Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No. lmao Classic realm cap is 15k, so no, 1500-3000 is not "Full".
    Any source for the 15k limit? Because I think Blizzard never revealed the max player capacity of classic server (or moder wow for that matters).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Any source for the 15k limit? Because I think Blizzard never revealed the max player capacity of classic server (or moder wow for that matters).
    Before they blocked that addon that counts all players, servers had a 15k limit.

Since layering has been removed it may be less than 15k now. Still definitely above 10k though.

Yes, they did. In fact they mentioned that a low-medium pop Classic server is larger than a full Vanilla server. Vanilla servers started out with a 3k player cap, and was later raised to 5k. Not hard to extrapolate from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Before they blocked that addon that counts all players, servers had a 15k limit.

Since layering has been removed it may be less than 15k now. Still definitely above 10k though.
    Server caps have nothing to do with layering. Server cap is the max number of players on one server with 1 layer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Server caps have nothing to do with layering. Server cap is the max number of players on one server with 1 layer.
    And in turn, lets more login.

It's not hard to grasp.

Servers were layered, no queues. Layering removed, oh I have a queue again.

And in turn, lets more login.

It's not hard to grasp.

Servers were layered, no queues. Layering removed, oh I have a queue again.
    None of which changes a servers cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of which changes a servers cap.
    Allowing more people to play on one server because of layering, is increasing the cap allowed to login...

Yes, they did. In fact they mentioned that a low-medium pop Classic server is larger than a full Vanilla server. Vanilla servers started out with a 3k player cap, and was later raised to 5k. Not hard to extrapolate from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ok. So you have no solid ground to base your 15k limit on. Why not extrapolate to 40k then? And why not 10k? Nice to see where your credibility stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    That very smart idea to check number of players but it will not show many people who did not get any HK (or less than 15) last week.
    With the current game there is no way anyone active doesn't get at least 15 HKs a week (at least on a PVP realm).

Allowing more people to play on one server because of layering, is increasing the cap allowed to login...
    Forget layering. Dunno why you keep bringing it up. Server cap is 15k. Layering is pretty much gone, and soon none will be layered.

Source for that 10k? No solid ground to base that on. And they removed Census because it was not giving the right information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget layering. Dunno why you keep bringing it up. Server cap is 15k. Layering is pretty much gone, and soon none will be layered.
    Evidence that a server with layer has a cap of 15k please.

I want actual evidence btw.

"Soon none will be layered"

Pretty sure none are layered.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-26 at 12:22 PM.

Oh ok. So you have no solid ground to base your 15k limit on. Why not extrapolate to 40k then? And why not 10k? Nice to see where your credibility stands.
    Why would we extrapolate to 40K? Are you ignorant or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Source for that 10k? No solid ground to base that on. And they removed Census because it was not giving the right information.
    I've played on private servers for years that always had 10-11k online.

My server feels busier than those private servers, so I am confident it is at least 10k pop. We were also told, a server with 3-5k would be marked as low/medium. Makes sense high would 8-10k. I'm not sure on the cap being 15k on a single layer.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-26 at 12:17 PM.

I've played on private servers for years that always had 10-11k online.

My server feels busier than those private servers, so I am confident it is at least 10k pop. We were also told, a server with 3-5k would be marked as low/medium. Makes sense high would 8-10k. I'm not sure on the cap being 15k on a single layer.
    When they implemented the server cap increase, queues on full servers immediately dropped by about 8k players. 8k + the previous cap should easily be 15k.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they implemented the server cap increase, queues on full servers immediately dropped by about 8k players. 8k + the previous cap should easily be 15k.
    Talking about the cap increase from ages ago? I do not doubt a layered server had a 15k cap. You appear to not understand what layering did.

When layering was removed, queues increased on all the big servers.

Talking about the cap increase from ages ago?

When layering was removed, queues increased on all the big servers.
    For the love of God, stop bringing layering into it. It has nothing to do with the discussion. When queues drop by 8k, it is obvious that the cap went up by at least 8k.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of God, stop bringing layering into it. It has nothing to do with the discussion. When queues drop by 8k, it is obvious that the cap went up by at least 8k.
    Jesus christ, try to understand what layering actually did.

Queues increased when layering was removed. What's hard to understand? Do you know why they increased? Because removing layers, reduced the amount of people that can be logged in at one time.

Jesus christ, try to understand what layering actually did.
    Again, layering has nothing to with a servers cap. Layering was simply a way to over populate realms early on, so that after layering was removed, realms would still be high pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, layering has nothing to with a servers cap. Layering was simply a way to over populate realms early on, so that after layering was removed, realms would still be high pop.
    Ok so you don't understand what they did.

What's your explanation for queues increasing when layering was removed? Or do you think a server with 2 layers had a cap of 30k?

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    With the current game there is no way anyone active doesn't get at least 15 HKs a week (at least on a PVP realm).
    I play everyday on medium-sized PvP server and probably wont have 15HK's this week.