Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation 8.3 PTR - Dark Iron & Lightforge Death Knight Eyes Unfinished/Lazy

The Dark Iron Dwarf and Lightforge Draenei have baked in textures around the eye socket that are an indication of their respective Yellow and Fiery eye glows.
    However these textures are not edited/updated for the new DK BLUE eyes.

Evidence:
    On the Lightforge Draenei, you can make out this yellow blur surrounding the eye, and on the Dark Iron Dwarf you can clearly see the dark red to illuminate the eye socket.
    Dark Iron:
    Lightforge:

Now the Death Knights on PTR
    Dark Iron:
    Lightforge:

One can clearly make out the off-tint surrounding glows in the DK specimens.
    While passable as "edgy/bloody" on the Dark Iron, the Lightforge's yellow tint looks entirely like a glitch.

The Worgen however, recently updated, do NOT have this problem. As seen here.
    Worgen Red Eye Glow:
    SAME FACE Worgen Death Knight:

No red to be seen on the DK iteration, and this is an example of a well executed texturing.

I hope the Dark Iron's and Lightforge are fixed, because it's not a stylistic choice. This is an oversight.

I downloaded PTR again just to post about this so don't let us down
    Love you Blizzard!

Spread the word somehow folks. Should we tweet? This kinda stuff shouldn't make it in. Posted on official forums too
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2019-11-23 at 08:16 PM. Reason: bolded the "Love you Blizzard!" because I accidentally made the thread seem a bit on the offensive. Not my aim
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

It's good to point them out in case someone overlooked them, but going on the offensive over it seems a bit much considering Blizz already said they're going to be working on the updated eyes over several builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    It's good to point them out in case someone overlooked them, but going on the offensive over it seems a bit much considering Blizz already said they're going to be working on the updated eyes over several builds.

My bad didn't mean to be on the offensive.

But to the bold quote, they said they are not giving the Allied Races DK skin textures, which this glow is a part of. So it makes me wonder if they have any intent on fixing it.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2019-11-23 at 08:17 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Bumping because they PUT THEM INGAME like this.

Ya'll thought I was playing? No, this is the Blizzard of 2020 I guess.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

Okay? Go make a thread on the forums then.

Ion plays Horde and they don't give a shit about Alliance. Horde get a shiny new race while Alliance got a reskinned gnome model branded as a new race. FO

This has been the case for a while, though.

Maybe they'll fix it, maybe they don't. We'll have to see.

No one thought you were playing, no one cared. Your thread had one reply.

I hardly thought they were gonna add DK exclusive skins on AR this patch, but I am a bit hopeful they will do so on Shadowlands with the customization revamp.

They were only raised recently, it will take some time for the suntan to change colour :P

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No one thought you were playing, no one cared. Your thread had one reply.
    This reflects more on people than the contents of the thread.

This is one of the most blatant mistakes I've seen ingame that got a thumbs up at some point, as in it's not an accidental glitch or something.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Of all the issues with this patch, this is a truly weird hill to die on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serves you right for making the abomination that is a Lightforged Death Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ion plays Horde and they don't give a shit about Alliance. Horde get a shiny new race while Alliance got a reskinned gnome model branded as a new race. FO
    Hate to be the one to tell you Vulpera are basically fuzzy Goblins.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to be the one to tell you Vulpera are basically fuzzy Goblins.

Ok, sure, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most lazy arent't DK eyes. It's a real shame that they fucked up all non DK glowing eyes!
    I'll write a bug report about that every day until that is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Of all the issues with this patch, this is a truly weird hill to die on.
    Is it? It's a pretty blatant graphical error, I don't see what you're getting at. Fancy glowy-bits aren't making the yellow or red ambient-glow on the eyelids any less noticeable. It's a damn shame, and people should hold a higher standard than -that.- Allied Races have been slacked on sure, but this is seriously just a "Meh" attitude on Blizzard's behalf at this point. No way it hasn't gone noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    har har, only I don't. This is just a glaringly obvious mistake, one that nobody seems to intend to fix. I couldn't miss it, how could anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    The most lazy arent't DK eyes. It's a real shame that they fucked up all non DK glowing eyes!
    I'll write a bug report about that every day until that is fixed.
    Well that may just be their new intended style for eyes. It might be broken though, I did notice that.

However, what leads me to believe it's intentional here is the previous presentation of Night Elf and Blood Elf eyes with the new 8.3 glowing-eye-tech in recent cinematics.

Wait can I post a link to the WoW Forums or is that a no no? yowza
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-01-16 at 02:17 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Everything about the new DKs is lazy as fuck.

No DK customization options like decaying skin etc.
    No DK voice reverb. (could be a bug)
    No intro quest of any kind. Not even a short one. Just a 1 minute cutscene.

But please pre-order! It's a bonus!

3+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wish they added DK skins too, and gave Zandalari more noticeable eyes
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Go to Blizzard forums and bitch about it then? Blizzard don't give a shit about what some guy writes on a 3rd party site.

For the record, what's wrong with Dark Iron? Looks fine as is (my main is a recently race changed Dark Iron Death Knight)
    I have made a thread there, was hoping people would choose to care about the visual quality of their game (Considering how many pay thousands on their computers for visual coherency.), and share in going to the forums themselves and posting on my thread.

It's about outreach.

Edit: And to answer your question about the Dark Iron, I agree it's the better of the two if we are left this way. The thing is, that faint reddish/orange colour around the eyelids is for the basic Dark Irons Fiery eyes, not icy cold blue eyes. This is the same with the Lightforged. So yea it looks kinda cool on the Dark Iron, but as a pair- they're blatant woopsies.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Everything about the new DKs is lazy as fuck.

No DK customization options like decaying skin etc.
    No DK voice reverb. (could be a bug)
    No intro quest of any kind. Not even a short one. Just a 1 minute cutscene.

But please pre-order! It's a bonus!
    Right, but a lot of this is lack of Additional features, not mistakes.(Save DK voice, that's also a slip up I didn't know about.) Therefore understandable.

However the surrounding glow I'm pointing out is just leftover Yellow/Gold glow for the Lightforged or Red/Fire Glow for the Dark Iron, BAKED INTO their Skin textures.

So, nobody thought to maybe just use a Color Selective effect on the textures and adjust them for DK's? No way. It doesn't go without being noticed, it got a pass. Which is just so silly, I mean look at it.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-01-16 at 03:15 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Ok, sure, yeah.
    Skeletal rig baby yeeaahh
    Looking marvelous in velvet.