Carapace of N'zoth and N'zoth the Corrupter to drop 10 ilvl higher loot

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296663/...el-higher-loot

Excellent change. With the changes to M+ loot and scaling, corrupted weapons, cloak upgrades from end boss and visions, 8.3 is making some excellent changes to loot acquisition and making raids matter

No caster weapons for druid, priest, shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    No caster weapons for druid, priest, shaman.
    I only see two weapons at all. An int sword and a agi dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I only see two weapons at all. An int sword and a agi dagger.
    1H STR Mace, Gun and 2H STR Sword

1H STR Mace, Gun and 2H STR Sword
    There's a busted caster trinket off last encounter

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" - Non-Mythic raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    There's a busted caster trinket off last encounter
    Yeah can't wait to have every caster in the raid have weakauras yelling when they want people to stack on them and when to get away from them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally think it's good design to have varying iLvLs present within a single raid, more notably on the last boss.

Yeah can't wait to have every caster in the raid have weakauras yelling when they want people to stack on them and when to get away from them.
    Well yeah, this trinket existed before they decided to bump up the ilvl for nothing other than giving players a reason to want to clear raids more often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Personally think it's good design to have varying iLvLs present within a single raid, more notably on the last boss.
    It's great design, plus the cloak upgrades from Nzoth. 8.3 is shaping up really nicely

Wasn't it like that in Legion and the last few raids too?

Or just some raids?

8.3 is making some excellent changes to loot acquisition and making raids matter
    Honestly, raids should never only ever be the way to get high ilvl items. There should always be multiple ways to earn high level items. Especially since such a small percentage of the player base raids. This means their main target audience is those who don't raid so there isn't any reason why they can't offer high level items outside raids. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post

Or just some raids?
    Yeah, it's been this way for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honestly, raids should never only ever be the way to get high ilvl items. There should always be multiple ways to earn high level items. Especially since such a small percentage of the player base raids. This means their main target audience is those who don't raid so there isn't any reason why they can't offer high level items outside raids. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to Torghast.
    There are plenty of sources of high ilvl items, but the highest rewards should be exclusive to the most difficult content. It's 10 ilvls from the hardest encounter in the game. I think that's reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post

Or just some raids?
    Last raid with higher rewards from last boss was Antorus

There are plenty of sources of high ilvl items, but the highest rewards should be exclusive to the most difficult content. It's 10 ilvls from the hardest encounter in the game. I think that's reasonable.
    No and that's part of the problem. Raids should be "the most difficult content" in the game. There needs to be multiple forms and multiple ways to achieve the same goal. For some servers (people who can't get 20 for their mythic raids) / factions (Alliance) just forming a Mythic Raid is the most difficult part of the game due to sheer lack of numbers. Locking high item levels behind gates like this have always been dumb. If they want to offer high item levels like this behind raids, fine, but they should be offering multiple other avenues as well. Again, doing this for something that is a small part of the community has always been dumb in my opinion. The sooner we get off the mentality of "Raids should be only source of high items" the better and they can hopefully start designing content that is more focused around a bigger chunk of the community.

While there always should be a way to progress outside of raids and high m+ you still need to incentivise mythic raiding and high m+ enough especially because they are not that easy to access and complete.

I also would love to know how the mythic raid participation would look like if you wouldn't need to do stuff like gold farming for the tons of consumables and ap/whatever the current system-grind at the rate it has been in legion and bfa.

I raided and completed all raids on mythic with a bunch of friends in WoD but no one of us could do it in legion and bfa even though pretty much nothing changed in our lifestyles and it's not like the difficulty upped that much.

Really sucks if you're up for the challenge but don't have the time for all the outside stuff, i would bet im not the only one that only raids hc because of that. :s
    Last edited by Caprias; 2019-11-22 at 06:57 AM.

Unsurprising following the removal of Titanforging. I assume there will also be a skip to the end of the raid to make farming higher ilvl gear easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" - Non-Mythic raiders
    WAAAAAA 10 levels extra for two last bosses is for every difficulty.

If anyone that doesn't raid mythic cries about not getting 485 loot, then I'll laugh at them with you. Good changes though, for everyone that raids!

No and that's part of the problem. Raids should be "the most difficult content" in the game. There needs to be multiple forms and multiple ways to achieve the same goal. For some servers (people who can't get 20 for their mythic raids) / factions (Alliance) just forming a Mythic Raid is the most difficult part of the game due to sheer lack of numbers. Locking high item levels behind gates like this have always been dumb. If they want to offer high item levels like this behind raids, fine, but they should be offering multiple other avenues as well. Again, doing this for something that is a small part of the community has always been dumb in my opinion. The sooner we get off the mentality of "Raids should be only source of high items" the better and they can hopefully start designing content that is more focused around a bigger chunk of the community.
    Why should the highest and best loot be available from lower tiers of content? If you're not doing the most difficult level of content why do you need the higher loot? You literally have 4 raid difficulties to choose from with rewards that are in line with the level of that content.

For example, if the best loot was available from Queen Azshara but also available from easier content, it would devalue the loot that dropped from her.

Why should the highest and best loot be available from lower tiers of content? If you're not doing the most difficult level of content why do you need the higher loot? You literally have 4 raid difficulties to choose from with rewards that are in line with the level of that content.

For example, if the best loot was available from Queen Azshara but also available from easier content, it would devalue the loot that dropped from her.
    Nah, Lucetia is half-right half-wrong.

Raids should always have the best loot, 100% the game is a raiding simulator, some people simply forget that, especially weapons.

But some irrelevant item slots should always exist and scale to max level with other means.

Like right now the game has a major problem with alts and essences, i dont know a single person that actually tried to farm all the essences on their alts also, they unsubbed and waiting for 8.3 way before that.

I would prefer it if they would slow down all sorts of acquisition to like +200% of what is required now, making them account wide, but at the same time putting some actual reward behind exalted, thats the only half decent things of the past, that there were some not-so-hopelessly shit rewards at the end of reputation farming.

If X reputation needs 2 weeks of grinding every single thing, make it require 5 weeks and account wide, in the same sense, people that wont farm every daily spawn, every chest and everything, will take 2-3 months to reach the same, put an actual reward there, like crafting recipes that will give a Mythic quality item (never a weapon or a trinket), BoP craft, and will require a bit more extra stuff, like "This item can be bought from X reputation vendor for 5000 +500 ores + 100 rare ores +X number here M+5-10? crafting currency" or something silly like that, tons of ways to implement it.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-11-22 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Nah, Lucetia is half-right half-wrong.

Raids should always have the best loot, 100% the game is a raiding simulator, some people simply forget that, especially weapons.

But some irrelevant item slots should always exist and scale to max level with other means.

Like right now the game has a major problem with alts and essences, i dont know a single person that actually tried to farm all the essences on their alts also, they unsubbed and waiting for 8.3 way before that.

I would prefer it if they would slow down all sorts of acquisition to like +200% of what is required now, making them account wide, but at the same time putting some actual reward behind exalted, thats the only half decent things of the past, that there were some not-so-hopelessly shit rewards at the end of reputation farming.

If X reputation needs 2 weeks of grinding every single thing, make it require 5 weeks and account wide, in the same sense, people that wont farm every daily spawn, every chest and everything, will take 2-3 months to reach the same, put an actual reward there, like crafting recipes that will give a Mythic quality item (never a weapon or a trinket), BoP craft, and will require a bit more extra stuff, like "This item can be bought from X reputation vendor for 5000 +500 ores + 100 rare ores +X number here M+5-10? crafting currency" or something silly like that, tons of ways to implement it.
    I would 100% put the essences on account wide, I'm doing it atm on a second alt and its painful and unnecessary

And I agree that shit like bracers, rings and maybe even azerite should be available more accessibly if possible, weapons and trinket, which really is how it is now, it will just be improved upon next patch