View Poll Results: Would you pay $21 to change the biz model of the game.

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would pay but I know others would not.

    25 13.89%
  • Yes, I would pay and I think most would be on board.

    13 7.22%
  • No.

    142 78.89%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    I'd guess it's micro-transactions
    In Blizzard's case macro transactions, because their prices are everything but micro.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  2. #42
    The fact that you even have to ask this question is a great example of everything that is wrong with today's "HURR DURR MICTOTRANSACTIONS ARE THE MOST EVIL THING IN THE WORLD" crowd. In order to have less OPTIONAL things in the shop, you would rather force people to pay more for basic access to the game? I can't understand this backwards logic, and I don't even want to try...
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

  3. #43
    The whole $15 a month thing was started by everquest in the 90's when server hosting cost a heck of a lot more. If anything they keep a larger percent of that $15 a month than they used to. Also a huge portion of their income is all the faction changes, realm changes, race changes, and other cash shop items. So they are making even more money than ever and could be f2p if it wasn't for the lol game dead stigma attached with going f2p.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I prefer optional non p2w micro transactions over mandatory extra fee every month. People having shiny mounts/mogs that I don't really doesn't impact my gameplay as much as having 6 less $ per month without feeling rewarded for it lol
    The counter argument is what you would think if that extra $6 went into making content that you could play and work towards, rewarding those same shiny mounts/mogs.

    Every item that's on the cash shop is one that could be a reward for actual in-game play instead of swiping the credit card. It's not even as though Blizzard needs the extra revenue to keep the game alive. It's purely, 100% exploiting whales for greed.

  5. #45
    What makes you think paying an extra $6 means we get to have a say on how the game is designed?

    We have a say by subbing or NOT subbing. That's it. (or moan loudly on forums)
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

  6. #46
    My thought is that i pay 10.99 euros a month for FFXIV.

    So, no. Not even close. They don't even deserve the 12.99 euros. It's such a bad game nowadays.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-24 at 01:15 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    Why have to pay for WOW subscription at all nowadays? Servers are cheap and cost nothing to run. You literally pay 3x over for game content and get nothing on top of a 2-year box payment. So you pay 3 games worth content and get minimal reused stuff and think its acceptable at all to increase the price? No reason that the game has subs anymore other than you fools will pay for it. I make money off you guys regardless but this is just mind-blowing how foolish you guys truly are.
    Ummm...

    "Servers are cheap and cost nothing to run"?

    There's reality, and then there's where you are.

    The kind of servers Blizzard use to run WoW on are incredibly expensive to run. There's the servers themselves, and all the replacement parts to keep them running. You think a company like Blizzard is just going to sit around and wait for a new server to arrive when one goes down? No - I'm sure they have dozens in storage that they can roll out and get up and running in case of failures. Then there's the power costs - how much do you think it costs to run your computer 24/7/365? Well, multiply that by the dozens of server blades they have running. Then there's the bandwidth costs and internet costs to keep those servers online and delivering content to your computer. Not to mention the rent or mortgage payments on the buildings they're stored in, and the cost of the fire suppression systems, and the UPSes, and the other security features that keep them safe. And then there's the salaries of the people that build them, and run them, and keep them updated, and repair them when they fail...

    This isn't your best friend running a Minecraft server in his basement, dude. This is an infrastructure. If servers are so cheap and cost so little to run, let's see you host a few at your house. Should be a piece of cake, right?

    There's only one fool around here.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The counter argument is what you would think if that extra $6 went into making content that you could play and work towards, rewarding those same shiny mounts/mogs.

    Every item that's on the cash shop is one that could be a reward for actual in-game play instead of swiping the credit card. It's not even as though Blizzard needs the extra revenue to keep the game alive. It's purely, 100% exploiting whales for greed.
    Tbh i have so many mounts that idgaf anymore. I ecen kinda feel they should start giving something else as cosmetic reward for stuff because I don't even feel motivated to get cool mounts. But it is a fair point nonetheless, if content came out more frequently, I'd be willing to consider a slight increase in price

  9. #49
    The Patient ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    266
    I wouldn't pay. The business model is perfect for me
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

  10. #50
    The $15 hasn't increased but it's also a remnant of an era when servers cost something to maintain back before all these practices and models turned mainstream, so it's difficult to cite inflation when operating costs have decreased in conjunction.

    Any increase wouldn't change anything.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Ummm...

    "Servers are cheap and cost nothing to run"?

    There's reality, and then there's where you are.

    The kind of servers Blizzard use to run WoW on are incredibly expensive to run. There's the servers themselves, and all the replacement parts to keep them running. You think a company like Blizzard is just going to sit around and wait for a new server to arrive when one goes down? No - I'm sure they have dozens in storage that they can roll out and get up and running in case of failures. Then there's the power costs - how much do you think it costs to run your computer 24/7/365? Well, multiply that by the dozens of server blades they have running. Then there's the bandwidth costs and internet costs to keep those servers online and delivering content to your computer. Not to mention the rent or mortgage payments on the buildings they're stored in, and the cost of the fire suppression systems, and the UPSes, and the other security features that keep them safe. And then there's the salaries of the people that build them, and run them, and keep them updated, and repair them when they fail...

    This isn't your best friend running a Minecraft server in his basement, dude. This is an infrastructure. If servers are so cheap and cost so little to run, let's see you host a few at your house. Should be a piece of cake, right?

    There's only one fool around here.
    While i agree with the "servers aren't cheap"-part, it's neither the "extra parts" nor the power nor the internet connection that makes them expensive. It's the people running them 24/7/365 and solving problems within mere minutes. I bet more than 80% of Blizzards infrastructure costs are for staff. Every outage costs a lot of money, and people resolving them do too. Source: I work in a huge data centre.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2019-11-24 at 07:34 AM.

  12. #52

  13. #53
    I honestly wouldn't pay Blizz another red cent
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  14. #54
    With all the stuff that gets added in the store, they should lower the price to 10$ instead.

    And about servers, they should really start fusing the very low pop servers, they culd probably cut 30+ servers just like that.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Tbh i have so many mounts that idgaf anymore. I ecen kinda feel they should start giving something else as cosmetic reward for stuff because I don't even feel motivated to get cool mounts. But it is a fair point nonetheless, if content came out more frequently, I'd be willing to consider a slight increase in price
    Exactly. It doesn't even necessarily have to be mounts. The art team could make different colors for existing gear, or new xmogs, or dances. Whatever.

    The point being that it's something players could be playing the game to unlock instead of swiping the CC.

    And before anyone says it: the gold token is a cop out. Yes, it's nice that it's there as an option. But really we should be seeing specific rewards tied to specific accomplishments instead of hardcore gold grinding.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Calm down, no need to throw a tantrum!

    I'm completely aware of that, it's just that at the moment I / we are talking about Blizzard :P
    Blizzard Defence Force employees are rather adamant about protecting the reputation of their employer.

  17. #57
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    33,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Calm down, no need to throw a tantrum!

    I'm completely aware of that, it's just that at the moment I / we are talking about Blizzard :P
    But tantrums are so nice, especially when it is late here and I had a few drinks too much. Usually ends with me being infracted, so it all evens out

    Apologies

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Blizzard Defence Force employees are rather adamant about protecting the reputation of their employer.
    Technically that should work two ways. You know...there never is a middle ground or somebody is just offering food for thought. All there is is "haters" and "fanbois"

  18. #58
    I believe a lot of people - especially those with an unhealthy relationship with the game - actually would continue to play even if it went up to $21. It's one thing to not want to play on principle because you disagree with the increase, but for 95% of people having to pay $6 more a month would not mean their banks have been broken.

  19. #59
    ...So you want to increase the price everyone pays because of optional items people buy? You're making a lot of assumptions based on what that would do for the game. Some people really can't get it out of their heads that MTX aren't evil.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

  20. #60
    Yeah please no. I'd rather pay for p2w mtx. They should start selling gear. WQs are so boring.

    ilvl 440 gear set for 150$? Sure. I'd pay that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •