Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Looks like shit

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that at least 50% or energy generation is through nuclear and hydro electric power stations, right?
    Since you are ass-pulling those numbers might as well make it 90%

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Looks like shit

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that at least 50% or energy generation is through nuclear and hydro electric power stations, right?
    I am curious as to where you get those numbers from? What I can find shows 81% of total energy consumption in the U.S. is fossil fuels. That includes the current gasoline vehicles though. I have also found the number of 63.6% which appears to just be looking at electricity generated by major sources (ignores automotive, private generators, etc).

As far as worldwide, World Bank has fossil fuels as being 79.6% and Wikipedia has it showing at 80% (data is nearly 10 years old though).

It's like something out of Blade Runner.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Looks like a knockoff Warthog.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    I am curious as to where you get those numbers from? What I can find shows 81% of total energy consumption in the U.S. is fossil fuels. That includes the current gasoline vehicles though. I have also found the number of 63.6% which appears to just be looking at electricity generated by major sources (ignores automotive, private generators, etc).

As far as worldwide, World Bank has fossil fuels as being 79.6% and Wikipedia has it showing at 80% (data is nearly 10 years old though).
    America =/= the rest of the world when it comes to who uses certain types of energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the thing I like is that it's bullet proof nothing can crack this thing.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Not really a fan of the design. Doesn't help that I've never been a fan of SUVs pretending to be pickup trucks with tiny beds, though.
    But it's only a matter of time before electrics offer everything that a gas-powered vehicle could.
    Its basically just a matter of batteries at this point. The range is at least on the high end good enough if you can quick charge them in a reasonable amount of time and if the infrastructure for recharging is common enough they can easily replace ICE engines.

The more that are made the faster the price will drop also they are working on some new solid battery tech that uses sodium glass instead of lithium which if you can get it up to car level usage solves most of the lithium battery problems AND should drive costs down a ton as sodium is readily available in quantity.

Electric makes a TON of sense for trucks. Electric motors torque capacity is crazy compared to what an ICE can put out. So if you want a monster towing vehicle an electric would be almost ideal for that as long as the battery could handle the charge requirements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Mining, refining and processing materials essential for batteries takes a toll on environment heavier than a regular car does in its lifetime. Charging those takes same amount of fossil fuels burned on power plant and on top of that some extra comversion/transportation expenses. Batteried tesla cars are nothing but a rolling hypocrisy of outsourcing city smog to somewhere else. Whoever wants to be environment-friendly with his car should stick to hydrogen fueled cars or bicyles
    Some of the new battery tech that is probably the next big leap forward if it scales up to consumer level as expected is some of the new solid state sodium glass batteries. The amount of rare earths they would require would be tiny as sodium is easily acquired from a number of pretty benign sources. As for recharging if the new battery tech pans out it makes solar power a lot more viable as it would make for cheaper and easier bulk storage of excess power generated during the day to send out when the sun down for the day. I still think we are probably a decade from full viability but the tech needed to go full electric vehicles is coming along pretty fast now.

Looks cool to me, I want to live in the Tron world lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The website reads like a sales add to French terrorists.

Starting with a nearly impenetrable exoskeleton, every component is designed for superior strength and endurance, from Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skin to Tesla armor glass.
    Imagine this angular sports tank in Nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol I thought it was a prank when I first saw it. Now I think it's kind of badass.

I thought that electric vehicles and batteries wouldn't scale up very well for heavier loads. But for all I know on this topic the batteries could get more efficient as they get bigger.

Thats one ugly car, but i guess its a step up from the blandness of tesla's other cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Looks like a knockoff Warthog.
    I'm really glad I'm not the only one that sees it. Could be a good base for an all electric Warthog conversion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    And you say this because: _______________
    Because if it doesn't run on Manly Russian Oil and can't double as a smokescreen generator, it just isn't Manly.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well the thing I like is that it's bullet proof nothing can crack this thing.

Did they actually say bullet proof? or did you read armored and assume bullet proof?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The specs seem solid, but that design is heinous.

The Wagon Queen Family Truckster looks better than that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Did they actually say bullet proof? or did you read armored and assume bullet proof?
    at 0:25 in the video, he's talking about how the metal of the doors is bulletproof (at least vs. a 9mm).
    Last edited by Masark; 2019-11-22 at 07:20 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know man. It looks like something out of a 1960's scifi.

They should have added more polish and flare. It looks ugly as fuck and lazy.

Overall it's pretty sweet and shaking things up. It could use some decal or something to make it look less plain.

That was a ugly truck, it look like a DeLorean who have a really bad day...