Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Okay so if you are only interested in two games, how is it not worth $10, compared to access to one game WoW for $15? How is that getting less? Not to mention the service still offers a hundred other options, MANY of which are AAA, well rated games. How is that still less value than access to WoW? Explain it to me.
    So 1 or 2 games for $10 is not worth all that you could do in a month of WoW? The problem is you are rating WoW value low versus a single player games. You keep mentioning "offering hundred other options" when that is just a perception of value. Those games are low value. Age of empires 2? WoW. A game from 1999 makes it so worth even paying $10 a month to play.

These low subscription game passes are also not sustainable for developers. How does a developer make any money? I would be surprised if they are not operated at a loss. And the money is made by keeping players in the Xbox or PS ecosystem. And from subscribe and forget auto payments.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I don’t blame them. If I had idiots like you as my demographic I’d charge it too.
    If by "idiots" you mean "people who are gainfully employed", sure. I'm sorry that people buying cosmetic items that you can't afford in a video game makes you so angry.

No matter what form of entertainment you're interested in, there's going to be a "spend more money, get x perk" option. Concert tickets? Meet and greets. Sport event? Box tickets. It's a fact of life, and if it means that we get more content (or any content, realistically) then I'm all for it.

Because they know their mindless fans will suck that shit up. They take advantage of them and the people love it. Any person capable of thinking and actually values their money will say that the in-game store is overpriced crap. Especially in a game where you already spent money to get the game/expansion and the subscription on top of that. It's really irritating seeing this kind of business continuously being supported by people who mindlessly piss their money away.

Whatever makes people happy I guess. Too bad it has to come at the expense of others.

Agreed, it's total BS.

After classic they decided to take the direction of aiming everything at growing kids which is fine just don't ask me to play it or return to retail ever again.

They do it because they can. People will pay for it and make them a lot of money for doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sure I don't, but if I wanna stay competitive with mounts....Your prolly just some 14k achieve point casual player, so you play the game differently compared to me.
    "Competitive with mounts", I loled way too hard, then I realized you might be serious.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    "Competitive with mounts", I loled way too hard, then I realized you might be serious.
    ...Again, read the last few words in my sentence. Some like Pepsi, some like coke...what do I know. Mounts is also something people grind for...You clearly dont give a fuck about collections in games so go back to your shooter
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

...Again, read the last few words in my sentence. Some like Pepsi, some like coke...what do I know. Mounts is also something people grind for...You clearly dont give a fuck about collections in games so go back to your shooter
    So grind it bruh, IDC if you want to spend 2 tokens on a horse.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Ah right, because REAL Warcraft fans have to buy/grind every mount ever made by Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah right, because REAL Warcraft fans have to buy/grind every mount ever made by Blizzard?
    ....Your a casual player at the very least compared to somebody who grinds a lot in a game. And thats fine, you can be a fan, but some people like most of the games content.

And yes I know my type of player is not a majority, prolly mythic raiders are more common. In WOD (last time a proper website exsisted for it, dont like the current once on the net) if you had just was it..20k, or 25k nerd points you we're in top 50.000 in the world. So I imagine its the same thing again where only 50-100k players in wow properly grinds in this game.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Even their new Alpaca & plushy pet sale for charity is dubious...

First they say 100% of the sales go to the charities...BUT at the end says if the sales surpass 3 million dollars, Blizzard will get the rest of the money.
    Like...what the hell? Why?

That is so...doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Even their new Alpaca & plushy pet sale for charity is dubious... First they say 100% of the sales go to the charities...BUT at the end says if the sales surpass 3 million dollars, Blizzard will get the rest of the money. Like...what the hell? Why? That is so...doubtful.
    What is dubious about that? 100% of sales are going to the charity until a certain requirement. In the past it was just a date. Now it includes a monetary amount. Big deal. It is still a lot of money that a charity will have when they otherwise wouldn't.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What is dubious about that? 100% of sales are going to the charity until a certain requirement. In the past it was just a date. Now it includes a monetary amount. Big deal. It is still a lot of money that a charity will have when they otherwise wouldn't.
    But why?
    I dont understand........why make "business" out of something that is supposed to be a selfless act of kindness?
    Why not 100% of the sales go to charity?

But why? I dont understand........why make "business" out of something that is supposed to be a selfless act of kindness?
    Why not 100% of the sales go to charity?
    The same reason why you are trashing them for something that is supposed to be a selfless act of kindness. Because they can. Very few fundraisers are open ended for all of eternity. It could be something that is imposed by the charity itself. I know my local store has several donation drives and they work for the charity for duration and times instead of just having it year round.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Damn shareholders
    I hate it as a gamer, but I'm totally guilty of buying shares. Dark China money? Don't mind if I do!
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I'm talking about utter crap like:
    -store mounts
    -character boosts
    -"get this now before it's too late and we arbitrarily remove it"
    -purchasable cosmetics
    -whale targeting
    -cute fox people

I mean yeah sure it allows Activi$$ion Bill$$ard to rake in more money but it damages the integrity of the game. You'd expect to see crap like this in games like League of Legends and all of those billions of mobile "clash of clashes" clones. Not a monthly-sub based game like WoW.

Listen up, Kotick. If you want to suck $$$ out of your hapless victims then by all means do so but do it in a separate mobile game that is clearly designed to bleed the whales dry. Leave WoW alone and let us have our fantasy RPG.
    Integrity left when Activision took over. Blizzard is now a AAA gaming company and that includes being beholden to the shareholders and nobody else. As long as we keep paying, they'll keep doing whatever rakes in the $$$. Why do you think they are sprinting for the China market as fast as they can? The culture there is way more accepting of F2P/P2W.

If you don't like it your choices are to switch to games more in line with your views on gaming or keep contributing to the problem.

The same reason why you are trashing them for something that is supposed to be a selfless act of kindness. Because they can. Very few fundraisers are open ended for all of eternity. It could be something that is imposed by the charity itself. I know my local store has several donation drives and they work for the charity for duration and times instead of just having it year round.
    What?

The charity sales are only up until dec 31. The charity ENDS on Dec 31.
    The thing is...every single donator has no idea if they are supporting Blizzard or the actual charity "at this point"

If u buy an Alpaca NOW, am i supporting Blizzard? Or the charity? We dont know.
    The only way to make this "cool" is if Blizzard creates a "live" money earned counter for us to see how much money they made atm.
    To stop donating when the cap is reached...

The charity sales are only up until dec 31. The charity ENDS on Dec 31.
    The thing is...every single donator has no idea if they are supporting Blizzard or the actual charity "at this point"
    Do you know what the current date is? That is how you tell where the money is going to at this point. The cap is not going to be hit in less than a day. And it doesn't even matter if the you know when the cap is hit or not. You buy it if you want it and your money will go to a charity. If you don't want buy it then don't. You can always donate directly to a charity where you don't know how much money is going to the charity, a head hunter, or to the charities overhead costs.

Why are you concerned with making charity donations cool? Just donate or do not. Don't try to ruin someone actually trying to get people to help out when they otherwise might not simply because you are a scrooge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    My analogy was spot on. Your membership/subscription gets you exactly what you signed up for. Optional things (mounts or yoga) are not required to perform at the highest level of the game. If I want to fly on a special looking mount then I can buy it. If I want to get into yoga then I can pay for it. It is exactly the same thing because both are optional and do not have any bearing on what you subscribed for.
    Sorry for the late response making these million-dollar money moves recently.... Your analogy is not correct. You just stated that you pay for a service. This in your initial quote or what im paraphrasing is wrong. Everything you pay for at the gym should come with the gym. You pay 15 dollars a month. If a new piece of equipment (a mount) comes in are you expected to shell out more money just to have the opportunity to use this new piece of equipment? The answer is no. You have an option to use any piece of equipment at any time assuming the place is open once you pay a fee. You see imagine if a GYM would try to get away with that? They wouldn't Th. I have noticed gamers are very low people who are easily walked on. The fact that you defend or promote your idea is sad in itself. Anyhow though I do get where youre coming from. Just please think about sides of the topic before replying if you do.

Do you know what the current date is? That is how you tell where the money is going to at this point. The cap is not going to be hit in less than a day. And it doesn't even matter if the you know when the cap is hit or not. You buy it if you want it and your money will go to a charity. If you don't want buy it then don't. You can always donate directly to a charity where you don't know how much money is going to the charity, a head hunter, or to the charities overhead costs.

Why are you concerned with making charity donations cool? Just donate or do not. Don't try to ruin someone actually trying to get people to help out when they otherwise might not simply because you are a scrooge.
    What the hell kind of position are you having on this?

You buy it if you want it and your money will go to a charity
    Incorrect, if the limit is met, my money goes to Blizzard.

Why are you concerned with making charity donations cool?
    I dont want it to be "cool".
    A charity is a charity, ALL money should go to the charities. WHY have the cap of 3 million? I simply dont understand!
    Am i crazy? Why have a cap?
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2019-12-03 at 10:56 PM.