Poll: Would you quit?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I already quit because of early phase 2. But I will return in a few months and hopefully find some guild which wants to start to progress in MC. In case of "changes" I wouldn't play this game other than finishing all quests.

Though I'm completely OK if they would launch different servers with different rules. Call it Classic+ and let me play Classic as much as I want.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-11-27 at 04:03 PM.

I think making major class changes would be a slippery slope, which is my only real concern. I dont overly care one way or another

A lot of hardcore people I know are quitting right now, because the game isn't #nochanges enough, it's quite sad that some french guys in a basement did vanilla better than classic tbh.

If you pick out certain changes and it ended with that, most people wouldnt be to bothered about. The problem with it is that once they start doing changes, where would it stop? There are so many things people would like to change in current classic, small and big things. If you change one thing, why not the other?

So essentially you are asking for TBC

I abandoned my priest at lvl 14 lol, I'd be tempted to come back and give the new content a go if there was classic.

It's a slippery slope. Today paladins get a taunt. Tomorrow cross realm CRZ LFG is added.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    And this highlights the issue of "fixing" classic.

If Paladins get a taunt why shouldn't resto druids can a standard res?
    If resto druids get a standard res why don't the other healers have combat resses?
    If the hybrid tax gets taken away then why are mages and warlocks dealing with fire immune bosses in MC and BWL?
    If respec costs get lowered why don't we just have dual spec?

Everyone has a different idea of what is "needed" to "fix" classic. Just leave it as is and let people who want all the QOL changes play retail.
    Honestly, RDruid having a normal res would have little to no impact on anything. It's pretty annoying to have a healer that is incapable of doing a normal res. It has no reason to exist as such. There's no counterbalance achieved by keeping them without one. For Bres, outside of the talent for RSham in retail, RDruid continue to be the only healer with BRes, so I don't see why anyone would even think other healers would need Bres. I agree, hybrid tax, while annoying, is actually quintessential to the experience. Respec costs are as well, however, they could easily tweak them to be oh so slightly less punishing, such as slightly faster decay or a 35g cap instead of 50g. Neither of those would remove the functional punishment frequent respecs have, while making them just a touch less restrictive.

I get it, a lot of people fear the slippery slope, but if blizz committed to only things like giving Rdruids a normal res, or other things that have 0 impact on combat, economy, community, etc, it wouldn't really change the Classic vibe we have right now.

I still think Blizzard should keep the #nochange until Naxx and a couple of months after that, do a fresh server with #allthechanges, classic version 1.14. Keep the spirit of classic with no LFG and LFR but fix most of the dps classes to be competitive and druid to be able to tank and heal (they seem to be lacking a bit) as good as any other. Sadly, since Paladin cannot be Horde and you just cannot make Shaman tank, Paladin tank might not happen. But everything else that can enhance wow classic without spoiling it need to be added, group finder (nothing automatic, only the listing part), the new guild finder, all the quests and FP they added to the game before Cata and 2.3 XP! That would make a great Classic 2.0.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Why does everyone make biased polls?
    You have one "positive", one "neutral" and three "negative" options.

I can't really answer the poll because there is no "I am against it but I would not quit" option. Reasonable people don't react to the extremes you guys on here do.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    classic would've been better if they made more than 5 specs viable. nobody wants to commit to a class they know is shit and will be shit forever.
    no class is shit lol,not all specs are amazing,but every class has its place,some in greater numbers in a raid than others however,you dont want more than one feral for example

The main underlying problem with making changes is that it proves the developers were right when they said that "you think you want it, but you don't".

But yes, we are about to hit one of the 2 unavoidable snags in Classic after the initial launch.
    The opening of Ahn'Qiraj, which will be something only a small percentage will get and which will be unavailable shortly afterwards. Compounded by the existence of the small amount of guilds that have jumped far ahead in raiding, and the small amount of servers.
    And Naxxramas, after which there is nothing to look forward to in Classic, and we get to see how the community handles the infinite drought.

Naxxramas especially i imagine will be the prelude to far more questions from the community regarding the future of Classic.
    It will certainly be interesting if nothing else.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

*Snip*

Actually, nevermind, can't be assed arguing this point.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2019-11-27 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Why does everyone make biased polls?
    You have one "positive", one "neutral" and three "negative" options.

I can't really answer the poll because there is no "I am against it but I would not quit" option. Reasonable people don't react to the extremes you guys on here do.
    I missed this option as well. I don't "want" it, but it wouldn't ruin my experience with a few changes.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no class is shit lol,not all specs are amazing,but every class has its place,some in greater numbers in a raid than others however,you dont want more than one feral for example
    lots of classes are shit. hybrids cant dps. hunters scale bad. warriors get to be the best dps and tank. atleast in real vanilla you could say "one day i might get buffed" but in classic it will never happen. you either play something that's known to be OP like everyone else or get memed on for playing a shit spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    What if, tomorrow...
    * Paladins were given a taunt.
    * Mana issues were "fixed" to lessen the "hybrid" tax.
    * Respec costs were lowered.

Hypothetical, of course. I'm not endorsing or rejecting anything.

(Edit: "I would be consider quitting" is, ahem, a cultural thing, you uncouth swines!)
    There is no "violation" of #nochanges. Blizzard never promised #nochanges.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    You're pretty silly and close minded to think that classic+ instantly means retail. There's a LOT that makes retail what it is. I happen to like both, but classic is its own game, that was never 'finished,' and to pick up and fix some things would not be a bad thing short of people captitalizing on the few OP classes or spouts "no change" just to spike classic players.
    The ppl who asked for this wanted classic with no changes.... Blizzard is not going to make 25 different versions of Classic so... please shut up so those ppl, the ones who MADE IT POSSIBLE can play their beloved game in peace. I dont even play it... just have some respect for them and stop saying "classic+". Remove it from your vocabulary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still boycotting them over their non-apology for being PRC mouthpieces, but if I wasn't, while I wouldn't be happy about those changes I wouldn't quit in a huff over them.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Hahaha. All these discussions. It's as if Classic isn't actually that good. (Because it isn't. Remove your nostalgia goggles.)

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    lots of classes are shit. hybrids cant dps. hunters scale bad. warriors get to be the best dps and tank. atleast in real vanilla you could say "one day i might get buffed" but in classic it will never happen. you either play something that's known to be OP like everyone else or get memed on for playing a shit spec.
    This is an interesting perspective, and one that i share. When playing a 'broken' class in vanilla, it always felt like just a matter of time before you would have a chance to play the class / spec you wanted to. But with classic, we know it will be at least a year if not years before anything changes - thats a long time to play a broken spec that performs at 30% compared to other specs.

I know a lot of people who rushed to 60 in classic and then quit, and have parked their 60 until future developments are announced - if its Classic+ (which i REALLY doubt) then i suspect they would use that opportunity to re balance things. If it is BC (which i think it will be) then we know class balance dramatically improves. Is it perfect? god no - but for the vast majority of classic players (extremely casual) the improvements will be huge.