Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Pre BfA: Nyalotha, sleeping city of the old gods, deep beneath the waves, lies the remnants of the Black Empire, home of slumbering faceless ones and unimaginable horrors, to enter is to invite madness into your mind

Post BfA: ITS JUST A DIMENSION LIKE THE EMERALD DREAM PURPLE FILTER LOOOL
    ??

Nyalotha IS a unique zone AND dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well, the raid is Ny'alotha. And it does look rad, basically as awesome as I ever pictured it.

But... yeah, I know what you mean. I wanted more out of it. Out of the Black Empire of the Old Gods reborn on Azeroth.

I would have loved for Ny'alotha and its visual aesthetic to be the basis for a series of zones in the vein of Argus. A region with the city over-lapping into Azeroth, a region of the city itself with its towering spires and non-euclidean geometries, and region overflowing with the fleshy corruption of N'Zoth and its most lovecraftian eldritch extensions. And a dedicated campaign that steadily unfolds as you progress like the Argus storyline.
    I think pyramids and obelisks are rather very classical when it comes to geometry.

It's probably the first time that I've ever been well and truly disappointed with a decision by Blizzard since they axed Azjol-Nerub as a full zone back in Wrath of the Lich King. Even when Blizz does stuff that most players think is trash, like Warlords of Draenor bad, I usually concentrate on the upside. With WoD I still enjoyed it, I just didn't enjoy it as much as other stuff.
    I was a bit disappointed with Argus and Nazjatar. At least Shadowlands isn't a zone in Dragon Isles.
    But I am truly disappointed that Ny'alotha and the Black Empire has arrived but it doesn't get its own dedicated zone. Still, I'll have to wait and experience the entire patch, the way it transforms Uldum and the Eternal Vale and the various cities might still be cool. And I'm sure the raid itself will be great.

And @mario710 is right, the patch does look really dense with stuff. Maybe it'll be more enjoyable than we think when you actually dig into it.
    It might be good gameplay-wise but it is always disappointing to not get zones. I wish they had scrapped Mechagon, which was quite obsolete in this story and we got real Ny'alotha instead. And before some grind-lover comes to attack my idea, I want to say that Mechagon systems could have been a part of Nazjatar which would make it feel less empty.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I hope this isn't the end of the old gods or the black empire, Shadowlands will be alright, it won't be as bad as BFA is/was right? 8.3 will have less in it to do then 8.2, 8.2 was a really good patch, up there with the biggest for sure and it made me come back to a game for a few months that I really didn't like. 8.3 will be ok, but let's not kid ourselves, the reason we got such a big and great 8.2 was because 8.3 won't be anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Most of the content this patch just looks like 80% reused assets. The raid is the only thing that looks unique. I really hoped for a zone but guess it is what it is.
    I hope these reused assets won't get uglier by comparison. I hate when Vanilla models are mixed with new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    If you look close enough most of the game is reused assets... even Antorus in legion was a bunch of ICC assets tinted green. Game Development without reusing assets would take an exorbitant amount of time.
    It is cool as long as it is new enough. I have nothing against Azsuna in Nazjatar but Cataclysm aged too much.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If anyone wants a Black empire expansion then they better hope that N'zoth planned on being defeated by us, otherwise the Old God credibility is completely gone.
    We already defeated C'thun and Yogg-Saron, and even with themn not being fully released they were still supposed to be more powerful than N'zoth, meaning that old god brawns is meaningless, leaving only Old God brains as a viable measure of threat, and that was supposed to be N'zoths greatest asset.

If N'zoth is trily defeated and Xal'atath returns for a Black empire expansion then Old Gods may as well be end of zone dungeon bosses for all the threat the present.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre BfA: Nyalotha, sleeping city of the old gods, deep beneath the waves, lies the remnants of the Black Empire, home of slumbering faceless ones and unimaginable horrors, to enter is to invite madness into your mind

Post BfA: ITS JUST A DIMENSION LIKE THE EMERALD DREAM PURPLE FILTER LOOOL
    That's basically what disappoints me with the reality of what Ny'alotha is. I know we only ever had speculation, but still, it being it's own realm similar to how the Emerald Dream is, it's kinda "Ehhh? Fucking really Blizz?!"
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    "just" a dimension? There'd be absolute nothing wrong with it being "just" a dimension if a dimension wasn't "just" a raid.

Shadowlands is essentially "just" a dimension.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be interesting if the defeat cinematic we get actually turns out to be a vision (fits the theme), and N'Zoth ends up living.
    Remember Blizzcon, where Ion had this smirk about how we know how 8.3 will end because of datamining? I think it was a "you think you know, but you don't" kinda smirk. Those who have done the bossfight on the ptr say it was a way too easy fight and the ending(or was it midfight) kind or cinematic looked unfinished. We are going to another realm in Shadowlands. What will happen with Azeroth while we are in SL lorewise? I mean, World of Warcraft: The Black Empire sounds too good to not be true!

Or N'Zoth just dies in 8.3. Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    Wow... really? I think it will be the biggest disappointment ever. It really has nothing interesting in it at all. There are some good changes to the game overall but the content itself is just terrible. People will be bored of it quickly cause it's pointless to grind gear which will be completely replaced anyway with the new expansion.
    Makes you wonder if you are even able to grind it before Shadowlands. At least they could have given us warfront(vs N'zoth) or island.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    They wasted too much of the expansion on the faction battle. The last, I dunno, 3 patches should've be completely Old-God.
    I agree. I think that faction story was pointless and I would just use Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Sylvanas could get hidden for later or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    So... honestly I don't have anything against the upcoming expansion Shadowlands. But fucking seriously... we waited all this time with this shitty expansion for the coming of the old gods and black empire... And all we got is some invasions and a raid... disappointed to say the least...

I mean... In legion we atleast went to argus which was a whole different zone + the raid... I thought blizzard would would make some more effort with the whole Old god theme... If this is the last we get with the Old god N'zoth and the black empire... Then I have lost much hope.

I REALLY hope they will surprise me and they got much more content with the black empire... Becuse If it's simply a raid(Ny'alotha) and nothing more... wow...
    I do agree, shadowlands might be cool, but so would an old god empire rising on our planet, it'd be a great thing to have on the other side of the planet towers so high you can see it from the other areas, so many great ideas but we get outland 3.0

Its fine and all, but i feel like the old god story is gonna get mixed into the void lords story and that is just too much purple.. and it wont be dangerous.

Not like the city of the unspeakable a place we cannot travel easily.. kind of like the nightmares but a real place, we are basically getting a soft version in 8.3 instead.. just like argus.

Great idea, pulled off utterly crappy.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

We literally blast N'Zoth in the face with an reorigination beam, there's really no way he doesn't die, only hope now is Xal'Atath
    My point is thats what we know now, but the whole cinematic looks silly af. I mean, you are most likely correct, no doubt, but here is me hoping for NZoth to be really clever. Not so much here I am guyyyyyy....BLAST TO DEATH...clever, but really, really clever.

Alot of people myself included was really hoping Ny'Alotha would be a new zone, so you could explore the City of the black empire, take in the visuals of the place, and the horrors you can find I was so disappointed when they announced it was just raid. While the raid does look good, I just wish it was a zone so we could explore it find its secrets and see the new lore which people have wanted for years

Nyalotha's unique zone is a raid, I don't count that as any kind of zone.

It could've been the setting of an entire expansion or even just an endgame zone like Suramar, and had been established as being important enough for it.

But Blizzard reeeally wanted Sylvanas to shatter the sky over Icecrown
    You're switching topics here, wtf.

In your original post you basically said that they retconned nyalotha into being just a dimension like the emerald dream, but with a purple filter, which is absolutely false. Nyalotha, the raid, is a unique zone and not just an alternate dimension of azeroth.

I'm not sure what you mean, in my original post I state what Nyalotha has been established as in the lore, and then I compare it to what we're getting which is a massive letdown of wasted potential because the zone is just a raid when it could and should have been more, and the dimension is just a purple filter in the open world with a few new assets.

I never said they retcpnned anything, just that the implementation of lore surrounding a villain that's been established since Cata is a massive disappointment
    You did say:
    "Pre BfA: Nyalotha, sleeping city of the old gods, deep beneath the waves, lies the remnants of the Black Empire, home of slumbering faceless ones and unimaginable horrors, to enter is to invite madness into your mind

Post BfA: ITS JUST A DIMENSION LIKE THE EMERALD DREAM PURPLE FILTER LOOOL"

And that is clearly:
    1. You trying to say it's a retcon, which it isn't
    2. It's totally wrong, because Nyalotha is not a "JUST A DIMENSION LIKE THE EMERALD DREAM PURPLE FILTER LOOOL"

You're again switching topics and talking about something you didn't say in your OP

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    can i have what ever you are on? sure they actually got rid of the infinity grind, but corruption is still a horrible mechanic, classes are still boring and pvp is continued to be ignored.
    May i ask that you make an example since titanforgeing and corruption are shit in your eyes so what is better?

Yeah OP, I'm pretty annoyed too. They could have easily shelved this patch for later so we could move on from BfA sooner, and not have an old gods thing rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    8.3 will arguably be the greatest patch on retail. If you take time to analyze everything being brought to 8.3, then you'd see that it's easily the largest content update in WoW history.

I'm looking forward to it.
    Is it against the rules to link to memes?

Seriously though, what are you on? The invasions take place in zones that already exist. Corruption is an AWFUL mechanic, even worse than Titanforging! What "content" is there really coming to 8.3? Looks like more of 8.2 with traveling to Vale and Uldum. YAAAWN.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling Ny'alotha is going to be like the Emerald dream and Azjol-Nerub, we wont get a full expansion behind it rather just bits and pieces of it in other forms like dungeons, raids and scenarios never a full zone or expansion on it.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-12-02 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I get the feeling Xal'atath is going to be like the Emerald dream and Azjol-Nerub, we wont get a full expansion behind it rather just bits and pieces of it in other forms like dungeons, raids and scenarios never a full zone or expansion on it.
    All because they wanted Garrosh 20.

Old gods are just large tapeworms and you thought they would give them even more content then they gave a walking planet that even the old gods bosses are jealous of?

I wanted the end of BFA to be N'zoth completely annihilating our forces when trying to kill him. Then a follow up expansion with a trailer similiar to the Halo wars Five long years trailer.

Maybe a post Shadowlands expansion will do that with the whole time dilation hints while we're in Shadowlands but I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2019-12-01 at 09:12 PM.

It is pretty terrible that they're just changing the skybox in 2 old zones and not giving us an entire old god area like they did with Argus.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.