Poll: How powerful is the Jailer?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How powerful is the Jailer?

The new villain from Shadowlands Lorewise.
    Last edited by BreakerofAzeroth; 2019-11-07 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerofAzeroth View Post
    The new villain from Shadowlands.
    At least 8.

lore: depends on how many souls there are in the MaW.

cinematics: not as strong as sylvanas

gameplay: we are stronger.

data mining suggests 11.

I'd say, if he breaks free from his chains, he'd be above even the Titan Pantheon. But, as of now, I think it's best we just him between Titan and Old God level. Maybe...

But, that also isn't true, because he himself is as important to the WoW Cosmology as the Void Lords/Titans are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    lore: depends on how many souls there are in the MaW.

cinematics: not as strong as sylvanas

gameplay: we are stronger.
    Pretty sure Sylvanas is practically serving him. Though Blizzard says they're "working together", that's about as equal as saying "Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden were working together". One's still serving the other, in the end.

It's said that the Shadowlands are older than the Titans, meaning that he's older than the Titans as well. It would stand to reason that he's incredibly powerful if he is the epicenter of the Shadowlands' power. He's also where Sylvanas got her inexplicable power upgrades over the past few years besides just being a regular ol' banshee in a body. He's also a mysterious figure to even the inhabitants of the Shadowlands - people like the Arbiter, Venthyr, Kyrians, and others seem to do these jobs since time itself existed, either willingly or unwillingly serving him and his will.

However, he also seems to be chained up in a kneeling position, and he made a bargain with Sylvanas for a reason. He's likely the being that Odyn gave his eye to, in order to peer into the Shadowlands. If he's making deals with undead and Titanforged, then it's possible his powers are subdued - either because he's weak, or because he's chained up. We have no idea who put him in chains, or why, so it's all speculation at the moment.

However, it should be noted that few things are stronger than the Void and Light - they were the original things that ever existed. When they clashed, everything else came into existence. This would also mean, presumably, the Shadowlands, the Jailer, and the idea of death itself. So, he would be somewhere above the Titans in strength, and somewhere below the Void Lords. The Light even harms the land in Revendreth, for instance, and even N'Zoth called death "the enemy of all" in BfA.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Pretty sure Sylvanas is practically serving him. Though Blizzard says they're "working together", that's about as equal as saying "Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden were working together". One's still serving the other, in the end.
    i'm sure the jailer is more powerful than sylvanas, if he were free. but i'm pretty sure the jailer can't exactly leave the maw himself, let alone act on the mortal plain. the whole thing reeks of a quid pro quo arrangement more than anything.

it's very lich king/arthas like in that way.

i bet the story will go somewhat like: only undead souls can be send back to the living world on death, since they are already in a unnatural state. but the jailer can't use a soul really meant for the maw for obvious reasons, luckily death machine is broken so all kinds of souls arrive. he waits until a powerful undead soul destined for another realm comes along, and sylvanas at the moment of arthas death fit the bill. they strike a deal and there we go, sylvanas gets to live and is informed of "the bigger bad", and the jailer gets to be real stronk/break free/w/e he wants.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-11-07 at 06:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is the most powerful being in the universe. Atleast until next expansion.

quid pro quo.
    it was a perfect conversation, one of the best ever.

i'm sure the jailer is more powerful than sylvanas, if he were free. but i'm pretty sure the jailer can't exactly leave the maw himself, let alone act on the mortal plain. the whole thing reeks of a quid pro quo arrangement more than anything.
    Probably this. Hes nutso strong but only in his desmesnes and he is as trapped as everybody else. Us aside.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

In my opinion, he's above the Titans and Void Lords so none of those choices. He is the C.E.O of the Maw and there are many reality ending threats in it. Some of them might even be a Void Lord or Titan level or even above them. And the Jailer punish these type of beings so that should give everyone a big hint on just how powerful and scary the Jailer is. At this point depending on how much the Jailer empowers Sylvanas. I think even she might have a chance of rivaling a full blown Void Lord or Pantheon in power.

Jailer/Arbiter >>Void Lords/Pantheon Class Titans

Nobody is immune to the Arbiter's judgement except for the Jailer I guess. Everything else eventually dies and the day will come where they'll need to stand before the Arbiter in the afterlife and answer for their crimes or good deeds whatever it is. So Arbiter and Jailer should be the top of the food chain in the lore currently.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-07 at 06:21 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

5+ Year Old Account
    Close to a Titan I would say.

Since his power seems to limited by soul count.

Titans are just living sentient beings of pure arcane power.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Jailer/Arbiter >>Void Lords/Pantheon Class Titans
    the whole shadowlands is more on par with old gods/naaru if you look at that chronicle chart, the void lords are more on par with whoever the real death god is (no doubt introduced during questing or in a patch).

Nobody is immune to the Arbiter's judgement except for the Jailer I guess.
    nah, i'm gonna throw it on the never before used plot that is : the jailer started out as a willing sacrifice to contain the bad souls (bolvar/tal rasha style).

Powerful enough for us to kill him and loot him.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

But you are missing option 1: under Sylvanus powerlevel. We all know she is going to backstab one shot him without breaking a sweat. Powerlevel in wow is currently like that: Sylvanus=Sangoku>Broly>Jailer>Titan>Old gods>>>>.....zzZZzzz>Vegeta>Pepe>>Anduin

More seriously: Titan level i guess. Aren't the Void lords more powerful than titans?

It cant be too powerful. Shadowlands is just another plane. Titans created the whole universe, this guy is only responsible for one single territory, not more. So he shouldnt be more powerful than a random dungeon endboss in bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    It cant be too powerful. Shadowlands is just another plane. Titans created the whole universe, this guy is only responsible for one single territory, not more. So he shouldnt be more powerful than a random dungeon endboss in bfa.
    The titans didn't create the universe

it's very lich king/arthas like in that way.

i bet the story will go somewhat like: only undead souls can be send back to the living world on death, since they are already in a unnatural state. but the jailer can't use a soul really meant for the maw for obvious reasons, luckily death machine is broken so all kinds of souls arrive. he waits until a powerful undead soul destined for another realm comes along, and sylvanas at the moment of arthas death fit the bill. they strike a deal and there we go, sylvanas gets to live and is informed of "the bigger bad", and the jailer gets to be real stronk/break free/w/e he wants.
    I agree with this, 100%. Also, I'm pretty sure that, if he were free, he would make Sargeras himself look like instant shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    The titans didn't create the universe
    The amount of wrong in his statement...

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    1. He most definitely can be too powerful, is the cosmic balance breaks in his favor.

2. The Shadowlands existed when the Universe existed. It existed when EVERYTHING existed! It is about as huge, if more, more huge than the WoW Cosmos itself. The Arbiter and The Jailer guard the Shadowlands, and they existed before the Titan Pantheon. Therefore, the Titans couldn't have made the Universe, and that's because they didn't. Light and Shadow did. And after Shadowlands, that's the conflict we're going to explore next. Light and Shadow. The primordial forces of everything ever.