Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Server Populations

Does anyone know where I can find an up to date server population list?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Server list in game is the best one.
    I think they removed the ability to actually check population listings beyond that.
    How do you get a server list in game?
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    This website is pretty reliable:

https://ironforge.pro/servers/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    This website is pretty reliable:

https://ironforge.pro/servers/
    where do you find sites like that. any others ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Just go to "Choose Server" or something when on character select screen, and should show all available servers in your region, and current population.

There are probably better options, but that might help to start.
    Oh, well I was looking more for Alliance v Horde numbers.
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    where do you find sites like that. any others ?
    There's also this one:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295075/...ee-all-us-data

Server list in game is the best one.
    I think they removed the ability to actually check population listings beyond that.
    Why? A full server can be anything from 1500-3000 people on classic. It really doesn't tell you anything.

https://ironforge.pro/servers/[/QUOTE]

This isn't accurate at all. It takes Data from Warcraftlogs. Which means that you're only on there if you have participated in a logged raid.

Its safe to say though that its a good messure of active raiders.

It was more aimed at the spurious nonsense people say regarding things like "You can check Server population by AH numbers!" or other such things.

Also, the server population is based upon actual people playing at the time, not half-cocked figures, or from external sources (like the site linked above which requires Warcraft Logs addons linked), so are the actual "best" figure in terms of live numbers so to speak.
    It is the only one that actually has the current data, and even then, is kind of shit, Blizzard basically doesn't want you knowing how many people are playing.

(Not a snipe at Warcraft Logs or such, just those addons aren't as prevalent as people like to think, and the data in them may be skewed, but they are still pretty representative).
    Sure, they don't and for good reasons.
    In any case, numbers really don't matter much overall, at least in retail. The issues are in classic where some servers are just dead while others are full and theres no cross server play. But hey, thats another matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    pve activity might not indicate the exact amount of persons, but you could think that it's still accurate to compare each servers between others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    This isn't accurate at all. It takes Data from Warcraftlogs. Which means that you're only on there if you have participated in a logged raid.

Its safe to say though that its a good messure of active raiders.[/QUOTE]

It's not perfect obviously, but it's better than nothing.

The census addon does a good job of showing you populations on servers. Most favor horde significantly.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Just search for 'wow classic server population'. If you have a specific server in mind, just swap out the word 'server' for the server's name.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markco23 View Post
    The census addon does a good job of showing you populations on servers. Most favor horde significantly.
    What is the census addon and how do I check it?
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why? A full server can be anything from 1500-3000 people on classic. It really doesn't tell you anything.
    A full classic server is 10-15k people.

You can also get a kinda reliable number if you have an alt you try to get 15 honorable kills on per week so it gets "rolled" into the pvp ranking system.

I played my Hunter alt (lvl 60) to 16 honorable kills last week, on Noggenfogger EU Ally side. The honor tab showed me that there were 5.6k higher ranked alliance characters for that week, which means there's at least 5.6k alliance character on Noggenfogger EU- but you have to take into consideration alts (like mine) and that many people don't pvp.
    Noggenfogger EU is also a close to 3-1 horde favoured realm, so if alliance had at least 5.6k characters then Horde would have over 16k.
    So lets say 20k characters (low estimate) on Noggenfogger EU, let's say everyone has one alt... so say 10k players. (again, just speculation and rough estimates)
    Noggenfogger EU isn't a very high pop realm, it was added in wave 3 of EU realms iirc. I think it's fair to say that some of the higher pop realms could have double the number of active players or at the very least close to that.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You can also get a kinda reliable number if you have an alt you try to get 15 honorable kills on per week so it gets "rolled" into the pvp ranking system.

I played my Hunter alt (lvl 60) to 16 honorable kills last week, on Noggenfogger EU Ally side. The honor tab showed me that there were 5.6k higher ranked alliance characters for that week, which means there's at least 5.6k alliance character on Noggenfogger EU- but you have to take into consideration alts (like mine) and that many people don't pvp.
    Noggenfogger EU is also a close to 3-1 horde favoured realm, so if alliance had at least 5.6k characters then Horde would have over 16k.
    So lets say 20k characters (low estimate) on Noggenfogger EU, let's say everyone has one alt... so say 10k players. (again, just speculation and rough estimates)
    Noggenfogger EU isn't a very high pop realm, it was added in wave 3 of EU realms iirc. I think it's fair to say that some of the higher pop realms could have double the number of active players or at the very least close to that.
    That very smart idea to check number of players but it will not show many people who did not get any HK (or less than 15) last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No. lmao Classic realm cap is 15k, so no, 1500-3000 is not "Full".

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    That very smart idea to check number of players but it will not show many people who did not get any HK (or less than 15) last week.
    Ye I mentioned that aswell, but it's damn hard to not get 15 HKs per week if you raid. Just going to MC can give you 15 HKs.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No. lmao Classic realm cap is 15k, so no, 1500-3000 is not "Full".
    Wouldn't bother, mate. He's a jealous Classic hater in denial of its success