Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But im "triggered" in a lot of different ways:

1) Ruined an otherwise selfless act to be 100% pure. Its like seeing something "perfect" being ruined.
    2) Inserts doubt and uncertainty in everyone by the end of the month (am i giving money to whom exactly?) this could very much ruin the charity
    3) when you said people are buying the pet and plushy MOSTLY for the items and not for the cause
    But it only got ruined because of the arbitrary rules you've given Blizzard for their own act. No charity is going to be ruined because someone is uncertain if their money is going to Blizzard or the Charity. Because that Charity would not have gotten that money in the first place if they only want to make sure they get something from Blizzard with out Blizzard getting something from them.

Everyone that is donating money through Blizzard is doing it because they are getting a something in return. Because that is how the Blizzard charities work. You donate to get something. Otherwise they could have just donated the money with out adding Blizzard to the equation. People can buy it for both reasons but don't be naive to think that they are only doing it for the cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    This project was because of our complaint that they are not pulling in their numbers. The hours spent on making this is pathetic. I and others would rather have full team effort on the next expansion. Im not going to explain anything further. Im heading offline for a week or two so ill respond then. You can defend them all you want, youre just a silly goose. Either way though i make money.
    See this is how I know you are full of it. Blizzard did not release this charity pet because you complained about the money they were generating. Blizzard has done charity pets every year for a while. The 3 million cap is also above what previous charity pets have generated. So not only are you lying and full of it your make believe investment group is telling Blizzard bad advice.

As for your post history there is this gem https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...is-sinking!!!-)

So you and your company invested millions of dollars into stock after you knew the stock was sinking. You've also talked about how the ceo should slap and beat the crap out of an employee. Yep sure are a great investor that knows what the company should do. You have also said the expansions are duds since Warlords of Draenor. So why have you and your company invested millions in duds? Exactly. But kudos on committing to such a grandiose tale.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-12-04 at 04:47 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You are trying desperately to justify blind cynicism of Blizzard. I get it. You don't trust them. FWIW, I don't really trust them as much as I used to either. But being upset over this is a bit over the top, imo. There are better things to criticize Blizzard for doing, this just reeks of petty cynicism for the sake of being cynical.
    Im neither a Blizzard shill or a Blizzard hater.
    If you follow my posts i CONSTANTLY either support Blizzard or am against them. Every single day, back and forth.

You will not find in my post history a 100% rate in either "hate" or "shill"

I make my own opinion on every single case, every single time.

This is supposed to be a charity. Its a sacred thing, its supposed to be beautiful, IMO there is no need to ruin something beautiful.
    I understand it probably wont reach the cap and im only nitpicking...but if thats the case...more reason for the cap to not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Mounts have been in the shop since Wrath.
    ...funny thing about this part is you can ALMOST call the wrath mounts (in the days before account wide mounts) an actual p2w thing...since the sparkle pony was a huge money saving perk for alts since having this you didn't actually HAVE to buy a mount ever

then cata came in made mounts account wide and it wasn't a thing anymore

The question should be one of these, or both:

Why wouldn't they and why shouldn't they? Who knows, maybe they use that money to develop expansions, patches so in the end they will get both more money and make more content. It's a win win.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Very interesting point no one seems to whinge about the FFXIV store, yet they can't wait the wade in and lambaste the WoW store..
    It's almost like you're on a site devoted to WoW (or at least Blizzard games), and not an FFXIV one. Weird, right?

Im neither a Blizzard shill or a Blizzard hater.
    If you follow my posts i CONSTANTLY either support Blizzard or am against them. Every single day, back and forth.

You will not find in my post history a 100% rate in either "hate" or "shill"

I make my own opinion on every single case, every single time.

This is supposed to be a charity. Its a sacred thing, its supposed to be beautiful, IMO there is no need to ruin something beautiful.
    I understand it probably wont reach the cap and im only nitpicking...but if thats the case...more reason for the cap to not exist.
    Man, I hate to be the one to break it to you but there's nothing overtly "sacred" about charities. The Susan G Komen Foundation comes to mind, though it is hardly the only nor is it the worst offender.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell kind of position are you having on this?

Incorrect, if the limit is met, my money goes to Blizzard.

I dont want it to be "cool".
    A charity is a charity, ALL money should go to the charities. WHY have the cap of 3 million? I simply dont understand!
    Am i crazy? Why have a cap?
    If you dont want to buy because you are terrified that your money might end up in Blizzard's pocket then dont buy. It really is that simple lad. Not for me to say if you are 'crazy'. Cap exists for reasons, want to know those reasons, maybe you should make the effort to contact Blizzard corporate.

- - - Updated - - -

Your sense of morality and professionalism is all over the place....IMO

Its a cha-ri-ty- A charity.
    You understand that it is a charity.

The "giver" wants his/her money to go to a charity.

By implementing a "cap" you create doubt and uncertainty...on a friggin charity, to the consumer.
    There is already an end date of the charity (Dec 31), so why have on TOP of that a cap that makes the rest of the money to go to Blizzard?
    Why do you say on your post "not everything has to be for all eternity"? WHen the charity ends on Dec 31?

All im saying is that it makes no sense, its unprofessional...and its debatable if is even more than that.
    Squeaking incessantly that its wrong and 'unprofessional' while being so lazy you expect Blizzard hand deliver your money to the charity is pretty rich. Take the initiative and go give your money directly to the charity. There is absolutely nothing that is stopping you from doing that, you do realize this, dont you?

- - - Updated - - -

If Blizzard made 6 million dollars on this charity, how would you react?

Simple as that. Try to use morality and professionalism on this example.
    You gave money to Blizzard, once it leaves your hands it is no longer 'your' money, its Blizzard's money. What they chose to do with it really and truly up to them. You no longer have a say. period. It's crystal clear that you dont care about the charity, otherwise you would give your money directly to them, yet its clear you DO care about bashing Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, we have different opinions then.

just for my exiting thoughts.
    The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) is UK's regulator of advertising. They apply the Ad Codes, written by the Committees of Advertising Practice (CAP)
    And in their "Charity Section" they say this:

https://www.asa.org.uk/news/four-top...vertising.html

And Blizzard says on their first sentence:

Only to give the full information on an asterisks about the "cap"

Dubious...IMO
    Blizzard made it clear what the limits were... nothing 'dubious' about their actions... however, your actions and motivations, are dubious.

- - - Updated - - -

You are calling me "unreasonable" for wanting every single person on planet earth who donates to this charity to make sure his/her money is going to the actual charity and not for Blizzard.

Ok then

In my eyes is "unreasonable" on Dec 30 a person feeling doubt and uncertainty if his/her money is going to the kids or for Blizzard.

Im just a hater...
    There is no use rholrle...our realities are different and our brains think in different ways...

This doubt and uncertainty is unnecessary...and has the potential to actually hurt the charity.
    Oh please, there is no universe in which a 3 million dollar donation harms that charity... none.... You rant and howl about wanting to make sure that the money is going to the charity and not Blizzard... the solution is tragically easy... give the money to the charity and not to Blizzard... How hard is that for you to grasp?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I have no problems with the store. I don't mind if BLIZ wants to offer a few extra mounts, or glamour items for additional cost if it helps fund the game. I haven't bought any of them myself but I was in favor of them adding buyable cosmetics into D3 if it would help renew interest in working on the game via causing it to generate a new income source. I might even buy a pair of wings or something if they did do that and there was a pair I liked. Prices in the store are a bit steep though, I'd more take offense with the pricing than the store itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I'm talking about utter crap like:
    -store mounts
    -character boosts
    -"get this now before it's too late and we arbitrarily remove it"
    -purchasable cosmetics
    -whale targeting
    -cute fox people

I mean yeah sure it allows Activi$$ion Bill$$ard to rake in more money but it damages the integrity of the game. You'd expect to see crap like this in games like League of Legends and all of those billions of mobile "clash of clashes" clones. Not a monthly-sub based game like WoW.

Listen up, Kotick. If you want to suck $$$ out of your hapless victims then by all means do so but do it in a separate mobile game that is clearly designed to bleed the whales dry. Leave WoW alone and let us have our fantasy RPG.
    So many people don’t understand this. I’m going to explain.

Your sub is still $14.99. That has never changed. But everything else has gone up in price, so it costs developers more money to keep the persistent online games running.

We all know that WoW peaked in Wrath. The amount of servers never decreased, but the amount of players has. And people who have been there a long time are getting paid more and more because of the annual bonus most corporate employees should get. So where does that money come from?

They needed to add an extra source of revenue to keep our beloved game afloat. If it wasn’t for the cash shop and paid services, Blizzard would be even more garbage than some people think it is right now. Or, it would be dead.

Ever wonder why when you go to a movie nowadays, there are a jillion more effing commercials before the movie? And I don’t mean previews, I mean ten minutes of gatorade commercials and shit like that. Why? Well my movie ticket is still $10. Yet my seats now recline and have a table that swivels in front of me. The concession stand now offers full fledged meals instead of just popcorn. All this shit costs money, and the extra revenue from the commercials helps offset the price so it doesn’t fall on the consumer.

I am right there with you to bitch and yell about corporatocracy bullshit and the fall of humanity for the all mighty dollar. But if you want to continue with your fun distractions like video games and movies, you have to accept that this is better, not worse, for you.

Times have changed. Either adapt or move on, but don’t come here complaining about a working system. I’d like to keep playing WoW, tyvm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    I have no problems with the store. I don't mind if BLIZ wants to offer a few extra mounts, or glamour items for additional cost if it helps fund the game. I haven't bought any of them myself but I was in favor of them adding buyable cosmetics into D3 if it would help renew interest in working on the game via causing it to generate a new income source. I might even buy a pair of wings or something if they did do that and there was a pair I liked. Prices in the store are a bit steep though, I'd more take offense with the pricing than the store itself.
    I agree with the last sentence. I’d buy a ton more race changes if the cost was $10. Hell they can keep the name change separate. FF14 race change is $10 and I do that shit weekly.

Double false.
    1) The information is on an asterisk and not in the original sentence of the advertisement
    2) The "consumer" has zero idea if at this point he is giving Blizzard money OR the charity

Im not "just hating" i think, IMO, is dubious, when the COSUMER has no idea where the money is going at this point.
    Unless they have a counter...like this site:

https://teamtrees.org/
    none of their previous charity pet came even closer to 3m, so if you buy the sheep in december it goes to the charity, unless this ugly pet is best selling charity pet they ever make, in which case the charities still get 3m...

For more money? Kinda obvious is it not.

Companies nowdays don't care about integrity, reputation, Opinions of the games population etc etc, They don't make a good game for the players to enjoy. They make a game to make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    For more money? Kinda obvious is it not.

They make a game to make money.
    This is and has always been the case... Anyone that tells you a game company doesn't care about money is lying.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This is and has always been the case... Anyone that tells you a game company doesn't care about money is lying.
    Yeah, but back in the good ol' days they diden't care to nickle and dime everyone for every single penny.. But then they realised that they could get away with ingame stores in the games then they just started to add em every where.. even in single player games.. Makes me sad

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but back in the good ol' days they diden't care to nickle and dime everyone for every single penny.. But then they realised that they could get away with ingame stores in the games then they just started to add em every where.. even in single player games.. Makes me sad
    Paid character services, TCG loot cards, books, apparel, Collectors editions, Recruit a friend. Yep sure. Back in those good old days when there was no easy scapegoat.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, back in the good old days nickels were made of wood too. And you also had to live with your choices or re-roll... dont like your server? re-roll... dont like your race? re-roll... Dont like how your character looks? re-roll...

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Blizz has to please stockholders which means they need to show consistent revenue growth. All sub based games lose subs over time so in order to show consistent growth, they employ methods such as the digital shop.
    This again. I really don't think ATVI shareholders (majority being institutional investors) care about the sale of a Alpaca mount, the cash shop, WoW or even Blizzard as a ATVI business unit.

They care about the overall health of the company (ATVI) overall trend of the market (tech stock) and if they actually ever look at the details, they'll be staring at ATVI's biggest cash cow: Candy Crush (order of magnitude larger than all Blizzard products together).

I have ATVI stock - through my pension plan. When I look at how my pension funds are performing, I don't really care about WoW cash shop. Blizzard doesn't have to please stockholders. You can't even hold Blizzard stock.

Because the sheep are willing to get shorn, and subscribers are willing to fork over even more money.