Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Forsaken Paladins and Druids: why aren’t they a thing yet?

Forsaken paladins have been in the game for years. Calia Menethil is a Lightbound undead.

If Kul’tirans can be druids, so can Forsaken. Death is a a part of the life cycle.

It’s time to let Forsaken have access to these two classes.
    change can't wait.

Calia's a Priest.

I'm sure they'll consider adding new race/class combos whenever they feel is strategically-wise to market.

Not sure on Undead Druids though, this is the first I've read about it. Life and death are opposing cosmic forces... I mean, gameplay-wise you can do anything, but what do Kul'tirans have to do with Undead? Kul'tirans are alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Calia's a Priest.

I'm sure they'll consider adding new race/class combos whenever they feel is strategically-wise to market.

Not sure on Undead Druids though, this is the first I've read about it. Life and death are opposing cosmic forces... I mean, gameplay-wise you can do anything, but what do Kul'tirans have to do with Undead? Kul'tirans are alive.
    Calia’s a priest, but is infused with light. And those abominations that Kul tirans shapeshifter into are barely alive.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind forsaken pallys, they can be priests and warriors, smash those two classes together and that's pretty much a paladin. To be honest at this point in the game I see no reason to keep any race from being any class.

I have no problem with every race being any class without much additional lore. For example the Tauren Paladin, I see no reason why they can't just simply be paladin whom on an individual level has chosen to follow the holy light, akin to how people in the real world change the beliefs and religion. This is more or less what was done with the draenei shaman, unlike the vast majority of their race they have chosen to work in concordance the elements.

The only issue I see with this comment is the undead druid. I think to be lore appropriate they would absolutely require that race/class skin skill idea that has been thrown around. Of course they can give them decaying plague animal forms we've already seen; but I think it would have to go a step further abilities should be set around the decay cycle and fungus. Instead of regrowth for example maybe they would have a fungal life siphon that would operate the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Forsaken paladins have been in the game for years. Calia Menethil is a Lightbound undead.

If Kul’tirans can be druids, so can Forsaken. Death is a a part of the life cycle.

The Kul'Tiran were taught by the Drust, like their cousins the Gilnean were taught by the Druids. So isn't that far out of line with established lore that they were capable of doing it.

Not a good enough excuse to say that the Forsaken should be able to just because.

Calia hasn't been an undead in the game for years, only recently.

Calia is not a Paladin.

Kul Tirans are not undead.

Yeah, shes is a lightbound Undead. Literally the ONLY ONE.

As for the Forsaken Paladins - there has literally only ever been ONE in the game. Sir Zellek, whose faith in the light was such that even once resurrected as a death knight the light did not forsake him.

So yeah, exactly two characters does not make a proud legacy for adding paladins.

As for the Kul'Tirans, while Gorak'Tul uses death magic Kul'Tiran druids do not. In fact Gorak'Tul isn't even a druid.

The druids represent the sleeping seasons, fall and winter. The time of rest before rebirth, as things become colder, nights become longer and the world waits for it to wake up in the violent upheaval that is spring. At no point does ANY druid use death magic either.

If you're operating under the premise too that because the Ardenwild has a "drust" section then you're again missing the point. The Ardenwild is the fall and winter reflection of the Emerald Dream. That it's located in the afterlife is immaterial given that it's been cannonized as the place where Wild Gods and spirits of nature go to recover as if to sleep or hibernate and prepare to come back to the Dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still awaiting NE paladins given what happened in the class campaign in legion.

I personally think every race should be able to be every class where it's physically possible. Is there some lore reason that your race's denizens lack free will or something? It's a really silly artificial barrier that just stifles creativity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade076 View Post
    I have no problem with every race being any class without much additional lore. For example the Tauren Paladin, I see no reason why they can't just simply be paladin whom on an individual level has chosen to follow the holy light, akin to how people in the real world change the beliefs and religion. This is more or less what was done with the draenei shaman, unlike the vast majority of their race they have chosen to work in concordance the elements.

The only issue I see with this comment is the undead druid. I think to be lore appropriate they would absolutely require that race/class skin skill idea that has been thrown around. Of course they can give them decaying plague animal forms we've already seen; but I think it would have to go a step further abilities should be set around the decay cycle and fungus. Instead of regrowth for example maybe they would have a fungal life siphon that would operate the same way.
    This would be part of the racial spell overlays that I would love to see implemented at some point. Thumbs up.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Still awaiting NE paladins given what happened in the class campaign in legion.
    Night elf paladins wouldn’t really work lorewise.
    change can't wait.

Calia’s a priest, but is infused with light. And those abominations that Kul tirans shapeshifter into are barely alive.
    Did you not notice all the wood in the druid forms? The only thing bone like in any of thier forms in the head and even that is tree like with branches on most of the forms.

They aren't undead they are more plant based.

Forsaken never had a connection with nature, so I don’t see why they should be able to be druids. I could see paladins happen though, especially since paladins were created in Lordaeron to fight back against the Horde and they should still have the experience to become one.

But somehow Undead paladins will?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    But somehow Undead paladins will?
    I say they don't work lore wise because all the night elves are losing their faith in Elune. Even Tyrande, the high priestess, is pissed with her. Not exactly paladin material.
    change can't wait.

people haven't cried about it long enough, that's why

Because it's weird and doesn't make sense.

You're really twisting the lore to fit your vision.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Wasn't there a night elf priestess who literally decided to roll a paladin?