Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why haven't Tinkers been released yet?

We're over 15 years into the game and there is still no Tinker class in the game for the foreseeable future. This is despite bringing Tinkers like Mekkatorque to the forefront of the story, introducing technology based Allied Races like Mechagnomes, and technology based zones like Mechagon.

Why do you think the Tinker class hasn't been released yet? If it hasn't happened by now, despite all of the above, will it ever happen? It feels like the Tinker ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Why do you think the Tinker class hasn't been released yet? If it hasn't happened by now, despite all of the above, will it ever happen? It feels like the Tinker ship has sailed.
    Prime bait thread, as if we were to expect anything else from MMOC forums.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We're over 15 years into the game and there is still no Tinker class in the game for the foreseeable future. This is despite bringing Tinkers like Mekkatorque to the forefront of the story, introducing technology based Allied Races like Mechagnomes, and technology based zones like Mechagon.

well Blizz said that the reason a new class wasn't added to Shadowlands was because nothing fit the expansion. which kinda makes sense; Monks fit MoP, DK's fit Wrath, DH's fit Legion. Tinkers definitely do not fit Shadowlands. We will have to wait for the right expansion I guess

Hang in there buddy, surely someday it will happen.

Because not all of us even like them. (I know i don't).

Mechagnomes is why the mechagnomes content is there, not tinker.

It's a class that would be just for gnomes, and for that "restriction" we already have dhs, don't need one more.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    because they are a trash concept class that is already covered by Hunters and Engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well Blizz said that the reason a new class wasn't added to Shadowlands was because nothing fit the expansion. which kinda makes sense; Monks fit MoP, DK's fit Wrath, DH's fit Legion. Tinkers definitely do not fit Shadowlands. We will have to wait for the right expansion I guess
    Well, crazy scuffed idea, but what if they added a new class still in the end of BfA?
    They are "breaking the cycle" anyway. And at the end of Legion we got 2 new allied races.

With BfA we had 8 allied races now. Maybe why not even a class? A class in a transition between BfA-Shadowlands?

Maybe they can have something like that on their sleeves. We still have some quite content to play til shadowlands come tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Because not all of us even like them. (I know i don't).

Mechagnomes is why the mechagnomes content is there, not tinker.

It's a class that would be just for gnomes, and for that "restriction" we already have dhs, don't need one more.
    Gnome, mecha, goblin, vulpera. But yeah, restricted.

Real answer: Too much engineering profession crossing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Well, crazy scuffed idea, but what if they added a new class still in the end of BfA?
    They are "breaking the cycle" anyway. And at the end of Legion we got 2 new allied races.

With BfA we had 8 allied races now. Maybe why not even a class? A class in a transition between BfA-Shadowlands?

Maybe they can have something like that on their sleeves. We still have some quite content to play til shadowlands come tbh.
    that is entirely possible, i am sure they can have something off the books that they are testing but haven't added to the PTR so nothing can be datamined. that being said, as it stands now we have exactly the same amount of classes as we do races/allied races so maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post

Dwarves could have tinkers too, but they can't. Ironforge, you look around, it screams tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

that is entirely possible, i am sure they can have something off the books that they are testing but haven't added to the PTR so nothing can be datamined. that being said, as it stands now we have exactly the same amount of classes as we do races/allied races so maybe not?
    Ye maybe not, would be possible, but maybe won't happen, as i truly think they are still trying to fix things on current classes as they announced and even making everyone be dks.

Why haven't Necromancers been released yet? It would have actually made sense in Shadowlands.

Almost every race has a race specific, non-playable class or 2. Draenei have Artificers and Soulbinders. Blood elves have Spellbreakers and Spellblades. Trolls have Shadow Hunters and Witch Doctors. Forsaken have Dark Rangers. Night elves have Priestesses of Elune and now Night Warriors. And yes, gnomes have Tinkers.

When those races get content the non-playable classes also get content. We had draenei Artificers being a big part in both WoD and Legion(they built the Vindicaar after all). We had Shadow Hunters with the troll content in BfA. We had Dark Rangers with the Forsaken content in BfA. And we had Tinkers with the gnome content in BfA as well.

Basically every race has these non-playable classes and they show up when those races have story content based on them. That does not mean they are going to be made playable, it just means that's an important part of that race's culture and society.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Almost every race has a race specific, non-playable class or 2. Draenei have Artificers and Soulbinders. Blood elves have Spellbreakers and Spellblades. Trolls have Shadow Hunters and Witch Doctors. Forsaken have Dark Rangers. Night elves have Priestesses of Elune and now Night Warriors. And yes, gnomes have Tinkers.

When those races get content the non-playable classes also get content. We had draenei Artificers being a big part in both WoD and Legion(they built the Vindicaar after all). We had Shadow Hunters with the troll content in BfA. We had Dark Rangers with the Forsaken content in BfA. And we had Tinkers with the gnome content in BfA as well.

Basically every race has these non-playable classes and they show up when those races have story content based on them. That does not mean they are going to be made playable, it just means that's an important part of that race's culture and society.
    The original tinker was a goblin in WC3, for the record. It's not a one off class for gnomes.

Better question. Why haven't they given us Bards? Damn you Blizzard, give us the spoony bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post

What Vulpera has to do with Tinker class?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    because they are a trash concept class that is already covered by Hunters and Engineers.
    I guess so, especially with mechanical hunter pets going around. Hunters would be considered Tinkers of their mech pets.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    We cannot play ogres after 15 years either.

I am sure it was delayed. Basically when everyone started complaining "fix the existing classes first" they delayed it for next expansion to do the unprunning first.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be said about any class. Paladin is trash concept already covered by warriors and priests.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Could be said about any class. Paladin is trash concept already covered by warriors and priests.
    >Comparing 2 classes to a Class and profession

lol ok.

well Blizz said that the reason a new class wasn't added to Shadowlands was because nothing fit the expansion.
    That's honestly just a cop-out. If they wanted it to happen, they would've made it happen. The real reason is they didn't want to dedicate time and resources to developing a new class this time around. That's it.

No it isn't, don't be ridiculous.

I guess so, especially with mechanical hunter pets going around. Hunters would be considered Tinkers of their mech pets.
    I mean, Warlocks summon demons. They could also be considered Demon Hunters of their demon pets (since they have to track and defeat them in order to be able to summon them later). Yet we still have real Demon Hunters.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-11-23 at 12:46 PM.