Poll: Would you quit?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Would you quit if "#nochanges" was "violated"?

What if, tomorrow...
    * Paladins were given a taunt.
    * Mana issues were "fixed" to lessen the "hybrid" tax.
    * Respec costs were lowered.

Hypothetical, of course. I'm not endorsing or rejecting anything.

(Edit: "I would be consider quitting" is, ahem, a cultural thing, you uncouth swines!)
    Last edited by Moor Shadows; 2019-11-23 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Typo

I wouldnt mind it too much i guess.
    But then again i'd go nerdrage why Bosses are still immune to fire and shit

classic would've been better if they made more than 5 specs viable. nobody wants to commit to a class they know is shit and will be shit forever.

Yes because if I wanted to play retail I would play retail.

No, because I feel that they should use Classic as the springboard for a WoW 2 and fix the mistakes they made. Class balance is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Yes because if I wanted to play retail I would play retail.
    You're pretty silly and close minded to think that classic+ instantly means retail. There's a LOT that makes retail what it is. I happen to like both, but classic is its own game, that was never 'finished,' and to pick up and fix some things would not be a bad thing short of people captitalizing on the few OP classes or spouts "no change" just to spike classic players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    I wouldnt mind it too much i guess.
    But then again i'd go nerdrage why Bosses are still immune to fire and shit
    And this highlights the issue of "fixing" classic.

If Paladins get a taunt why shouldn't resto druids can a standard res?
    If resto druids get a standard res why don't the other healers have combat resses?
    If the hybrid tax gets taken away then why are mages and warlocks dealing with fire immune bosses in MC and BWL?
    If respec costs get lowered why don't we just have dual spec?

Everyone has a different idea of what is "needed" to "fix" classic. Just leave it as is and let people who want all the QOL changes play retail.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what the changes were, but generally I don't think I would.

Personally I wouldn't mind changes, but it's not about that. It's not about me and you.

A lot of people have been fighting for many years to be able to play Vanilla wow again and it would be extremely disrespectful to those people if changes were made.

I'm not one of those people, but I respect how much effort they have been putting in throughout the years to get the game back that they love.

So no, I wouldn't quit the game if changes were made, but I think it is a completely wrong and disrespectful move. Even though I don't share the same desires as other people, I still respect them.

I will forge my opinion from that streamer guy Asmonsomething something,

LoL......what a one sided poll - i am SHOCKED to see such bias from the classic community. The fact is the "#NoChanges" movement was never a thing, and still isnt. What it REALLY was = #JustTheChangesILike #JustMyChanges

It was always just something people hid behind to try and push an agenda. Blizzard have tried to keep the game close to 2004, however it has already undergone extensive changes before release, and a few minor ones since.

Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    What if, tomorrow...
    * Paladins were given a taunt.
    * Mana issues were "fixed" to lessen the "hybrid" tax.
    * Respec costs were lowered.

Hypothetical, of course. I'm not endorsing or rejecting anything.

(Edit: "I would be consider quitting" is, ahem, a cultural thing, you uncouth swines!)
    Eventually there has to be some changes and updates and I think by then the community will be ok with them as long as hey don't drift too far from classic. What too far would be is another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I will forge my opinion from that streamer guy Asmonsomething something,
    This guy gets it lol

There are absolutely legitimate reasons to not want to see changes to Classic. That being said, screeching out #nochanges and then plugging your ears and going "lalala" is not one of them.

No changes, if you want balanced wow go to retail. Classic should stay "poo".

The game launched with changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What part of the "no" in "no changes" is so incomprehensible to you? No means no.

That would be an extremely childish reaction, but hey, the game would probably be better off with them leaving anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    it depends. I can see changes that would be fine, no big deal (mail not taking 1 hour etc). But if you go too far it's not classic anymore. There aren't too many single changes that would take us over that line but a lot of modest changes will.

To me, the bigger point is this - people who cry about needing changes aren't the ones who really wanted Classic anyway so why cater to them? People knew pally tanks didn't have taunt... so why roll a pally wanting to tank, *level it* then whine about the lack of a taunt?

Even if you didn't play vanilla, all of this info was available.

I would go play on private servers again.