Poll: Would you quit?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There is no "violation" of #nochanges. Blizzard never promised #nochanges.
    If they make ANY QOL changes, then you Classic fanboys need to admit classic isn't as good as you remembered and is actually, objectively the worst version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Hahaha. All these discussions. It's as if Classic isn't actually that good. (Because it isn't. Remove your nostalgia goggles.)
    I get what you are trying to do, and best of luck with it. However, you REALLY need to improve your material - its 2/10 kiddie level stuff at the moment, and if anything is a bit cringe. Keep at it though, you'll be E-Famous any day now for sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer of course is, "it depends".

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    If Paladins get a taunt why shouldn't resto druids can a standard res?
    Most moronic comparison ever.

It has been violated at the point where they announced that Classic would be based on retail client.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    lots of classes are shit. hybrids cant dps. hunters scale bad. warriors get to be the best dps and tank. atleast in real vanilla you could say "one day i might get buffed" but in classic it will never happen. you either play something that's known to be OP like everyone else or get memed on for playing a shit spec.
    hybrids are support or heal....hunters dispel enrage,but heh I do understand the feeling of in vanila you atleast had hope haha,reminds me of the hope i had that wod may actualy end up having content at one point before it ends lol

If they make ANY QOL changes, then you Classic fanboys need to admit classic isn't as good as you remembered and is actually, objectively the worst version of the game.
    Saying that one prefers Classic over Retail is not the same thing as saying everything in Classic is perfect.

For me it boils down to the change violating the spirit and authenticity of vanilla WoW. A good example is how Blizzard used the new client and converted it down instead of the full old school client. Yes, it was a change and it has some ripples that bounce around but it intends to keep the game as close to what it was as possible. So this is a change I don't mind. But if they did something like changed all the class specs and abilities to balance it out, for example, it would be something that alters the whole game away from what Classic was. This is the type of change I wouldn't accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already made QoL changes though...

- Able to send multiple mail attachments
    - Right-click to report
    - Some UI Improvements here and there

Stop trying to act edgy by blanket terming all classic players as 'Fanboys'. Plenty of people enjoy Classic SPECIFICALLY because it lacks a lot of the QoL of expansions. You know, it's not illegal for other people to like other stuff to you. It doesn't make them 'fanboys'. It just makes them people who like other stuff to you. Get off your high horse and accept this simple fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is already vastly different to how it was back in the days.
    lots of MC encounters have bugs that weren't there (Ragnaros, Garr, Golemagg).

Holy priests are still bugged and can gain massive +healing boosts by respeccing before raiding.

World pvp is way different now, due to people knowing how to more efficiently farm honor, and due to the servers being huge, compared to back in the days.
    Not to mention MC and ONY not being tuned for 1.12, and being cakewalks right now.

I would be fine with minor changes, up to even implementing Dual spec. I would not be fine with LFG/major class changes, etc.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I said before and I will say it again: I am happy for them to implement ALL the TBC changes, a select few from WotLK and leave it there. So anything that falls under this category is fine by me. If that means they do it as Classic + or TBC Classic or whatever, then so be it. In the meantime I am still enjoying Classic for what it is (imo): an enjoyable game that has both lots of unfinished/half-baked aspects and lots of great ones too.

Nah. Anything that would make the game more interesting without fundamentally changing the core gameplay would work for me. Things I wouldn't mind seeing at all:

- Under-achieving specs tuned up
    - Pally taunt
    - LFG queue that puts the group together (and nothing else)
    - Dual spec

I'm also in the camp of people who'd prefer to see new, customized content for Classic+ and not a release of historic expansions a la Everquest's TLP servers.
    Last edited by Atomic Punk; 2019-12-01 at 07:11 PM.

I wouldn't quit, but I'd be peeved. I played Vanilla and liked it, I wanted to play it again. Now I get to. If they want to change it, they should release a new server with those changes. Then you can still play Vanilla, or you can play Vanilla+.

Hopefully going forward, they adopt this and keep at least 1 server up for each expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

I picked REEEEE. I am in the #nochanges camp but that sounded okay.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    What if, tomorrow...
    * Paladins were given a taunt.
    * Mana issues were "fixed" to lessen the "hybrid" tax.
    * Respec costs were lowered.

Hypothetical, of course. I'm not endorsing or rejecting anything.
    If anything, that would actually make me consider playing. Literally everyone I know that started Classic and has quit already did so because of the amount of shitty mechanics and bad game design choices that Vanilla was full of still being in what could possibly be a great game because of Idiots screaming about #nochanges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    No, because I feel that they should use Classic as the springboard for a WoW 2 and fix the mistakes they made. Class balance is not one of them.
    Class Balance was at its worst point in Vanilla.

How about you let the ppl who made this possible have what they wanted instead of a weird version of it?

Have some respect.

I would be disapointed in blizzard for caving under the complainers for sure. But i woulden't quit.

If they changed the game from Classic I would quit. I can accept the content release being different than it was.. or it being in the new client.. but if they changed the classes or how stats worked I would be done. Classic is for people that enjoy Classic. Not people that don't enjoy Classic and want it to be Classic+ because they are sick of playing BFA or something. The current expansion is there if you want things that way. Go enjoy it. I enjoy both. Its fine!

If you start making custom class changes, it would open the floodgates for endless demands from the playerbase. The entire Classic community would devolve into hysterical bickering about class balance and what my class deserves and your class is already OP. Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    You're pretty silly and close minded to think that classic+ instantly means retail. There's a LOT that makes retail what it is. I happen to like both, but classic is its own game, that was never 'finished,' and to pick up and fix some things would not be a bad thing short of people captitalizing on the few OP classes or spouts "no change" just to spike classic players.
    but the moment you start making some changes, the QQ squad will want more changes. i signed up for classic. an authentic vanilla wow recreation, or as close to it as you could get. i did not sign up for classsic +.