Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    New skip options plus a couple new hair colors should absolutely be the minimum for allied race DKs come January 14th. If they don't do that, well... I'll just continue to be disappointed and jaded with the dev team.
    FR though...I'm probably going to become more jaded if there aren't any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I was actually hoping for that too. I was super bummed when I didn't see any.

I'll reserve judgment until release, but there's not even a blank space or anything on PTR so I wouldn't hold my breath. If nothing else though, I hope we get some alternate hair colors for DKs, like black/blue/silver/green etc. That was always one of my favorite features about them.
    I really liked the the dull grays.

3+ Year Old Account
    There's still a few week until 8.3 is out on the 14th, so they could still update the PTR with them. But seriously, not having new skins for them would just be dumb
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I could see them waiting on Pandaren specifically to update all of their visuals at the same time.

Since they just introduced Allied Races, it would make sense to have their DK options released ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Durgo View Post
    Let me elaborate, thought I was clear, I mean the sickly green, pale grey, or ash colored skins that DKs get specifically. We know there are "skins" for DK models but those aren't the same as the skin colors. There are, so far, -no- dead flesh coloration for Allied Race DKs. You can also look up the thread and see that was answered a few post ago...
    Yeah, I mean, I realize after the fact that these skins were not especially death knight themed, but the fact that allied races were getting new skins for death knights does imply, at least, that they are getting special skins for death knights.

I would be frankly pretty surprised if they went to the trouble of giving them new skins... and they weren't death knight themed. Like, what would the point even be?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I realize after the fact that these skins were not especially death knight themed, but the fact that allied races were getting new skins for death knights does imply, at least, that they are getting special skins for death knights.

I would be frankly pretty surprised if they went to the trouble of giving them new skins... and they weren't death knight themed. Like, what would the point even be?
    No idea but we got time. Gimmie dat pale big boi dk

WELP!!!! We're a week from patch day and still no dead guy skins. This ain't looking too good folks.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of worried that Allied race DKs won't be available on the 14th and they'll delay it somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I'm kind of worried that Allied race DKs won't be available on the 14th and they'll delay it somehow
    I think they just won't add specific skins. They will just give them blue eyes and call it a day

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you can make them on the PTR, every allied race. They will drop on the 14th.

And yeah the lack of 'actually dead' skins kinda sucks. The frigid white skin color is my favorite to use with DKs and none of the allied races have it.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-08 at 03:03 PM.

WELP!!!! We're a week from patch day and still no dead guy skins. This ain't looking too good folks.
    Pity. I hoped for some cool variations of glowing tattoos.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except you can make them on the PTR, every allied race. They will drop on the 14th.

And yeah the lack of 'actually dead' skins kinda sucks. The frigid white skin color is my favorite to use with DKs and none of the allied races have it.
    Same here man. I especially like the sickly green if I want to RP an unholy DK. That being said, I guess one could argue these corpses are fresh so they won't decay like the originals. Feels like a cop out though.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Dude, imagine a lightforged with like...a decaying symbol over their head instead of a holy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic but ... Allied races (and other races) DK are created after the attack of Sylvanas in ICC ?
    If yes, will wee see Torghast above ICC in 8.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Off topic but ... Allied races (and other races) DK are created after the attack of Sylvanas in ICC ?
    If yes, will wee see Torghast above ICC in 8.3 ?
    Nah, before

Same here man. I especially like the sickly green if I want to RP an unholy DK. That being said, I guess one could argue these corpses are fresh so they won't decay like the originals. Feels like a cop out though.
    It’s sheer laziness.
    But I mean, look at the Nightborne models. They’ve always invested the least possible effort into most allied races (excluding Kul Tirans and Zandalari).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    It’s sheer laziness.
    This is one of those instances where I agree that it feels lazy. The DKs should have the same breadth of options as the originals, instead they're basically just the allied races with blue eyes and pitchbent voices.

Yeah the 3 skin colors per allied race would be some work, but Blizz knows what they're signing up for when they commit to this stuff.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I'd like it if Zandalari got bone tattoos like Bwonsamdi has. It probably won't happen though

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    It’s sheer laziness.
    But I mean, look at the Nightborne models. They’ve always invested the least possible effort into most allied races (excluding Kul Tirans and Zandalari).
    Always be prepared for the worst with the current Blizzard

They'll prolly make a statement after the patch hits and put them in 9.0

Dude, imagine a lightforged with like...a decaying symbol over their head instead of a holy one.
    Exactly. A frostmourne rune for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like it if Zandalari got bone tattoos like Bwonsamdi has. It probably won't happen though
    And some visible bones.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    That being said, I guess one could argue these corpses are fresh so they won't decay like the originals. Feels like a cop out though.
    That's... a fairly solid argument. I hadn't considered that.

Even still, the options would be nice for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Always be prepared for the worst with the current Blizzard

They'll prolly make a statement after the patch hits and put them in 9.0
    If they announced the 'dead' skins are coming later, that would be fine. 'In a future patch' beats 'never'.