Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosen View Post
    In my opinion,there is a strong argument for a Forsaken Paladin option. There could be some cool lore and visual options that mirror Forsaken Priests or have the Forsaken flavor on familiar spells.

I think Forsaken Druids would have to be called something completely different.It would be a perversion of nature to have the Forsaken turning into rotting animals. Whatever Druids tap into would not have anything to do with the undead.

- - - Updated - - -

The humans of Gilneas have been Druids.
    Gilnean druids are based on drust magic, which is death magic (also linked to the new very nature themed zone of Ardenweald, where they have established some sort of lore link to the Emerald Dream). So I don't think they'd have to be called anything different tbh.

Forsaken should be Ardenweald Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Druids seek to balance nature while undead are perversions of the natural order.

Of course undead are powered by unholy energy so letting them be holy priests didn't make any sense, so it's not like logic necessarily matters all that much.

My assumption is lightforged undead will be added like Calia and that'll take care of that.
    Except this analysis is outdated based on the Chronicle cosmology chart.

The opposite of the cosmic force "Holy" is "Shadow/Void" (nouns). The meaning of "unholy" (adjective) is unclear and is used inconsistently. There doesn't seem to be any such "Unholy" (noun) power. unholy (adjective) is just used by believers in the "Light" (noun) as anything not of the "Light".

"Undeath" (noun) also isn't a 'perversion' (this is just a subjective value judgement) its simply the corresponding "Death" (noun) counterpart to the opposing "Wild Gods" of "Life" (nouns).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    Gilnean druids are based on drust magic, which is death magic (also linked to the new very nature themed zone of Ardenweald, where they have established some sort of lore link to the Emerald Dream). So I don't think they'd have to be called anything different tbh.
    It's a bit of a jump from Gilnean Druid to Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosen View Post
    It's a bit of a jump from Gilnean Druid to Forsaken.
    How? They are both empowered of the same "Death" cosmic force.

I'd take Night Elf and Orc paladins first, please. Lightforged Undead Paladins might be a thing if that rumor ends up being true. Undead druid have a good argument now thanks to the Drust.

Forsaken Druids I don't see happening til we get Human Druids (and I mean the Stormwind variety of humans), which I don't see happening til they finally say fuck it every race can be every class (which they honestly should have done by now).

Paladin; there's honestly no reason we shouldn't have Forsaken Paladins by now. Even though Paladins are all about banishing the Undead, Forsaken are a special form of Undead that isn't quite the same. As such, they aren't even classified as an "Undead" enemy and aren't affected by Paladins'/other class bonuses against Undead as such.

So uh, yeah. Forsaken Paladins. I'm all for it... Especially when they can be Priests anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'd take Night Elf and Orc paladins first, please.
    Instead of Orc, make it Forsaken IMO.

Save Orc Paladin for the day we get (Stormwindian) Human Shamans.

... Y'know if we ever get a Cata-style Class/Race combinations update. In a, so far, classless and raceless expansion, it's the perfect time to do just that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Night elf paladins wouldn’t really work lorewise.
    Eh, if Tauren paladins work so could Elune 'Moon Knights' or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Eh, if Tauren paladins work so could Elune 'Moon Knights' or something.
    Got to admit, that does sound pretty cool. But they might have to call it Lunar Knights if they don't want The House of Mouse suing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Instead of Orc, make it Forsaken IMO.

Save Orc Paladin for the day we get (Stormwindian) Human Shamans.

... Y'know if we ever get a Cata-style Class/Race combinations update. In a, so far, classless and raceless expansion, it's the perfect time to do just that.
    I'll take it, we have so little to be excited for in Shadowlands right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You ask where Undead Druids are and you say Night Elf Paladins wont work lore wise?

Quote Originally Posted by shade076 View Post
    I have no problem with every race being any class without much additional lore. For example the Tauren Paladin, I see no reason why they can't just simply be paladin whom on an individual level has chosen to follow the holy light, akin to how people in the real world change the beliefs and religion. This is more or less what was done with the draenei shaman, unlike the vast majority of their race they have chosen to work in concordance the elements.

The only issue I see with this comment is the undead druid. I think to be lore appropriate they would absolutely require that race/class skin skill idea that has been thrown around. Of course they can give them decaying plague animal forms we've already seen; but I think it would have to go a step further abilities should be set around the decay cycle and fungus. Instead of regrowth for example maybe they would have a fungal life siphon that would operate the same way.
    This does sound cool. When I first saw the KT druid forms I immediately thought how they would fit really well if Forsaken were druids. I love the fungus idea.
    Let my cries chill the living...

The lore is shit if it assumes all members of a given race can or cannot do something.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'll take it, we have so little to be excited for in Shadowlands right now.
    Honestly that's part of what terrifies me. It's feeling a lot like the BfA reveal, except Torghast actually looks solid (though AFAIK, it's just for leggo crafting, so it's not gonna be long-term content, like the entirety of BfA).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnagan View Post
    I wouldn't mind forsaken pallys, they can be priests and warriors, smash those two classes together and that's pretty much a paladin. To be honest at this point in the game I see no reason to keep any race from being any class.
    Some classes are locked specifically because they're supposed to be rare, but would be extremely popular as players, like Undead Paladin and Draenei Warlock. I feel like the solution is to add them as unlockables like the allied races. Complete that quest in Legion where the Night Elf becomes a Paladin and then you can play as a Night Elf Paladin. So they're still rare, they don't deserve an entire subfaction like the Sunwalkers, but they exist, y'know?

- - - Updated - - -

There's a Night Elf Paladin follower in Legion.

Forsaken paladins have been in the game for years. Calia Menethil is a Lightbound undead.

If Kul’tirans can be druids, so can Forsaken. Death is a a part of the life cycle.

It’s time to let Forsaken have access to these two classes.
    Calia is a priest. But i do think a forsaken paladin is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    If they don't use holy attacks they are just members of the Scarlet Onslaught that died and are still wearing their paladin armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are warriors.
    They use holy spells, but it doesnt matter, undead paladins is lore friendly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There has been no free will undead paladins in game. Those that have been in game have been under the control of other beings. Either Arthas, Mal'ganis or Balnazzar.

A forsaken paladin would basically be a ball of agony begging to be put down being how much light hurts the undead. Calia is not forsaken style so she can't be considered the basis for one.

As for druids, it simply put in lore can not happen. Undead can not use nature/life magic that is required for druidism. Hell it is the basis for why dark rangers use necromatic. They needed a new magic source after finding life magic they could no longer use nature based magic that they could in life.
    It would be a order of martyrs, it fits with the forsaken theme and the fact they have to endure pain would make their will stronger and thus their light powers stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Forsaken/undead are evil and should not be permitted to be Paladins nor Druids.
    Not all forsaken or undead are evil... Most arent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    You ask where Undead Druids are and you say Night Elf Paladins wont work lore wise?
    I said what I said.
    change can't wait.

TBH i want nelf paladins before forsaken ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said what I said.
    I don't think you should be talking lore if you aren't familiar at all with it...

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Except if you go to Icecrown you'll see undead paladin mobs out there. Undead paladins make sense when it comes to lore since Foresaken are risen Lorderon humans which includes people who were in life a paladin. As much as I'd love to see undead druids, I don't see how they could be argued for in terms of lore. This all would change if one of the Allied Races become the undead Night Elves like Sira.
    That's technically what the Deathknights we play as are - undead Paladins.

It's reflected in their spells "Death and Decay" is a death version of Consecration. Rise Ally is a death version of "Redemption" etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Gnome Druids.

If we have Gnome Priests, we should have Gnome Druids.

Think of the cute little animals. ;_;

Because this game still has some lore the writers didn't take a huge dump on yet. And when they do it again, we have people like you to thank for it.