Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

    Ok, sure, yeah.
    Skeletal rig baby yeeaahh
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,600
    so wait, you're saying that the yellow and red tinge around their eyes should have disappeared when they were raised into undeath? if they had that tinge there when they were alive why would it suddenly disappear when raised into undeath. it's the skin around their eyes, not their eyes themselves. on an additional note, who cares? the only way that you would even notice such a thing is if you xmogged the helm away and zoomed in to check.

  3. #23
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Everything about the new DKs is lazy as fuck.

    No DK customization options like decaying skin etc.
    No DK voice reverb. (could be a bug)
    No intro quest of any kind. Not even a short one. Just a 1 minute cutscene.

    But please pre-order! It's a bonus!
    My mechagnome DK has voice reverb so this is either something on your end or a bug with the race you're playing.

    Otherwise I largely agree. When they said an updated DK intro for the allied races, I thought we would get something along the lines of the old one but with a less 'BE MY WEAPON OF TERROR' slant.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Archmage Xaxxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so wait, you're saying that the yellow and red tinge around their eyes should have disappeared when they were raised into undeath? if they had that tinge there when they were alive why would it suddenly disappear when raised into undeath. it's the skin around their eyes, not their eyes themselves. on an additional note, who cares? the only way that you would even notice such a thing is if you xmogged the helm away and zoomed in to check.
    Lol no no..

    Okay so, for VISUAL effect only, so that it looks natural, the Lightforge Draenei and Dark Iron Dwarves have what would be a Layer of faded Yellow or Red paint AROUND the eyesocket.

    It SHOULD be blue now. It's not in the skin, it's representation of Light refracting off of the skin from the eyes.
    I too am a passionate member of
    For Azeroth!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Lol no no..

    Okay so, for VISUAL effect only, so that it looks natural, the Lightforge Draenei and Dark Iron Dwarves have what would be a Layer of faded Yellow or Red paint AROUND the eyesocket.

    It SHOULD be blue now. It's not in the skin, it's representation of Light refracting off of the skin from the eyes.
    Night elves have a similar problem. The diffuse Texture around the eyes is darker to counter the old glow but they did not change that with the new so now they are extremely dark around there which gives them an almost skullish look.

    All in all a terribly half arsed implementation of an unfinished technique that nobody asked for.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    My mechagnome DK has voice reverb so this is either something on your end or a bug with the race you're playing.

    Otherwise I largely agree. When they said an updated DK intro for the allied races, I thought we would get something along the lines of the old one but with a less 'BE MY WEAPON OF TERROR' slant.
    Hopefully its a bug then. But it probably won't get fixed as they've pulled all resources onto Shadowlands.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Archmage Xaxxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Hopefully its a bug then. But it probably won't get fixed as they've pulled all resources onto Shadowlands.
    The new DK/Race combos are pretty much a Shadowlands feature though, funnily enough.
    I too am a passionate member of
    For Azeroth!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    The new DK/Race combos are pretty much a Shadowlands feature though, funnily enough.
    I wish people would stop saying this shit.

    If it's released in this expansion. It's a feature of this expansion.

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire Archmage Xaxxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I wish people would stop saying this shit.

    If it's released in this expansion. It's a feature of this expansion.
    Log into a base Battle For Azeroth copy of the game, and try to make Pandaren or Allied Race Death Knights. Can you? Nnnnope.

    Gotta buy World of Warcraft: Shadowlands before you get Early access to that feature, which is then being dispersed among all players come 9.0.

    Sounds like a Shadowlands feature.
    I too am a passionate member of
    For Azeroth!

  10. #30
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Hopefully its a bug then. But it probably won't get fixed as they've pulled all resources onto Shadowlands.
    Yeah that's not how game development works. They don't go 'eh fuck BFA there's no turning back' - not only is BFA still the current expansion, but they hotfix bugs from prior expansions all the time, literally all the time.

    For instance December 20th, 2019:

    Karazhan Chess Event
    Players once again are always rewarded with loot after defeating this encounter. The encounter no longer sometimes incorrectly resets after players defeat it.


    They hotfixed an 11 year-old raid. So spare us the 'all resources are on Shadowlands' nonsense.

    Some of y'all need to stop pretending like you have this intimate and thorough understanding of Blizzard game development, because you don't.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire Archmage Xaxxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord
    Posts
    422
    So this is how the Dark Irons look ingame right now:



    this is how it should look..




    Easy peasy. All it needs is a Color Selective adjustment on the base texture. It's not "New DK skins for Allied Races" it's adjusting the "light" effect that shouldn't be the colour it still is.
    I too am a passionate member of
    For Azeroth!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •