Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Steady as we go. Unlike 2017, ♫♫ It's beginning to look a lot like Brexmas ♫♫

It will be interesting to see if there is any movement in tomorrow's MRP poll.

@dribbles

I’ve fixed the graph for you in anticipation of the electorate’s response to BJ refusing to look at a photo on a journalist's phone of a 5 year old with pneumonia lying on a bed of pillows because there were no beds in available. He then nicked the journo's phone. Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

I jest, of course. This is the problem, the electorate don’t give a fuck do they? I’m alright, Jack. My child’s not got pneumonia, so I’ll vote for a reduction in NI.

Selfish right wing cunts.

Now… if I’m infracted for the above, could someone continue to point the mods in the direction of the now nearly three day old post above that has yet to be meaningfully “moderated”?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    @dribbles

I’ve fixed the graph for you in anticipation of the electorate’s response to BJ refusing to look at a photo on a journalist's phone of a 5 year old with pneumonia lying on a bed of pillows because there were no beds in available. He then nicked the journo's phone. Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

I jest, of course. This is the problem, the electorate don’t give a fuck do they? I’m alright, Jack. My child’s not got pneumonia, so I’ll vote for a reduction in NI.

Now… if I’m infracted for the above, could someone continue to point the mods in the direction of the now nearly three day old post above that has yet to be meaningfully “moderated”?
    Alleged undiagnosed pneumonia though, didn't it turn out to just be a case of the sniffles? Miraculous recovery wouldn't you say from something so serious and so quickly too? The boy is home, all well tonight.

I tell you what, let me know when Corbyn next visits a hospital will you? He hasn't yet in this GE campaign because he doesn't care about the NHS, whilst Boris has been to a dozen. Corbyn and his istas probably too busy with other Labour core priorities and planning his broadband giveaway. Someone has their priorities right and its's not Corbyn.

But if Corbyn does go visit, I know plenty of five year olds who will lie on a coat on the floor of a hospital, all for the price of a Lego Batman or some such, and snuffle for the cameras, it's not going to help Labour now. They are a lost cause.

We Brexiteers see through it, ♫ the word is out, about the town, the feelin's on, simply havin a wonderful brexmastime...♫
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Alleged undiagnosed pneumonia though, didn't it turn out to just be a case of the sniffles? Miraculous recovery wouldn't you say from something so serious and so quickly too?
    So you've resorted to questioning whether the kid was really sick? Can't even defend Boris, got to deflect into accusing the kid and/or his family of lying. That's gotta be a new low for you.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2019-12-10 at 05:49 AM.

Alleged undiagnosed pneumonia though, didn't it turn out to just be a case of the sniffles? Miraculous recovery wouldn't you say from something so serious and so quickly too? The boy is home, all well tonight.

I tell you what, let me know when Corbyn next visits a hospital will you? He hasn't yet in this GE campaign because he doesn't care about the NHS, whilst Boris has been to a dozen. Corbyn and his istas probably too busy with other Labour core priorities and planning his broadband giveaway. Someone has their priorities right and its's not Corbyn.

But if Corbyn does go visit, I know plenty of five year olds who will lie on a coat on the floor of a hospital, all for the price of a Lego Batman or some such, and snuffle for the cameras, it's not going to help Labour now. They are a lost cause.

We Brexiteers see through it, ♫ the word is out, about the town, the feelin's on, simply havin a wonderful brexmastime...♫
    So that's going to be your defence? That the kid was pretending to be sick, that actually there were plenty of beds. That it's all a Left Wing conspiracy to make Boris look bad?

Yet more nonsense from dumb right wing cunts. Which is still acceptable posting for this forum, as per the 3 day old post (reported multiple times) that hasn't been infracted yet.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    [MENTION=1125693]I jest, of course. This is the problem, the electorate don’t give a fuck do they? I’m alright, Jack. My child’s not got pneumonia, so I’ll vote for a reduction in NI.

In case you didn't know voting is a purely selfish action, it was designed like that. So guess what, the vast majority of people who vote do so for purely selfish personal reasons.

Expecting people to vote because they care for their fellow man, that's not how it works.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think the idea is that most elections take place in May or June which are far warmer months, so the usual over-representation of older people won't be as strong; but I could have misunderstood. So yes, older people are still more likely to go out and vote, but not as many older people as usual. Whether enough to make much of a difference, pff I doubt but we'll see.
    It's balanced out by uni students being back home (usual in strong Conservative areas) so not concentrated in the uni city's (usualy Labour holds) this could cause a huge upset for Labour in some places that counted on the concentration of young voters to win.

Edit: probly not balanced out. Its very likely a bad position of Labour to be in. Though tbh I've always been on the fence about students voting in what is there temporary place of recidance. On one hand they do live there for at least 3 years of a term, but on the other it adds to the feeling locals get of students taking over and also suppresses the views of the perminant residents of the area.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-12-10 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    It's balanced out by uni students being back home (usual in strong Conservative areas) so not concentrated in the uni city's (usualy Labour holds) this could cause a huge upset for Labour in some places that counted on the concentration of young voters to win.

Edit: probly not balanced out. Its very likely a bad position of Labour to be in. Though tbh I've always been on the fence about students voting in what is there temporary place of recidance. On one hand they do live there for at least 3 years of a term, but on the other it adds to the feeling locals get of students taking over and also suppresses the views of the perminant residents of the area.
    Students are there 9 months of the year. If you want to start arguing residence, maybe we can take the vote off those super-wealthy who barely spend 6 months in the country, and take it off ex-pats entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Students are there 9 months of the year. If you want to start arguing residence, maybe we can take the vote off those super-wealthy who barely spend 6 months in the country, and take it off ex-pats entirely.
    Ex pats lose the right to vote after 15 years, many country's remove there right to vote immediately once there become residents of another country and there's a good argument for expats not being bale to vote. UK expats also cannot vote in Welsh, NI or Scottish assembly elections and can't vote in local elections.

The Super rich are such a tiny demographic that unlike students they have no affect on election outcomes from there voting demographic, even if they got concentrated into one area.

Also it would be grossly draconian to go back to basing voting rights on property wealth,

Also also. I'm not talking about removing voting rights only where the vote should apply for what seat. So your making straw men any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyslopia View Post
    You have to ignore the possibility that in the event of a hung parliament the LD's would not go into coalition with the Tories ie you would have to be born yesterday
    Then at the very least we could hope they temper their worst aspects. I'm not sure I expect a full coalition, but the cost of any agreement should be a referendum. That is if they don't revert to their duplicitous type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Ex pats lose the right to vote after 15 years, many country's remove there right to vote immediately once there become residents of another country and there's a good argument for expats not being bale to vote. UK expats also cannot vote in Welsh, NI or Scottish assembly elections and can't vote in local elections.

The Super rich are such a tiny demographic that unlike students they have no affect on election outcomes from there voting demographic, even if they got concentrated into one area.

Also it would be grossly draconian to go back to basing voting rights on property wealth,

Also also. I'm not talking about removing voting rights only where the vote should apply for what seat. So your making straw men any way.
    15 years is a very long time. And their numbers are sufficient to make a dent in election outcomes. You can't start denying Students their rights to vote in places where they spend most of their time, and furthermore, anyone with two places of residence in any case; of which there's also a huge non-student demographic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyslopia View Post
    This statement is a common fallacy that misinterprets the unlikely as impossible. They are very different things.

The only reason to believe a majority for either party is impossible are some opinion polls which have consistently failed to be accurate predictors of elections for some 20 years now.

Solve by experiment: if you really believe Labour can't win, lay them at betfair and make an instantaneous 2.5% profit on your investment.
    Betfair has the odds at

Most seats:
    Cons 1/33
    Lab 14/1
    Lib dem 300/1
    BXP 500/1
    Green 500/1

Overall majority:
    Cons 1/3
    No maj 11/4
    Lab 25/1

Gover after election
    Con maj 1/3
    Lab min 7/1
    Lab snp coalition 12/1

As far as betting concerned they think its a foregone conclusion and it hardly worth betting on the Conservatives unless your fine with small returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Then at the very least we could hope they temper their worst aspects. I'm not sure I expect a full coalition, but the cost of any agreement should be a referendum. That is if they don't revert to their duplicitous type.

- - - Updated - - -

15 years is a very long time. And their numbers are sufficient to make a dent in election outcomes. You can't start denying Students their rights to vote in places where they spend most of their time, and furthermore, anyone with two places of residence in any case; of which there's also a huge non-student demographic as well.
    They don't spend most of there time there. Most spend 3 years of there life there. But the perminant residents often spend multiple decades or generations in that area.

Like I said I'm on the fence over it. I understand that students should have a say in where they are temporarily living for there period at Uni, but St the same time I can fully understand the growing anger and frustration local residents are feeling towards students as there voice is often getting drowned out. Not so long ago in my own town police had to protect students from residents anger due to some uni planned development in the town. And I remember when I went to that uni local skinheads comming in and smashing up the student bar over some upset due to parking in the area.

It's part of a wider problem of growing anamosity towards university's and students from local residents of towns that needs saving befor it get worse and it will get worse for as long as local residents feel there being dictated to by transient students.

More moronic hatefilled delusion from the far right.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Expecting people to vote because they care for their fellow man, that's not how it works.
    Therein lies the challenge of convincing people that what is good for their fellow man, is what is best for them too. In case it wasn't clear I am agreeing with you in a de facto sense, if not a principle one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

@dribbles

Let's face it Brexiteers are Trumpistas of the UK. It doesn't matter what facts you throw in their face, they will still believe 2+2 = 58662398672. Bojo could shoot someone in the middle of Oxford Street, march to Harrods and open fire there and not lose any votes. It's a damn cult of idiots who offer no benefits and only unicorns and are immune to actual facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Let's face it Brexiteers are Trumpistas of the UK. It doesn't matter what facts you throw in their face, they will still believe 2+2 = 58662398672. Bojo could shoot someone in the middle of Oxford Street, march to Harrods and open fire there and not lose any votes. It's a damn cult of idiots who offer no benefits and only unicorns and are immune to actual facts.
    Sure, it's an emotive topic at this point, there's no point trying to tell people they're wrong because they won't ever accept that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    So you've resorted to questioning whether the kid was really sick? Can't even defend Boris, got to deflect into accusing the kid and/or his family of lying. That's gotta be a new low for you.
    He had a cold, not an accident or emergency or pneumonia and was sent home. A&E is not a place for someone a dose of Calpol will fix. From a nurse working there at the time:-

Her account: 'Every member of staff' there at the time knows that 1.Yes it was busy. 2. No, the child was not treated on the floor. 3.A bed WAS available. 4.The child was 'placed' on the floor for a photo. Will update.

https://twitter.com/Jay_Beecher/stat...78280561152001

If only Labour hadn't signed up to those disastrous PFI deals that starves the NHS of cash hey? Still soon it will have an extra £350 million a week to fix Labours mess...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    He had a cold, not an accident or emergency or pneumonia and was sent home. A&E is not a place for someone a dose of Calpol will fix. From a nurse working there at the time:-

Her account: 'Every member of staff' there at the time knows that 1.Yes it was busy. 2. No, the child was not treated on the floor. 3.A bed WAS available. 4.The child was 'placed' on the floor for a photo. Will update.

https://twitter.com/Jay_Beecher/stat...78280561152001

If only Labour hadn't signed up to those disastrous PFI deals that starves the NHS of cash hey? Still soon it will have an extra £350 million a week to fix Labours mess...
    Every word of this post has been debunked entirely.

Every word of this post has been debunked entirely.
    And - talking about debunking - you know what's really funny?

In their utter desperation to switch the media's focus away from the sick child / no bed story the Tories literally invented a piece of fake news, falsely accusing a Labour activist of assaulting an aide to Matt Hancock (who had been despatched their to "smooth things over" after BJ's ridiculous phone-stealing episode) at Leeds Hospital.

A video shared on social media showed a man, who was walking with Mr Hancock, walking into a protester's arm as he was pointing.

Cue hasty retractions from partial journos like Peston and Kuennssburg who had reported on the allegations without checking they had any substance.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...10491242643457

2 sources suggested it had happened but clear from video that was wrong

In any other times, this would be utterly extraordinary.

7+ Year Old Account
    And - talking about debunking - you know what's really funny?

In their utter desperation to switch the media's focus away from the sick child / no bed story the Tories literally invented a piece of fake news, falsely accusing a Labour activist of assaulting an aide to Matt Hancock (who had been despatched their to "smooth things over" after BJ's ridiculous phone-stealing episode) at Leeds Hospital.

A video shared on social media showed a man, who was walking with Mr Hancock, walking into a protester's arm as he was pointing.

Cue hasty retractions from partial journos like Peston and Kuennssburg who had reported on the allegations without checking they had any substance.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...10491242643457

2 sources suggested it had happened but clear from video that was wrong

In any other times, this would be utterly extraordinary.
    With all this focus on the Tory health minister, let's take a quick peak at the Labour one and something that can't be debunked as he spoke today...

Jonathan Ashworth said “I’ve been going round these national places, it’s dire for Labour… it’s dire… it’s awful for them, and it’s the combination of Corbyn and Brexit….outside of the city seats… it’s abysmal out there… they can’t stand Corbyn and they think Labour’s blocked Brexit. I think middle-class graduates – remainy people – Labour’s doing well among… but not in big enough numbers to deny the Tories a majority.”

That's extraordinary and the first time I've heard a Labour man tell the honest truth. Let's face it Labour are fubar. I wonder if he has an opinion of the kid on the hospital floor? No worries it's inconceivable cctv in a busy A&E doesn't exist, the truth will out.

I'd take the word of the Chief Medical Officer over some 'journalist' from VoteLeave's unverified twitter story.

Dr Yvette Oade, chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, said the hospital was “extremely sorry” that no bed was available in the treatment room. “This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family,” she added.

“Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack’s family had a long wait in our emergency department. Our chief executive Julian Hartley has spoken to Jack’s mum and offered a personal apology.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9238401.html

Or hey, what about the woman whose facebook post was the start of this propaganda?
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...t-hospital-boy

Although interesting that nothing in your 'source' backs up your accusation that he wasn't actually sick...
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2019-12-10 at 07:04 PM.