Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    So... honestly I don't have anything against the upcoming expansion Shadowlands. But fucking seriously... we waited all this time with this shitty expansion for the coming of the old gods and black empire... And all we got is some invasions and a raid... disappointed to say the least...

I mean... In legion we atleast went to argus which was a whole different zone + the raid... I thought blizzard would would make some more effort with the whole Old god theme... If this is the last we get with the Old god N'zoth and the black empire... Then I have lost much hope.

I REALLY hope they will surprise me and they got much more content with the black empire... Becuse If it's simply a raid and nothing more... wow... And what about Ny'Alotha????
    Did you really? All the old gods except N'Zoth were dead dead. The Black empire has not existed for 10,000 years or longer. N'Zoth was imprisoned until relatively recently. There was no possible scenario where the BE would be a large enough force to warrant anything more than a raid zone really. This is really a desperate N'Zoth trying to play a pair of 2s as if he has a royal flush.

Argus should have been its own expansion - instead they finished the war against the LEGION (the conflict behind all of the WC RTS games!) in the weakest patch of Legion and went for a shitty faction-split/no-content expansion next that was about....nothing in particular.

Black Empire should have been its own expansion - instead they finish the Old Gods (one of the most interesting story archs of Warcraft) in a single content patch that does not even have a dungeon added. Not even a rehashed dungeon.

See a trend here?

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore behind the old gods is intriguing, but they aren't the masters, the void lords are. I really want an expansion involving them which I'm sure we'll get in time. The old gods, as powerful as they are, are pretty much henchmen for the void lords.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I personally wish we just got more bfa instead of the shadowlands and the black empire was just a patch. I’ve loved Dealing with Azeroth problems again and seeing places in Azeroth get updated. I don’t want another realm or massive old god focus I just want more of what got me into the game and that’s the Azeroth it self and the places on it.

Lets completely forget the fact that we haven't even played the patch yet. Still going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Pre BfA: Nyalotha, sleeping city of the old gods, deep beneath the waves, lies the remnants of the Black Empire, home of slumbering faceless ones and unimaginable horrors, to enter is to invite madness into your mind

Post BfA: ITS JUST A DIMENSION LIKE THE EMERALD DREAM LOOOL
    In all seriousness I did feel the Black Empire was a bit more dimensional considering their inherent void powers. So this news isn't entirely a retcon, but damn feels fragmented and piecemeal for such a buildup over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    They wasted too much of the expansion on the faction battle. The last, I dunno, 3 patches should've be completely Old-God.
    Queen azshara was old god w/ faction conflict involved.

After 8.2 faction conflict was the side-story to the main entree.

Pre BfA: Nyalotha, sleeping city of the old gods, deep beneath the waves, lies the remnants of the Black Empire, home of slumbering faceless ones and unimaginable horrors, to enter is to invite madness into your mind

"just" a dimension? There'd be absolute nothing wrong with it being "just" a dimension if a dimension wasn't "just" a raid.

Shadowlands is essentially "just" a dimension.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I would have liked more N'Zoth and less Sylvanas as well, but oh well. I personally doubt that even IF we kill N'zoth the Old Gods will not reappear. As someone already said Xala'tath is out there and already promised a reunion and there is Alleria too who might be having a directly line to the Void Lords.

Besides in the grand plan of things the Old Gods were only ever flunkies of the Void Lords. They are only "gods" because they declare themselves to be, they are much like Il'gynoth simply sentient tumors sent to grow and overtake the soul of our planet. That is why their plans rarely involve our collective extinction (contrary to whatever Sylvanas is up to). We are not their enemies, they see us as servants willing or unwilling, but they feel no hatred towards us.

In fact I believe that N'zoth very much wants to stop Sylvanas and by defeating him, we prevent him from doing that. It would have been incredibly cool if we could make a pact with him at the end of BFA to fight Sylvanas and her Jailer BFF with the power of the Void. If indeed the Light has made a pact with Death (the enemy of all) then the Void making a pact with Life (represented by us) would have been a sweet deal.

If people get to be Sylvanas loyalists I feel we should be allowed to be N'zoth loyalists with our own story line
    It'd be interesting if the defeat cinematic we get actually turns out to be a vision (fits the theme), and N'Zoth ends up living.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    8.3 will arguably be the greatest patch on retail. If you take time to analyze everything being brought to 8.3, then you'd see that it's easily the largest content update in WoW history.

I'm looking forward to it.
    They can have a large patch with incredibly dull content.

The size of the patch means nothing, the quality is what matters.

More disappointed than Argus or Nazjatar? I'm used to it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Queen azshara was old god w/ faction conflict involved.

After 8.2 faction conflict was the side-story to the main entree.
    Well, that would've been a good pre-patch intro to them, then.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    8.3 will arguably be the greatest patch on retail. If you take time to analyze everything being brought to 8.3, then you'd see that it's easily the largest content update in WoW history.

I'm looking forward to it.
    I see no reason why 8.3 is going to be the greatest patch. It has some cool ideas but in the end.
    More bad RNG gear systems
    Another long system grind to replace the current long system grind
    Invasions...again
    Horrific visions sound cool
    Amazing looking raid

In what way is this better than 8.2 was?
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I see no reason why 8.3 is going to be the greatest patch. It has some cool ideas but in the end.
    More bad RNG gear systems
    Another long system grind to replace the current long system grind
    Invasions...again
    Horrific visions sound cool
    Amazing looking raid

In what way is this better than 8.2 was?
    It brings the end of BFA even closer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    So... honestly I don't have anything against the upcoming expansion Shadowlands. But fucking seriously... we waited all this time with this shitty expansion for the coming of the old gods and black empire... And all we got is some invasions and a raid... disappointed to say the least...

I mean... In legion we atleast went to argus which was a whole different zone + the raid... I thought blizzard would would make some more effort with the whole Old god theme... If this is the last we get with the Old god N'zoth and the black empire... Then I have lost much hope.

I REALLY hope they will surprise me and they got much more content with the black empire... Becuse If it's simply a raid and nothing more... wow... And what about Ny'Alotha????
    The raid is ny'alotha and what ive seen. Its literally the size of an actuly zone.

I am going to have to say that we are not done with the old gods much like we were not done with the legion back in the burning crusade

Let's face it after we beat the big bad in the raid they're still whispers that players with the gift get talking about how their Master can't be dead because it's still there and Elyria after we defeat the last old God says that there are more whispers now

So what if destroying the forms of all of the old gods it's a bad thing

What if it's allows them to gather more power

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Did you really? All the old gods except N'Zoth were dead dead. The Black empire has not existed for 10,000 years or longer. N'Zoth was imprisoned until relatively recently. There was no possible scenario where the BE would be a large enough force to warrant anything more than a raid zone really. This is really a desperate N'Zoth trying to play a pair of 2s as if he has a royal flush.
    Yeah and thats why I hope we won't kill him(rather banish him temporarily) and Xal'atath comes back and stir things up! Thats why I said I hope blizzard will surprise me! When we come back from the shadowlands the whole world is changed and the black empire has finaly risen!

That headline reminds me of a clip from some movie.. hmm

Take note: any other take than this is just deluding yourself.

C'thun and Yogg-Saron are defeated, while Y'Shaarj is dead, killed by the Titans and as a result of pulling the old god apart, it made The Well of Eternity, a deep wound filled with the arcane blood of Azeroth. So by that standard, we casting some low level magic and poking some old gods with swords and arrows, its not gonna kill it to put it simply. I dont think we "kill" N'zoth completely, but that he has a bigger agenda behind all his plotting and deceiveing. I think N'zoth has a part to play in us making an artifact neck, and his agenda is to be "killed" by said artifact, resulting him getting "cleansed" or "uncorrupted (as we see the old gods)", and get his soul sent to the Shadowlands to start his corruption there. He is not killed because he has tied/saved some bart of himself in a relic of some kind, that makes him survive.

Just wait for it OP, it will be revealed that N'Zoth was an emo piece of shit who WANTED to be killed and go to Hell because the Void corrupting the Shadowlands would be the end of the cosmos. Because reasons.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!