Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

why shaman dps spell are so terrible mana wise?

This is insane, I'm going oom after x1 stormstrike + x1 chain lightning, this is terrible.... I think that the only spells that are cost efficient mana wise are the healing spells, am I wrong? why is it so terrible? how am I supposed to play the class if I'm going oom like this?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This is insane, I'm going oom after x1 stormstrike + x1 chain lightning, this is terrible.... I think that the only spells that are cost efficient mana wise are the healing spells, am I wrong? why is it so terrible? how am I supposed to play the class if I'm going oom like this?
    I have begun using gear with Agi & int & spirit. helps alot! always use Mana spring totem!

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    how am I supposed to play the class if I'm going oom like this?
    you don't lul, in raids you're just a totem/nightfall lad

If you're using storm strike and chain lightning in the same combat you're doing something wrong already.

Are you an enhancement or an elemental shaman? Stick with the combat style you're specced for and don't cast spells that don't work in your current build.

welcome to classic

also, this is a "learn to play your class" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    welcome to classic

Because if he learn to play his class he can magically deal more damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    welcome to classic

This has nothin todo with l2p issue when a mage can spam frostbolts but a shaman goes oom in 2-3 casts. Classic is unbalanced as fuck, easy as that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

it's because you also have those healing spells.. and totems and other shit

what else can a mage do besides spamming frostbolt and do damage on a boss? give you some more mana with AI?

Quote Originally Posted by DargorDraconis View Post
    Because if he learn to play his class he can magically deal more damage?
    Um... yes?

If you don't know what you're doing and are running OOM every fight then you are going to do way less damage than someone that knows how to not go oom and continue doing damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    This has nothin todo with l2p issue when a mage can spam frostbolts but a shaman goes oom in 2-3 casts. Classic is unbalanced as fuck, easy as that.
    It's L2P in that Shamans shouldn't be using Stormstrike and Chain Lightning in the same combat - they're components of two different spec rotations.

Also, all hybrids have terrible mana costs because they're intended to be healers at 60 in PvE. Simple as that.
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ele/Enh confusion is valid but it isn't causing the problem. You're going to run out of mana quickly even if you're casting the right spells or being very selective with what you cast. It's just how shaman are in classic.

Get used to carrying water and drinking between most fights. Yes, saving your mana for the "right" spells helps, but it's going to be a problem regardless, and it will all the way to the cap and beyond.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The Ele/Enh confusion is valid but it isn't causing the problem. You're going to run out of mana quickly even if you're casting the right spells or being very selective with what you cast. It's just how shaman are in classic.

Get used to carrying water and drinking between most fights. Yes, saving your mana for the "right" spells helps, but it's going to be a problem regardless, and it will all the way to the cap and beyond.
    You also need to downrank as an Ele Shaman in raids if that's what you're doing. You want to run oom at the end of combat including consumes, so you downrank as needed to achieve that.

It's messy and shitty and certainly not ideal but it is what it is. Spriests do it too.
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Shaman is an extremely mana thirsty class.

Same goes for Resto, you need an insane amount of Mp5 / Int to be not oom 1 minute into a fight.

Learn to manage your mana better. You should really only be using Shocks and not on CD unless the fight is extremely short. Otherwise, you're basically an auto-attacker. Get mana potions/dark runes/demonic runes. You'll want to get as much intellect, strength, and crit as possible. Intellect opens up for more Shock casts. Strength for base damage. Critical strike (or agility) for big damage.

Builds I would recommend:

Stormstrike/Mana spring totem. Lowers the cost of totems and makes twisting totems easier:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...051-0510530105

Auto-attack build/support with an instant cast heal/lightning bolt when necessary:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...-0510530105001

With better gear, and understanding how to not pull threat, this would be the most DPS after hit cap:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...05202105023051

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Um... yes?

If you don't know what you're doing and are running OOM every fight then you are going to do way less damage than someone that knows how to not go oom and continue doing damage.
    reread my comment because i was talking about damage or you are saying that an elemental shaman with the perfect "rotation" of consumable and mana managment can deal more than half of the damage of a frost mage with a two button keyboard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's L2P in that Shamans shouldn't be using Stormstrike and Chain Lightning in the same combat - they're components of two different spec rotations.
    true

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Also, all hybrids have terrible mana costs because they're intended to be healers at 60 in PvE. Simple as that.
    Doesn't matter how many time i read this i don't understand why give dps spec to hybrid if they chose to make them not viable for raid.
    Why don't just make single role class and optimize them for different aspect of that role?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Learn to manage your mana better. You should really only be using Shocks and not on CD unless the fight is extremely short. Otherwise, you're basically an auto-attacker. Get mana potions/dark runes/demonic runes. You'll want to get as much intellect, strength, and crit as possible. Intellect opens up for more Shock casts. Strength for base damage. Critical strike (or agility) for big damage.

Builds I would recommend:

Stormstrike/Mana spring totem. Lowers the cost of totems and makes twisting totems easier:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...051-0510530105

Auto-attack build/support with an instant cast heal/lightning bolt when necessary:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...-0510530105001

With better gear, and understanding how to not pull threat, this would be the most DPS after hit cap:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...05202105023051
    I currently tank all pre-raid stuff as a shaman, and I tell you agility is king because it gives you armor/crit/dodge, you crit and shit dies, it also lets you hold crazy aggro, and AOE aggro with tab slapping enemies with rockbiter auto attacks a crit is like instant agro. While tanking with a mongoose potion I have about 25 percent crit currently and it will be a lot more down the road. A lot of my gear does have int on it which is also important to give you a larger mana pool and some spell crit, but it won't be on everything. MP5 stat is amazing if you can get it.

My build allows me to do pretty decent damage when I throw on a 2-hander as well.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2019-10-24 at 05:43 PM.

Shaman is a healing class, you're not supposed to deal damage

Shamans suffer from the Hybrid taxes. Your a healer who have the option of dealing damage. fact..
    No you can dps, and do it well, but the reason your spells are so expensive, is because your a healer that pretends to be DPS.
    same goes for boomkin

Did not someome tell you Shamans are useless in Classic? Why play an unviable class when there have been numbers all over the Internet telling how much they suck for over a decade.