View Poll Results: Would you quit?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want these changes and will keep playing!

    59 20.63%
  • I don't care either way.

    91 31.82%
  • I would be consider quitting.

    40 13.99%
  • Total BS, I would quit right away!

    48 16.78%
  • Reeeeeeeeee

    48 16.78%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    What if, tomorrow...
    * Paladins were given a taunt.
    * Mana issues were "fixed" to lessen the "hybrid" tax.
    * Respec costs were lowered.


    Hypothetical, of course. I'm not endorsing or rejecting anything.

    (Edit: "I would be consider quitting" is, ahem, a cultural thing, you uncouth swines!)
    TBH once naxx is out then idc if they do stuff like that. But if they did it tomorrow I'd be upset, but honestly I'd still keep playing.

    However Blizz won't do it, because they won't get anything out of it. They should and will have their focus on making the current version better rather than to appeal to a version of the game that is meant to be as close as to the original as possible. If anything we'll see TBC classic in the near future and not a bastartised version of vanilla.

  2. #62
    For me the absolute deal breaker would be cross realm grouping because that's what demolishes the community.

  3. #63
    Warchief Mrbleedinggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    All Jalapeno Face
    Posts
    2,185
    On the paladins I think a good "stealth" buff without giving them a taunt (since otherwise it'd be 3 taunt classes for Alliance, 2 for Horde) would be to increase the threat that they can do. You can give shamans a threat and DR buff to their stone guardian totem thing to give them a similar "non-taunt" tank. Honestly, if consecrate did much less damage for Prot paladins and cost much less mana, but gave a much higher (think warlock-level) threat build it would be fine.

    For hybrids, I would have loved to have played my boomkin I do in retail but until the pre-BC patch (Dark Portal) they're just terrible due to lack of mana talents and terrible gear itemization. I really wish they would have made them somewhat viable..
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    classic would've been better if they made more than 5 specs viable. nobody wants to commit to a class they know is shit and will be shit forever.
    If by "viable" you mean "the best"...? My MC raid group has had feral druid, ret palas, and even a fire mage. Is it the best? No. Fortunately, classic has been so brain-dead easy (so far) it really doesn't matter. Sorry if you are someone who can only play the best of the best instead of just playing what's fun. And if you can't play what's fun because you won't get groups then you need to reach out and find some different players. Not every guild is one who checks meters and cares about having the "best" comp.

  5. #65
    I'd support that because I'm not interested in museum piece, I'm interested in slow paced social MMORPG.

    Fixing class balance issues would be welcome change. Classic is already nothing like Vanilla was because too many rolled FOTM classes, knowing strengths and weaknesses of each class and spec before playing and coming to Classic with retail "gogogo cleave-cleave-cleave" mentality.

    However I disagree with respec costs. They are fine. No need to change to cookie cutter spec for every encounter. Its what I consider convenience - too much convenience leads to Cataclysm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    For me the absolute deal breaker would be cross realm grouping because that's what demolishes the community.
    Same. Or any queue system. Or anything account-wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

  6. #66
    Leave classic as is, classic+ shouldnt be a thing. Classic was created to satisfy the people begging for it for years. Just because youre inconvenienced or playing a class that isnt the meta doesnt mean the game has to change. Go play retail for convenience.

  7. #67
    Legendary! jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    I would on the contrary be extremely happy and would keep playing Classic for a long, long time, if they added Crusader Strike, taunt and a mana returning talent to Paladins.
    As would all Paladins, to the detriment of everyone else.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  8. #68
    Y'all wanted Vanilla, play Vanilla.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    classic would've been better if they made more than 5 specs viable. nobody wants to commit to a class they know is shit and will be shit forever.
    That was called TBC, or well that was Blizzards first try at balance. It took another expansion for them to get close to what could pass as balance today though.

  10. #70
    its been violated already many times. prime example : dancing troll village runecloth droprate nerfed massively.

    I unsubbed after i did a couple MC since its not vanilla. It is a completely different exp than it could've been.

  11. #71
    Paladin's should not have a taunt in Classic.
    Mana issues should be a thing for all classes with mana in Classic, should not be changed.
    Respec cost was not an issue then and I don't think it will be one now; I respecced 2-3 times per week back then and expect to do the same now.

  12. #72
    Probably, just because it'd be an indication that they're willing to make huge changes to core gameplay mechanics and that's a slippery slope.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    On the paladins I think a good "stealth" buff without giving them a taunt (since otherwise it'd be 3 taunt classes for Alliance, 2 for Horde) would be to increase the threat that they can do. You can give shamans a threat and DR buff to their stone guardian totem thing to give them a similar "non-taunt" tank. Honestly, if consecrate did much less damage for Prot paladins and cost much less mana, but gave a much higher (think warlock-level) threat build it would be fine.

    For hybrids, I would have loved to have played my boomkin I do in retail but until the pre-BC patch (Dark Portal) they're just terrible due to lack of mana talents and terrible gear itemization. I really wish they would have made them somewhat viable..
    As both a Horde player and a Shaman alt user, I don't think it's necessary to give Shamans a taunt to "even" out the situation. There was no true "balance" between factions in Vanilla and that's what made it unique to pick a side. I really think this argument is one of the silliest when it comes to "fairness." Factions were better when it wasn't just "are you red or blue?" I think both sides are fine with having Shaman and Paladin and whatnot in retail, but the focus on racial and faction balance has really moved away from any interesting picks.

  14. #74
    I would actually return to Classic if they tried to improve the game.
    Right now, a poorly designed product on top of a very unsavory community has made the game dramatically less fun than BFA.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  15. #75
    There is not one single #nochange voice. So, it's more complicated than "Asks for Vanilla, asks for changes, lul."

    Purist - thinks Vanilla was perfection. Changes makes it less than perfect.
    Nostalgic - wants to revisit an era. Changes taint the museum piece.
    Never-Dids - Played Tbc or later and wants to see what the fuss is about. Changes deny that opportunity.
    Slippery slopers - vanilla is better than retail. Some. Changes might be OK, but would rather have no changes than a slippery slope.
    Missed it first timers - I was a noob back then. If you make changes it will ruin the challenge this time around.

    Before one paints the #nochange crowd as a single voice, remember the opinions are more nuanced.

  16. #76
    I don't understand OP's question. Classic is already very different from Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    In the end the success of classic means just the blizzard was right since years, people want easy LFR mode.

  17. #77
    I don't and wouldn't care.

    I wouldn't mind adding the AOE loot immediately, that's for sure!

    Plus, there is no doubt that BC will come out in probably late 2021 early 2022 at this point so all of these things will be addressed then.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    I don't understand OP's question. Classic is already very different from Vanilla.
    The game itself isn't very different. The player base is. Big difference.

  18. #78
    No because #nochanges was already violated
    No collusion. No obstruction.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    What if, tomorrow...
    * Paladins were given a taunt.
    * Mana issues were "fixed" to lessen the "hybrid" tax.
    * Respec costs were lowered.


    Hypothetical, of course. I'm not endorsing or rejecting anything.

    (Edit: "I would be consider quitting" is, ahem, a cultural thing, you uncouth swines!)
    nochanges was already violated. launch on 1.12 was a huge change, launching on the improved dungeon/MC itemization was a huge change. classic is already very different from vanilla . that being said, if they made any balance changes that werent in vanilla, yeah, id probably quit.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    I don't and wouldn't care.

    I wouldn't mind adding the AOE loot immediately, that's for sure!

    Plus, there is no doubt that BC will come out in probably late 2021 early 2022 at this point so all of these things will be addressed then.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The game itself isn't very different. The player base is. Big difference.
    Its also the last few months of vanilla instead of the first two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    In the end the success of classic means just the blizzard was right since years, people want easy LFR mode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •