Poll: Worst Intro Cinematic

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP's actually sucked. The visual style was more cartoony than usual, the fight was goofy, and it didn't hype you up at all for the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Shadowlands for sure.
    What I mean by that is not that the detail or animation quality is lacking at all but it has none of the epicness and inspirational qualities of the other ones.

It's all just spectacle and the fight itself seems slow, clunky and ponderous, like a really bad DBZ episode. All that was missing was them yelling out the names of whatever move they were using.

7+ Year Old Account
    BFA was garbage and cringe as fuck, but shadowlands did went full retarded, it get the spot

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    WOTLK. Arthas is the most overrated character in WoW’s history.
    A yes. A newly developed opinion since the Shadowlands cinematic.

Lol. Be honest with yourself. It's either Vanilla/TBC for there being a lack of any story going on, or Shadowlands for just how much disrespect it pays to wow's most iconic character, whether you like him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I really didn't like the WotLK cinematic. It was boring. It's Arthas in the snow for 2 minutes and then dragon rises and goes rawr. Riveting stuff.
    Disregarding the history and music and character involved with that cinematic... how ignorant can you be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I had to go rewatch it again because I completely forgot everything about it.
    I don't know how you forget that fight between Admiral Taylor and General Nazgrim and Chen. It was pretty nice.

3+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla and TBC for me - it’s not that they were “bad”, but because they were mostly just filled with some characters walking around and that neither, to me, told any story. When I first saw Vanilla’s I had no idea what it was even supposed to be about, even though I have been a Warcraft fan since Orcs and Humans.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    BFA one was too good, on the contrary of the expansion itself. Was too well done.
    Maybe this is a sign :O

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I don't know how you forget that fight between Admiral Taylor and General Nazgrim and Chen. It was pretty nice.
    The best cinematic is of them drinking in the pub afterwards. “Soooo...it was a bear?”

“IN A HAT!”. Still funny as hell.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    Shadowlands. What I dont like was how Blizzard didnt animate Sylvanas fighting the horde of undead at the frozen throne. It made the fight with Bolvar feel way more cheap and less exciting.
    It's roumoured that part was cut and we will see what happened later.

Shadowlands. Great cinematic but poor "Intro" cinematic. I was about to put MoP's one as it didn't introduce a lot beyond the 5-seconds shot of Pandaria, but I chose Shadowlands finally.

I'm half expecting that this Cinematic was not the Opening Cinematic for Shadowlands but more the ending to the Battle for Azeroth's ones (that's a good follow-up to Reckoning). I'll wait for the 8.3 (and potentially 8.3.5) full reveal, maybe they don't want to show us the real Opening Cinematic because it could spoil something (if the cinematic starts with "Azeroth is dead" or "Sargeras being now a Murloc", that'd be pretty spoilery).

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    It's roumoured that part was cut and we will see what happened later.
    Yeah, hoping that too. She had 7 arrows total I think, one to headshot the last undead, one in the rock and the rest in Bolvar's body, so she dealt with 3 dozens undead with something else. She doesn't have her dagger in the cinematic too. She probably started with the Void Kamehameha (while embedding 3 arrows in Bolvar's body), or something that blizzard doesn't want us to see before the end of BfA.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-11-27 at 09:32 AM.

Shadowlands, with Burning Crusade shortly behind it.

Shadowlands cinematic the pacing was poor for me, story is very weak goes against it as well, made it hard to find Sylvanas' power to be believable anyway and skipping her fighting the army of undead and never breaking a sweat makes it too hard to enjoy. Looked pretty as fuck though.

Burning crusade my fave expansion but the cinematic was like, very disjointed. I can understand they were trying to follow a similar style to the vanilla one. Vanilla made more sense because it was setting the entire scene of Azeroth and was the first. TBC gave very little away about this epic quest in space you're about to embark on, some random dudes fight each other, oh and, Illidan is involved I guess. Didn't execute it as well but still held together better then Shadowlands for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I really didn't like the WotLK cinematic. It was boring. It's Arthas in the snow for 2 minutes and then dragon rises and goes rawr. Riveting stuff.
    Honestly though. The only good thing about that cinematic was Terenas’ dialogue. But that wasn’t even to save it
    change can't wait.

It's Battle for Azeroth vs Shadowlands.

Battle for Azeroth just didn't feel really worthwhile, and having Sylvanas REEEE in the camera and yelling FOR THE HORDE as if she actually cared didn't do much for me. Shadowlands.. well, it's obvious why somebody would be far from satisfied with that one. That said, at least some of the visuals for it are genuinely interesting, no matter how much I dislike the actual contents of it.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Maybe this is a sign :O
    Haha in what sense? I actually enjoyed some aspects of Shadowlands, besides part of my least enthusiasm was how the fight was so unfair and that is Sylvanas again, on a new expansion. All expansions are so different from each other for years, and then it's now Sylvanas everywhere. Please no.

Legion, BfA, now Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    MoP's actually sucked. The visual style was more cartoony than usual, the fight was goofy, and it didn't hype you up at all for the expansion.
    Y'all just can't have a little fun and humor, all too edgy for that, hu?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Haha in what sense?
    BfA Cinematic = good = bad expansion.

SL Cinematic = Bad = good expansion :O

I'd hate to know what kind of people voted WoTLK. Someone was high and though they were voting for best intro?

Probably TBC for me for reasons others have already said; no real narrative aside from knowing Illidan's relevant. While Shadowlands failed to get me excited for the expac initially, seeing the sky shattering was a "holy shit" moment I wasn't expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    BfA Cinematic = good = bad expansion.

SL Cinematic = Bad = good expansion :O
    Well. I know i got hyped with the cinematic of BfA and never enjoyed the thematics of it, even less the systems. The neck...

Shadowlands i feel like covenants can be really interesting and Anima i don't feel it's AP. I love the places and i love the story... i just think Sylvanas is tiring me up and i feel like im playing the same expansion over and over, cause she is always the one behind it all.