Thumbs up If Blizzard implemented a phased Trophy Room, what would you want in it?

Some people say the downfall of Garrisons as a player housing experiment was that they were too good, replaced too much world content, and players had no incentive to leave.

Okay. Lesson learned.

But what if Blizzard combined the best of Garrisons/Class Halls/Brawlers Guild and re-imagined The Hall of Legends / Champion's Hall into a non-instanced, phased trophy room that had visuals celebrating your personal achievements and collections?

The game has spent years calling you champion. You've wielded legendaries. You're canonically a general of your faction, are on speaking terms with kings, warchiefs and racial leaders. You've amassed loyal followers and are even saluted and praised by NPCs you stride past on numerous continents. Wouldn't it make sense that the Champions Hall / Hall of Legends would include something about YOU?

The two buildings above aren't exactly "abandoned" per se, but they're certainly a pale shadow of their original incarnation as a closed-door, instanced PvP hall back in vanilla. They're clasified as a "Point Of Interest" by city guards, and when was the last time YOU even went in there? But they're close to the very heart of the Stormwind & Orgrimmar, so imagine if Blizzard implemented existing tech from Legion Class Halls AND Garrisons and converted them into a building that celebrated the "champion" of the faction (ie. YOU)?

In Legion, they introduced Class Hall Armor Racks that would show what old tier sets you collected (not just equivalents, or a few pieces; you had to have collected the ENTIRE genuine tier set). They were phased so ONLY YOU could see them and appreciate your progress, while other players running past you would only see theirs.

So the technology is there.

In Warlords of Draenor, they introduced garrison perks where you had your selectable followers casually strolling around the grounds interacting with you and socializing with each other, and even had random (or favorited) mounts appear in the Stables and random pets scurrying around the grounds.

The technology is there.

So imagine the Champion's Hall / Hall of Legends was given an overhaul like The Brawler's Guild, but like the garrison you can just walk in (no loading screen) and the building would seamlessly phase so it would show content personalized to you.

Players always disappear when they get too close to the BFA Mission Table, so the same would apply whenever you walked too close to the Hall of Legends/Champions Hall. However, with garrisons you could invite other players to a party and they would see your personal garrison layout, so the same would apply here. If you entered the building as a party, you would all see the Party Leader's trophies (but not their alts, to preserve player privacy).

But what would you, the faction "champion" and ranked General (You haven't been demoted since WoD, I assume) want to see in there?

Obviously, I have a list. The only requirement being that what's inside the hall cannot replace services found elsewhere, which means no banks, no Auction Houses, no Mission Tables, no vendors, etc. it has to be visual only, and non-interactive aside from NPC chat.

MY LIST:

• Alts casually sitting/strolling around, chatting with each other or performing generic NPC activities. (tech exists: Garrison Followers)
    • Random Pets scampering about. (tech exists: Garrison Menagerie)
    • Random/favorited mounts secured outside. (tech exists: Garrison Stables)
    • Achievements: Collections tab visuals (tech exists: Class Hall Armor racks)
    • Achievements: Reputations tab visuals (tech exists: Garrison Archaeology trophies)

So what would you want to see in your own personalized Hall of Legends / Champions Hall?

I look at the Achievements tab, and it's all just so much text. World of Warcraft is a VISUAL game and not text-based combat, so why are all our achievements just dry text with a random icon, unchanged since it was introduced in... WotLK? Wouldn't it be nice if I could just walk 20 seconds from the main AH in my capital city, and walk into a building that seamlessly phases and shows off my collections and achievements, with the bonus of seeing my alts chatting with each other, some sitting at a War Council table, and another sitting in a corner with one of my pets in their lap? All this tech is ingame already.

Remember: it can't replace anything ingame that players can and should be going to for goods and services. No bank, no AH, no mine or herb garden, no vendors... nothing except visualized recognition of achievements that provide nothing except a sense of pride and accomplishment™ that makes you feel good just by looking at it, and (more importantly for Blizzard) gives you incentive to play the game more to invest in it and build it up, making it harder for you to walk away?

It's my personal opinion that Blizzard vastly, VASTLY underestimates the number of collectors playing WoW, exemplified by the MILLIONS of downloads of collection addons like Can I Mog It, All The Things, etc. Blizzard had to be dragged kicking and screaming to implement transmog and Collections tabs and their devs are notoriously unenthusiastic about the concept. I can't help but feel they're sitting on a goldmine here, and if they would just look at all the players out there that desperately want to invest in their character instead of continuously running complex gearing systems that will be disposed and forgotten in a few patches, they would see more player retention.

It's so easy for players to walk away from the game if they can't even remember the name of the gear they're wearing anymore. But if they had a grand hall 20 seconds away from the capital city AH, and could at any time and gaze upon all they've accumulated, see all the alts they've invested in walking and talking, and all the empty spots on the wall nagging and itching them and incentivizing them to go out and farm (ie. keep playing) because you gotta collect 'em all, and it wouldn't take much dev time because ALL THE TECH ALREADY EXISTS... it just seems like a Win/Win, y'know?

But I digress. And it was good. 10/10 will do it again.

So anyway; if you could make The Hall of Legends / Champion's Hall your own personal trophy collection room... what would you want to see in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The heads of my most righteous kills of course! Unique treasures too, like the Knaifu.

A mission board where I could churn millions of gold. That would get me to max all toons and do enough content to equip the followers. Missing in BFA. Massive sub lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

A giant golden fucking statue for every shitty world/daily quest I had to do to re-unlock flying every time they arbitrarily take it away.

Waste of resource, especially when most of the "trophy" won't even be real trophy, you probably will kill Mythic Boss 1-2 expansion after it was relevant.

Nobody will ever care about your Lich King helmet or horse#21133 you obtained in 13.0.

On a Personal Level prob something for "rare" Achievements, maybe a Room full of Heads for every first Endboss kill of an Raid. Dunno a fountain of Blood if you got the Bloodthirsty AV?

Mostly "silly" stuff that just shows how much time you wasted in this Game but on a Funny level, like " thanks for playing our Game but do you see this clock? It´s shows you how much time you wasted with Fishing! or that crying Pirate there just because you thought it a good idea to grind Reputations! Now look at him you killed his whole Family! "

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'd enjoy it, I still use my Garrison often on my Main character just to chill out and do stuff, I actually enjoyed Garrisons in WoD a lot.

I got too much of a housing/Garrison vibe from your post at first, but it clicked for me as soon as you mentioned the armor stands in the class halls. Those weren't even advertised or a selling point in Legion, they were just there for us to discover. I'm definitely on board with this idea. Nothing too special or anything considered "content", just something for us to discover and work towards as a side thing.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I think if you got the achievement when the content was new something should be added.
    *if you killed LK during Wrath you get a throne made of ice at the foot of a feasting table.
    * Killed Illidan when he was the big bad? well you get the Skull of guldan in a class case.
    * Destroyed Deathwing? his jaw is your bed frame.
    * Bested the Thunder Kings? get his crown as a lightning rod on top of the building that randomly gets struck by lighting.
    and then little things that show meaning and are relevant to the xpacs story line.
    Then have some things that arnt raid based, like if you do the farm decked in MoP you get a few plots just outside the building or hugs pots to plant things in that are decorative. Menagerie from the garrison lets pets run around, and if you built the inn you get random people that show up as well
    get Trophy cases that show off the legendary items you collected in a separate trophy room or items of legend like Gorehowl or Rhok'delar

If you have a bunch of factions at exalted have NPCs from those factions show up and have lines about how you helped their people
    also let the players place things down in spots they want so each place can be unique