...been doing pre-order stuff for a while "shrugs"