Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Because this game still has some lore the writers didn't take a huge dump on yet. And when they do it again, we have people like you to thank for it.

  2. #102
    Zeliek has been an undead Paladin since Vanilla times.

    If Forsaken have Priests, they can have Paladins. They'd just be major masochists for invoking the light.

  3. #103
    Undead should be druids; part of them literally became one with the earth! Lol

  4. #104
    Paladins I'll accept but druids??? No way. The undead are as anti-nature as you can get. How would they harness the powers from the source they taint with their blight juice all the time? It really makes no sense for them to be druids.

    Also what connection do the undead have with the Kul Tiran that it would make it acceptable for undead to be druids? I don't get it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Still awaiting NE paladins given what happened in the class campaign in legion.
    Yeah I'd like night elf paladins. Just like how the tauren use the sun as their light the night elves would use the moon for theirs.

    And I mean they're priests too so why not? I feel like any race that is capable of being a priest should have the option to be a paladin too. When you think about it it doesn't really make much sense for that not to happen
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Zeliek has been an undead Paladin since Vanilla times.

    If Forsaken have Priests, they can have Paladins. They'd just be major masochists for invoking the light.
    Not just masochists, they'd be on the level of cenobites.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yeah I'd like night elf paladins. Just like how the tauren use the sun as their light the night elves would use the moon for theirs.

    And I mean they're priests too so why not? I feel like any race that is capable of being a priest should have the option to be a paladin too. When you think about it it doesn't really make much sense for that not to happen
    Eh almost all Undead priests are shadow priests lore-wise but Blizzard wasn't going to lock an entire race to one spec.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  6. #106
    Scarab Lord A Chozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4,684
    It's simply not in their culture to do so:

    Paladins: The Holy Light "failed" Lordaeron once the Scourge and the crown prince - the Paladin - destroyed the kingdom, so there isn't much trust on Paladins. Only the most devout Forsaken still have enough faith to use Holy magic, after all, and those are all Priests as of now.

    Druids: Their current culture borrows a bit from the Scourge, and their undead bodies and mood don't match well with Druidism.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's simply not in their culture to do so:

    Paladins: The Holy Light "failed" Lordaeron once the Scourge and the crown prince - the Paladin - destroyed the kingdom, so there isn't much trust on Paladins. Only the most devout Forsaken still have enough faith to use Holy magic, after all, and those are all Priests as of now.

    Druids: Their current culture borrows a bit from the Scourge, and their undead bodies and mood don't match well with Druidism.
    Well, those aren't really lore conflicts. They're just cases for these class comboes being rarely seen, much like the lore of practically any race Warlock or Night Elf Mages or Gnome Priests (who actually follow the faith).

    The Forsaken should't regard the Paladin class for failing Lordaeron if they regard Paladins as a viable profession amongst other races within the Horde. And as for Undead bodies not matching Druidism - If they can take herbalism and use nature magic, I don't see why it couldn't be extended to full blown Druidism. There is also the Drust style of Druidism with wicker stuff.

  8. #108
    Scarab Lord A Chozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The Forsaken should't regard the Paladin class for failing Lordaeron if they regard Paladins as a viable profession amongst other races within the Horde. And as for Undead bodies not matching Druidism - If they can take herbalism and use nature magic, I don't see why it couldn't be extended to full blown Druidism. There is also the Drust style of Druidism with wicker stuff.
    The Forsaken's opinions on other races pratices is irrelevant for their culture - those other races will crusade regardless.

    What I pointed out weren't "lore conflicts". They are the current cultural reasons why the Forsaken don't train Druids and Paladins by default. Of course some day Blizzard can expand the lore and introduce those Race + Class combos, but until then, their culture is the biggest roadblock.

    Now that Sylvanas is gone, it's a perfect opportunity to shuffle that culture a bit.

  9. #109
    Because undead using the Light is just as retarded as undead being in tune with Nature, them being the most unnatural things possible.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I can see Paladin Forsaken eventually happening, but Forsaken Druid? Na, though the mental image of how their forms would look like its kind of cool
    Honestly there are "Rabid" or undead animal forms all over the game. If they wanted to implement some sort of twisted undead druid forms, they can easily pull it off. The justifications and the lore etc would take some effort and you know blizz wont do anything unless it is zero effort

  11. #111
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,333
    a class become available to a race after being "general" in the society, even things like warlocks, they areforbidden but tis something well know

    Forsaken society is not rly about undeads devoted and in faith of the light, regardless if there is one undead paladin.

    forsaken society is not about druidism and the protection of life and nature, how do you want then to be druids? just because the drust have their druidism, that they prob pend years developing don't mean the forsaken will be able to do so, just because the animals they turn look dead

  12. #112
    Doing away with restrictions on making your character is long overdue. Characters should have free will, and it's really just a bummer not having that basic freedom from the get-go. It's so demoralizing seeing those grey-out non-options. Really takes away the fun of making your own character when it has to be pigeon-holed into stereo-types.

    Also:
    Demon Hunter: Orcs, Draenei, Lightforged
    Druid: Human, Dwarf, Draenei, Pandaren, Blood Elf, Orc, Mag'har
    Mage: Tauren, Highmountain
    Rogue: Tauren, Highmountain, Lightforged, Draenei
    Monk: Lightforged, Worgen, Goblin
    Shaman: Night Elf, Worgen, Blood Elf, Undead, Human
    Warlock: Night Elf, Kul'Tiran, Highmountain, Zandalari, Pandaren
    Priest: Orc, Highmountain
    Paladin: Night Elf, Gnome, Goblin, Troll, Pandaren, Worgen, Kul'Tiran, Void Elf, Mag'har

  13. #113
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    a class become available to a race after being "general" in the society, even things like warlocks, they areforbidden but tis something well know

    Forsaken society is not rly about undeads devoted and in faith of the light, regardless if there is one undead paladin.

    forsaken society is not about druidism and the protection of life and nature, how do you want then to be druids? just because the drust have their druidism, that they prob pend years developing don't mean the forsaken will be able to do so, just because the animals they turn look dead
    I agree, though i still think that Paladin can be easily added to them, in the end, they do have "balance between light and shadow" as their religion, so i could see the Forsaken having 2 divisions, one light based and another shadow based

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Druids seek to balance nature while undead are perversions of the natural order.

    Of course undead are powered by unholy energy so letting them be holy priests didn't make any sense, so it's not like logic necessarily matters all that much.

    My assumption is lightforged undead will be added like Calia and that'll take care of that.
    I might remember incorrectly but I read once that it was planned that undead could only be shadow priests and other races could not take this spec.

  15. #115
    Lore is always malleable. Blizzard has adjusted, added, retconned and reflavoured established Lore when it fit their narrative or gameplay purpose. Race/Class combos really aren't any different. You can pretty much make a case for any new combination with just a few lines of text.

    Forsaken Paladins - The foundation of the Forsaken belief system was shattered when the Banshee Queen turned her back on her people. Despondent, and left with large gaps in their social and power structure, a group of zealots emerged. Claiming to be the true Champions of the Light, they demonstrate this through pain. Believing that the purifying fire of the Light that constantly hurts them allows them to burn away sin, these Paladins demand purity, purpose and penance. The constant pain of the light is a gift. Exhilarating. Addictive. There is a measure of... pleasure... that they Forsaken light wielders experience as the light burns them from the inside. Seeking to guide their less worthy brethren to a new age of Forsaken dominance, they will pay the price for glory. Gladly.

    Forsaken Druids - Death is not the opposite of life, it is merely a part of it. The Rot Lords of the Forsaken are experts when it comes to the end of life. Having studied extensively with the Tauren, they have taken their teachings and... Adjusted them. Seeing the world as a place where decay is inevitable, they espouse that it is not to be feared and avoided, but rather embraced. All creatures, great and small will eventually whither and die, and these Forsaken Druids are fascinated by the process. The natural world is filled with poison, disease and sickness, and so too are the forms that these Druids take on.

    Night Elf Paladins - Elune has abandoned them. Her warm glow is hollow and cold now. For a people as old as the Night Elves, this has been a jarring and shocking development. But within their ranks, are warriors that believe that Elune hasn't left. Rather, she is testing them. Wanting them to overcome. And that she has given them a warmth they did not previously know. Having witnessed the miracles that Humans and Draenei have done with the Light, these Night Elves believe that this is just another form of Elune's grace. The Lunar Dawn have taken some of the teachings from their Alliance friends, and adapted them to the worship of their goddess. Empowered by the holy light, they steadfastly defend their people, and encourage them never to lose hope. While some view them as misguided, even heretics, these Night Elf Paladins are strong in their convictions, and will spread the word of Elune's Holy Light to her people.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Theres one in the Paladin order hall campaign. Theres as much justification for it as undead pally at this point.

    Id sooner see Blef druids than Undead druids.
    Apart from evident size restrictions (tauren rogues hell no) everything can work with everything if slightly changed.

    Also Paladin Taurens or Blood Elves make no sense. If Blizzard was a little less lazy, it would have been enough to just rename pally taurens in sunwalkers and pally belfs in blood knights. No need to redo mechanics, simply changing spell names and icons accordingly and gg.

  17. #117
    Well seeing how there have already been UD Paladin in lore since Vanilla so that makes the most sense followed by NE Paladin.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Smoke weed every day!

  18. #118
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I agree, though i still think that Paladin can be easily added to them, in the end, they do have "balance between light and shadow" as their religion, so i could see the Forsaken having 2 divisions, one light based and another shadow based
    yep, paladin could be justified if they wish so, now without sylvanas is the best opportunity.


    Druids is rly not a way to go right now neither in a close future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •