Poll: Worst Intro Cinematic

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    WOTLK. Arthas is the most overrated character in WoW’s history.
    While that might be true (on the other hand, there is Illidan), the cinematic itself was well done... The king is voicing his love, hopes and wishes for Arthas, while Arthas does ruin it all and does the exact opposite.

By far the most thought out intro cinematic there is for this game and a job well done.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-22 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Shadowlands simply because they could have done more with that Sylvanas vs. Bolvar fight. I get that Bolvar is no Arthas and he doesn't have the power of the Frostmourne but still he's got to have some power enough to put up a decent fight with Sylvanas.

Then Sylvanas just tearing the helm in half as if it was made of plastic. I don't mind the helm being destroyed but doesn't it deserve a little more respect than that? I mean it was a little anti-climactic with the way it was destroyed. I just felt that the legendary Helm of Domination deserve a little more of a dramatic ending than what it got.

As a whole it just felt very anti-climactic and years of history felt like it was disrespected as if it never had any importance to the lore of Warcraft. That's just how I felt about it.
    I understand it's your opinion, but I disagree. The fact that she had to go into banshee form even with all her crazy new power, just to rip the helm in half indicates that no one else on azeroth could have done that. Also how is it anti-climatic when the helm is torn in two and the whole sky explodes, revealing shadowlands? Besides, the pre-expansion patch hasn't launched yet and we're about to see the repercussions of her actions. It just feels like it was more of a "I expected something else" rather than a case of being anti-climatic.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Burning Crusade because I don't remember anything from it.
    You are not prepared?

Close between SL and Legion. MOP maybe 3rd because while it was funny it was the first one where I wasn't hyped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Burning Crusade because I don't remember anything from it.
    Probably because it was a bit of a hodgepodge. A draenei, a blood elf, some generic but neat fight scenes, topping it off with "you are not prepared." I'll make that my 4th worst, even if I wouldn't say a single one has been truly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Burning Crusade is the most disjointed. The Illidan/Draenei/Blood Elf scenes are bad ass, but the random cut aways makes it the least enjoyable to watch as far as painting a story goes.

"Now... you dare enter MY domain?"

*Random orc slicing down naga, troll riding a raptor, Orc getting OWNED, human mage sheeping Tauren Lulz, bad ass undead Warlock torching murlocs!*

- - - Updated - - -

MAAAN, the salt against Shadowlands is real. I hate Sylvanas as much as anyone on these forums, but that cinematic was very well put together. It's just Bolvar, he wasn't the true Lich King. If Sylvanas was ever right about one thing, it was that Bolvar was a pretender to the throne. It's all he ever has been. Anduin's babysitter, and steward to The Frozen Throne.
    It wasn't well put together at all. It showed undead charging at Sylvanas and then it cut away with blizzard logo and then came back with all of them dead somehow. And how the fuck can Sylvanas slice a giant rock in half with her arrow or have the physical strength to launch that giant ice boulder at Bolvar?? No one knows and we probably won't know until 11.0 when the plan finally starts to be revealed. and then to top it all off "This world is a prison".. omg.. just kill me now that was so cringe. That cinematic can't compare to the piece of art that was the Lich King cinematic with Arthas' father speaking to young arthas juxtaposed with arthas doing the opposite as the lich king along with the eargasmic music in the background.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-22 at 09:25 PM.

Shadowlands, closely followed by BfA.

Shadowlands takes the no1 spot because:
    - the 3rd xpac cinematic in a row featuring Sylvanas
    - visually not interesting, Sylvanas looks like she's made of wax, just some emo bitch
    - destroying the players fantasy of the Lich King was really the stupidest thing Blizz has done to WoW... holy crap, how much lower can they sink...

Based on your other forum posts, your opinions are trash.

Legion imo

Too much Varian foreshadowing, not enough demons
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Worst is TBC

Best is Arthas or BFA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I understand it's your opinion, but I disagree. The fact that she had to go into banshee form even with all her crazy new power, just to rip the helm in half indicates that no one else on azeroth could have done that. Also how is it anti-climatic when the helm is torn in two and the whole sky explodes, revealing shadowlands? Besides, the pre-expansion patch hasn't launched yet and we're about to see the repercussions of her actions. It just feels like it was more of a "I expected something else" rather than a case of being anti-climatic.
    Eh, maybe you're right, maybe anti-climactic was the wrong word to use, I don't know. It just didn't sit well with me.

I just felt with Sylvanas just casually walking in the way she did and then brushing Bolvar aside like that just left me wanting more. So maybe Bolvar really was just simply a placeholder whose only purpose was to keep the undead under control and nothing more. What was with him "powering up" turning from fiery orange to icy blue like that? They could've at least built up the fact that Bolvar is a shit fighter before he became the new Lich King instead of making him seem like some powerful badass. A simple line of dialogue could've made this a little better like Bolvar admitting he's not much of a fighter so he'll sacrifice himself instead of a seasoned paladin who would be more useful elsewhere or something. Then at least we could've gone into this cinematic thinking "oh man, Bolvar is gonna get his ass handed to him".

I don't know I guess I was just expecting something more or something else like you said.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-11-22 at 09:51 PM.

Cata. Wasn't really that interesting.

BfA cinematic was awesome, probably my favorite. Vanilla one was good,TBC was good(nostalgia lol), MoP probably the second best. I like them all really. Cata too, but hey, had to pick one.

Funny though, MoP and BfA are two expansions I consider lesser in terms of quality of the game, same with Vanilla, but those had the best cinematics. Best thing with WoD was the cinematic, seeing how the expansion itself undermined the story in the cinematic. We will be conq...Eh, liberators!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I can't really choose. Maybe Cataclysm since it is just one big fly by of Deathwing that doesn't make much sense given where he all flies by. You can tell they were just kinda checking off boxes of places to destroy.

And honorable mention to Shadowlands. Removing the hype from it I am just over Sylvanas. The cinematic is gorgeous. The action is awesome but I just can't be bothered to really care about her at this point. We have had literally 3 cinematics in a row featuring her to some degree and it's egregious at this point lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    And honorable mention to Shadowlands. Removing the hype from it I am just over Sylvanas. The cinematic is gorgeous. The action is awesome but I just can't be bothered to really care about her at this point. We have had literally 3 cinematics in a row featuring her to some degree and it's egregious at this point lol.
    My personal worst is SL, because of hyper-sylvanasemia, it's quite uncommon for major characters to appear in 2 major cinematics, but now Sylvie is appearing in THREE ones in a row? Besides, her "This world is a prison!" is cringeworthy to no end, easily surpassing the likes of "Draenor is free!" or "MALFURIOOOON MY LOOOOVE". Give me a !@#$ing break. Second post for MoP, because it was just... Idk how to put it... silly?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The TBC one for sure.
    Mostly because the expansion ended up not ending with Illidan, but also because compared to every other cinematic after that, it didn't feel like the tone was right.
    It made Illidan out to be some huge bad guy, and he barely had any impact on the story, and he wasn't ever really a bad guy truly.

It was cool at the time, but looking back, it's the one that has aged the worst for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Shadowlands is so bad it's really unbelievable. It's boring! The fight with Bolvar is insulting, as well as her just ripping the Helm apart with her bare hands (?!?). Also... Why the fuck would that open a portal to the afterlife? Ugh. So bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Cata: worst overall expansion as well. The ONLY saving grace fucking cata even had.. Transmog. Heroic Rag aka Mythicc now.. was the only thing cool otherwise.. Cata was hot fucking garbage

Shadowlands cinematic was great, people want to dislike it just because they are tired of Sylvanas. I can dislike a character but enjoy a good cinematic.
    I felt really bad when the lich king was defeated because I knew what Bolvar have gone through and seeing him in his knees was truly heartbreaking, do I disagree with what they did to him? maybe, but seeing a 5 minutes video that made me feel much more emotions than a whole season of a show(got) is surely a success in my book.

PS: I couldn't take 1 more second of Garrosh after Pandaria, but damm the WOD cinematic was amazing. I still watch it all the time.

Whew my prophet senses are tingling, I predict you get a lot of shit for this comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What is the worst/least favorable intro cinematic for WoW?
    I'd say the Cataclysm or Shadowlands one are one of the weakest.
    Shadowlands. By far!

They did not show Sylvanas fighting that horde of undead between her and the Lich King, and the fight itself between the two was way too one-sided to be satisfactory, especially considering how many people hate Sylvanas, it was really a let-down to see her basically effortlessly own the Lich King like that.