Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    News are guilty of this too. Just look how much they pushed Russia collusion conspiracy theory.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ironically what you just posted is another conspiracy theory.

    "Here, a brief guide to how it all (might have) started:"
    You mean the "conspiracy theory", that has been all but confirmed? I mean if you read the damn Mueller Report there is 2 instances of collusion in there and then you have the Roger Stone Trial that confirmed that Trump was coordinating with Wikileaks.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Chinese Bootlickers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,902
    I've gotta say, this new character is really something. Can't wait to see the finished movie.

    In the land of intersectionality, the white men in a dress are king.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The most ironic part about alt-right rants, is that when they list the perceived flaws of the left, it comes out as their own psychological projections rather than actually describing the left.
    Was funny reading tho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    And speaking of gaslighting....
    The line before that paragraph was fuckloads funnier.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by riptor7364 View Post
    When it comes to the left and the right, what you're really talking about is before and after.. and what I mean by that is each generation becomes more and more "left" as time passes, although there are definitely hicups in that timeline, what I think drives this trend is a simple formula.

    Freedom + Prosperity = Spoiled Brats

    You can apply this formula to children and get the same behavioral patterns as a radical leftists, every, single, time.. and nobody wants a spoiled brat as a child, no parent wants to hate their child.. and nobody wants to live in a society where your neighbors are so nasty even their parents hated them..

    I think every civilization in history goes through this. As prosperity rises, people become free to act like brats, and a political party panders to these brats as it's clear it's the growing majority, then that civilization goes down the toilet.. and the cycle repeats itself.

    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

    The left, today, is a product of better men, creating an environment where they could live and act like children, in a country full of toys and entertainment, with no real worries.. It's not a coincidence the most outspoken leftists are from Hollywood and white upper class families.

    When you have a society that creates an environment to condition it's people to act like ungrateful brats, you end up with leftists who think everything left of them is "right wing".

    The more free and prosperous a society becomes, the more the goal post of what we find socially acceptable will keep moving left, to the point where there is nothing left but people angry at everything, where the slightest inconveniences poses a dangerous threat, where words become violence, where the idea of women becoming mothers is "oppressive", and on and on it goes..

    It's simple, the left is a perfect representation that we, in the United States, have it so good, we have an entire generation of spoiled brats complaining about everything. Only in western culture do you see this taking place, because western culture is at the forefront of pushing freedom and prosperity to it's people, and so long as people refuse to recognize this is a problem, we're going to be surrounded by, and eventually consumed by, a country full of offended, screaming, PC babies..

    How do we fight this? LEARN HISTORY. Become educated. And most importantly.. acknowledge that "emotion" is the enemy of civilization.
    Yes, Boomers are spoiled brats who grew up in the best economic times of the US and faced basically none of the struggles that people nowadays have had to. The part where you're wrong is that Boomers are overwhelmingly Right wing, not Left wing.

  5. #25
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    33,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Theory that was debunked. Theory that was presented as a fact by certain news
    What theories were pushed as fact by news? That Russia meddled in our election? That several Trump campaign staff knew about it and did nothing, but also lied about it? That those same officials were receiving money from Russia? That Trump was aware of illegal hacking by Russia, and that they were pushing money into his campaign and into ads pushing for him?

    Those were all established facts by the Mueller report. The only things not confirmed by the Mueller report, nor reported as facts by the media, was "Trump directly working with Putin" (though it was very clear Trump was complicit in receiving aid as he never reported it) and of course the pee tapes.



    On topic, isn't it funny how, just a couple of short decades ago, most Americans were on the same page when it came to facts and things that happened? Even with the Nixon and Clinton scandals, all Americans knew what were happening. With the proliferation of hyper partisan right wing media around the year 2000, and the internet, we all of a sudden have a huge portion of the USA living in this fantasy land where Trump can do no wrong and has not committed a crime, even though what he did with Ukraine is very clearly laid out as illegal by the highest form of law in our land, the Constitution.

    But internet echo chambers have allowed for people to create these fantasy worlds where they can construct convenient realities and live in them (at least in their heads) and have other residents join them. Before the turn of the century, these people would have been branded as conspiracy pushing lunatics. Now they're simply called the alt-right.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The most ironic part about alt-right rants, is that when they list the perceived flaws of the left, it comes out as their own psychological projections rather than actually describing the left.
    This statement is a quite perfect depiction of the left.
    Projecting the stuff they themselves are mainly guilty of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    And speaking of gaslighting....

    Haiti was coerced into paying reparations to France by the international community. They suffered crippling debt for decades. By 1900, 80% of the country's GDP was debt servicing. No one was willing to trade with Haiti for the most part making their life even harder. Sure they had shit-heel leaders but they weren't unique in that regard.
    The reason Haiti collapsed doesn't really matter with regards to what I wrote. The fact is they collapsed, and that fact was used by southern whites to raise fears of freeing the slaves or passing civil rights laws, not a cartoon from 1898.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The reason Haiti collapsed doesn't really matter with regards to what I wrote. The fact is they collapsed, and that fact was used by southern whites to raise fears of freeing the slaves or passing civil rights laws, not a cartoon from 1898.
    It actually does matter. Not telling the full story is obfuscating the truth. And you're not the first I've seen on this forum to tell lies about Haiti's history.

    The United States didn't recognize Haiti as a nation till 1861 because of influence of the southern states. Its like the South created a problem and then tried to profit off of the problem.

    That cartoon I posted is just an example. Josephus Daniels was a piece of shit who created heaps of fake news to crush a political party because he was an unrepentant racist. Daniels trickery led to the Wilmington Insurrection, the only successful coup d'etat in American history. A riot by White North Carolinian's overthrew the democratically elected Fusionist government. Jim Crow Democrats immediately took over and ran North Carolina for decades until those Dems decided they'd rather by Republican's instead. Jesse Helms was one of the first.

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    This statement is a quite perfect depiction of the left.
    Projecting the stuff they themselves are mainly guilty of.
    But if you call them on projecting they'll label you an (blank)ist or (blank)phobe. Maybe toss in a nazi or alt-right in there as well. Because they certainly haven't ran that word into the ground. Much like incel

    Just like youtube chamnels that call out sjws or twitter Puritans for stupid stuff. People should call out the news for dumb stories or fake news. It keeps them honest.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/TlpXLjJ i got banned from twitter for this. Lol

  10. #30
    Over 9000! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Silk Road
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Unfortunately fake news is nothing new.

    The following image is from the Raleigh News & Observer Sept. 27, 1898.


    This particular picture was created to break apart the Fusionist political party. The Fusionists were a pro-farmer, anti-business political party that united both poor whites and poor blacks. Naturally, the rich assholes of North Carolina had to put a stop to this.

    This all eventually paved the way to Jesse Helms who was the prototype of the modern GOP. This is why I can't take the NeverTrumpers from the GOP seriously. Trump is a culmination of decades of GOP politics. Helms was no stranger to fake news and neither was Rush Limbaugh. Shall we talk about how the Southern Treasonists successfully gaslighted everyone after the Civil War?

    The only difference is speed and numbers. The intent has been there for decades.
    It goes back much further than that - once the initial wave of English colonists at Jamestown had finally given up on their dreams of being Cortez-style murderhobos and settled down to become a successful new aristocracy as drug baronstobacco plantation owners, they ran into some problems with wealth inequality, and a trumped-up feud with the Native Americans led to the formation of a mixed-race milita that rebelled and burned Jamestown down as part of demanding redress of their grievances; once the brief civil war had guttered out, the colony's ruling class went all-in on racism to divide poor whites from poor blacks and prevent any future rebellions based on wealth inequality. (And it's still happening now, as Donald Trump's Republican Party ensures that the WASP populist right and the diverse populist left in America hate each other for the next generation, while the ruling class and their servants laugh all the way to global-warming-induced Armageddon.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

  11. #31
    The very fact that people are criticizing his speech proves his point exactly.

    People are either blind, ignorant, or evil.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Was funny reading tho.
    That was the point right? It was funny because how ironic it was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yes, Boomers are spoiled brats who grew up in the best economic times of the US and faced basically none of the struggles that people nowadays have had to. The part where you're wrong is that Boomers are overwhelmingly Right wing, not Left wing.
    I actually have a theory about this.

    They look themselves in the metaphorical mirror and are so horrified by what they see, that they mentally dissociate from their self-image, and cope with the trauma by projecting said self-image on others.

    It explains how they are perfectly capable of identifying what characteristics are good and evil, but they never seem to be able to attribute said characteristics to the right targets.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2019-11-24 at 09:10 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  13. #33
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,208
    Mainstream news doesn’t help when it won’t hold politicians accountable for their lies.

    Politicians don’t help when they’re habitual and pathological liars themselves.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

    I actually have a theory about this.

    They look themselves in the metaphorical mirror and are so horrified by what they see, that they mentally dissociate from their self-image, and cope with the trauma by projecting said self-image on others.

    It explains how they are perfectly capable of identifying what characteristics are good and evil, but they never seem to be able to attribute said characteristics to the right targets.
    I think the complete and utter lack of self-awareness is one of the defining features of the older generation.

  15. #35
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I think the complete and utter lack of self-awareness is one of the defining features of the older generation.
    It is, and it’s Dunning-Kruger squared. They think they might be above average, but barely so. So when you have these lunatics on Question Time earning £100k+ a year thinking they’re not in the top 5% earners, this is what you get.

    Honestly I’m not sure it’s generational, a lot of Boomers are in the same boat as the rest of us, but this particular Boomer generation of a political and influential class is awful.

    Never had it highlighted so bluntly as when I was nearly hit by a guy in his massive 4x4 on my bike, yet I was the one taking up the road apparently...

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I think the complete and utter lack of self-awareness is one of the defining features of the older generation.
    If you were just to look at merely the surface, it can seem like that; but if that were remotely true, they wouldn't be so spot-on accurate at describing themselves when projecting onto others.

    After a certain point, being too self-aware is almost indistinguishable from lacking self-awareness.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  17. #37
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    20,734
    Quote Originally Posted by riptor7364 View Post
    When it comes to the left and the right, what you're really talking about is before and after.. and what I mean by that is each generation becomes more and more "left" as time passes, although there are definitely hicups in that timeline, what I think drives this trend is a simple formula.

    Freedom + Prosperity = Spoiled Brats

    You can apply this formula to children and get the same behavioral patterns as a radical leftists, every, single, time.. and nobody wants a spoiled brat as a child, no parent wants to hate their child.. and nobody wants to live in a society where your neighbors are so nasty even their parents hated them..

    I think every civilization in history goes through this. As prosperity rises, people become free to act like brats, and a political party panders to these brats as it's clear it's the growing majority, then that civilization goes down the toilet.. and the cycle repeats itself.

    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

    The left, today, is a product of better men, creating an environment where they could live and act like children, in a country full of toys and entertainment, with no real worries.. It's not a coincidence the most outspoken leftists are from Hollywood and white upper class families.

    When you have a society that creates an environment to condition it's people to act like ungrateful brats, you end up with leftists who think everything left of them is "right wing".

    The more free and prosperous a society becomes, the more the goal post of what we find socially acceptable will keep moving left, to the point where there is nothing left but people angry at everything, where the slightest inconveniences poses a dangerous threat, where words become violence, where the idea of women becoming mothers is "oppressive", and on and on it goes..

    It's simple, the left is a perfect representation that we, in the United States, have it so good, we have an entire generation of spoiled brats complaining about everything. Only in western culture do you see this taking place, because western culture is at the forefront of pushing freedom and prosperity to it's people, and so long as people refuse to recognize this is a problem, we're going to be surrounded by, and eventually consumed by, a country full of offended, screaming, PC babies..

    How do we fight this? LEARN HISTORY. Become educated. And most importantly.. acknowledge that "emotion" is the enemy of civilization.
    Nothing makes sense in your post if you think about it.

    Either in non-western countries, all men are weak regardless of hardship, which just shits all over your precious theory or they are weak men created by uhm having it good which is just ignoring history, which in turn shits on your theory.

    You might want to learn a bit more about and from history.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I actually have a theory about this.

    They look themselves in the metaphorical mirror and are so horrified by what they see, that they mentally dissociate from their self-image, and cope with the trauma by projecting said self-image on others.

    It explains how they are perfectly capable of identifying what characteristics are good and evil, but they never seem to be able to attribute said characteristics to the right targets.
    Best examples for this are the memes that come up every other year of how hard their life was as children, how few rules there were and how they still managed to survive thinking they're making fun of all the rules and regulations that came up since, totally ignoring that their generation implemented said rules and regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  18. #38
    ITT: plebs who are offended my Cohen’s speech, which is spot on for non-conspiracy crazies.

    Stupid arguments as “he’s an actor” does not discredit what he says, it just shows you have no argument. Your President is “just a reality star” yet you worship what he says.

    Of course social media needs to keep their platform in check.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    The very fact that people are criticizing his speech proves his point exactly.

    People are either blind, ignorant, or evil.
    Agreed, or when they go down the “yes! Russian conspiracy collusion guys!” Road.

    Havent seen a single poster discredit what he said yet. It’s obvious that he’s spot on

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Nothing makes sense in your post if you think about it.
    Ah come on, that quotes been floating around for decades if you don't immediately see it for te utter nonsense it is; you never will :P It does make a convenient indicator that "The person who just quoted this struggles with thinking so don't bother reading much into anything they say, they certainly don't put any thought into it themselves".
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by riptor7364 View Post
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”
    What do you base this nonsense on? Could you apply it to 3rd world countries that never really see good times?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •