Retribution Paladin passive raid-wide healing? (Mastery rant)

Isn’t one of the core values of being a Paladin to help or heal your allies? I think ret pals Mastery should reflect that with a small raid wide healing based on your damage done; similar to Vampiric Embrace circa WotLK.

Arcane Mage is probably my favorite Mastery right now out of all the specs. It adds spec flavor by increasing your resource pool and regen rate while also increasing the damage (albeit not a lot) of your affected spells because it’s a damage spec.

Right now a lot of classes mastery’s are pretty boring. A flat % increase to holy damage done is really vanilla and doesn’t really add much to the gameplay. If anything, Mastery should encompass that spec’s flavor and reward you for putting more points into the stat. With Shadowlands around the corner I think it would be a great opportunity to take a look at class Masteries and reevaluate how they reflect on the class/spec fantasy.

Do you want to be a dps or a healer?

I rather do more dmg than a useless minor flat healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Do you want to be a dps or a healer?

I rather do more dmg than a useless minor flat healing.
    there’s no reason you couldn’t have both?

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    there’s no reason you couldn’t have both?
    There is - why would you bring a mage if he does same dps but no healing? No one wants to pay hybrid taxes in 2019 anymore.

Spec Holy, then you can do both.

There is - why would you bring a mage if he does same dps but no healing? No one wants to pay hybrid taxes in 2019 anymore.
    because ranged, player over class, mage utility over ret, etc.

Let's see... Mage is Ranged, better CC, more mobile... Paladin has... What do retribution paladins have again over mages? Even if better, passive healing was added? They can bubble I guess, but then again, mage can ice block.

Raid wide healing based on mastery is even more boring that the dps application

ROFLMAO yeah cause a ret paladin does as much damage as a mage. Go ahead, pick you a data set. I'll wait:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...24#dataset=100
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../24#dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...0&difficulty=4
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...5&difficulty=4

5+ Year Old Account
    Mastery should also increase healing done too, pretty lame imo that it only increases holy dmg (though I do like the mastery overall even if it is just "moar dmg").

Reason being so it can affect abilities such as Word of Glory and Flash of Light and it fits with the hybrid theme of the class of being a supportish warrior character.

Oh also forgot to add, if the holy bonus to heal is too much then they can cut it to half or a quarter of the dmg bonus (just so it's not overpowered). I just think the mastery should increase holy dmg and healing in general because it fits the paladin theme a lot.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2020-02-09 at 04:32 AM.

Maybe an aura ability that switches between giving out single-target or AoE healing on press would be pretty cool to supplement (think Priest Chakra), but if this was going to be any effective I almost think reworking Holy Paladins in this kind of style would be best instead of giving it to Ret.

I would be a lot more excited as Ret to get Consecration back if it was half healing half damage. They're probably just going to take damage out of Divine Storm to dump in Consecration which is pretty boring, IMO.